Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to select character after logging out to go into another

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unable to select character after logging out to go into another

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icykill_
01.08.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1
Server Dalbora/Attachfett/Win 7
After the latest Patch -
When I logged out of my character this morning to go into another (switch), I had no menus.
The character selection pane was missing and so was the exit button.
I tried "escape", "enter" and "Space bar".
This did not help !
I was force to go back to the windows desktop and close the game.
I then reopend and was able to continue the game.
This has never happened before, but my game was regulary going back to the create side screen when switching characters.

Beruthien
01.08.2013 , 07:24 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Icykill_,

If this should happen again, please refreshing your UI by hitting Ctrl+U twice. This should clear out the issue.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Icykill_
01.08.2013 , 07:30 PM | #3
I have tried using "ctrl" U
This does not fix the issue
I have now had to log off 5 times this morning in the last 15 minutes
This is making the game un-playable for me
Also I do not think I should have to use the ctrl U each time.
We run into these stupid faults evertime you apply a major patch.
Please do better quality testing
PLEASE APPLY A PATCH FIX TONIGHT
While I have been writing this post, my wife who also plays has had the same issue happen to her.
Once again ctrl U does not work

Derat
01.08.2013 , 09:28 PM | #4
It's not CTRL+U it's CTRL+U+U - two U's - it's still brutal i had to come here to find this "work around" - Bioware QA does it again.

Icykill_
01.09.2013 , 09:02 PM | #5
I have been able to get the ctrl u+u working.
EXCEPT I HAVE TO DO THIS EVERYTIME I LOG ON/OFF WITH A CHARACTER
This is becoming unacceptable for a game that should have had all the bugs fixed by now. I would think it would be the priority when patching... not creating more problems
I have been a subsciber since the 1st day the game was released in Australia. I have noticed that each patch is bringing more and more faults to the game. Instead of creating new content, fix the faults first!! Then when you release a "new" content patch or expansion, do some better quality assurance testing to ensure it will not add faults to the game.
The fact that I need to find work arounds just to play the game after each patch is not acceptable, especially when they aren't addresses and fixed in a timely manner. We have had to wait weeks for some fixes and even then they cause other issues.
Please fix this game for the subscribers and stop pandering to the free to play model.
You would not have lost as many subscribers before free to play if you had not driven them away with the constant problems with the game.
I really hope you listen to this feed back because you are destroying a game that is a brilliant concept.

ExcaliburKnight
01.09.2013 , 10:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I have been able to get the ctrl u+u working.
EXCEPT I HAVE TO DO THIS EVERYTIME I LOG ON/OFF WITH A CHARACTER
This is becoming unacceptable for a game that should have had all the bugs fixed by now. I would think it would be the priority when patching... not creating more problems
I have been a subsciber since the 1st day the game was released in Australia. I have noticed that each patch is bringing more and more faults to the game. Instead of creating new content, fix the faults first!! Then when you release a "new" content patch or expansion, do some better quality assurance testing to ensure it will not add faults to the game.
The fact that I need to find work arounds just to play the game after each patch is not acceptable, especially when they aren't addresses and fixed in a timely manner. We have had to wait weeks for some fixes and even then they cause other issues.
Please fix this game for the subscribers and stop pandering to the free to play model.
You would not have lost as many subscribers before free to play if you had not driven them away with the constant problems with the game.
I really hope you listen to this feed back because you are destroying a game that is a brilliant concept.
well Said and well written have been saying the same myself Have been a loyal fan of SWTOR since beta and have two C.E accounts on a 6mnth sub recurrent also have helped the cartel coin business by spending in the region of just over 300 since it was introduced but my subs are due for there next 6mnth subscription in feb and to be totally honest Cant see me playing the game anymore even though I have also brought the Rise of the cartel expansion. As it dosn't mater how many tickets you send in to CS and how many times you speak on the phone they just basically Fob you off. Ill say it one more time PLEASE FIX THE BUGS THAT YOU MAKE WITH EVERY SINGLE NEW UPDATE pre patch 1.4 my very expensive computer never had a single issue with this game.

Every update your team break this game more and more
LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS

jduer
01.09.2013 , 10:34 PM | #7
I have had the same issue on a Windows 8 system. I haven't tried the work around yet.

SideshowDish
01.10.2013 , 06:35 AM | #8
Can confirm that pressing Ctrl + U twice worked for me as well.

lkrzeminski
01.10.2013 , 06:57 AM | #9
It doesn't work I am affraid.

baldylox
01.22.2013 , 07:35 PM | #10
same logout problems with no menus when the character screen loads.

CTRL-Ux2 does not work.

i have better luck with ESC>Logout vs /logout

only been happening since patch.
<Rancor Bait>
Baldylox Sniper - Lascivo Jugg
Quixos Sin - Kopfeldjager Merc

Baldylox Twitch TV