Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion for future romance content in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Suggestion for future romance content in SWTOR

techwitch
03.27.2013 , 01:17 PM | #31
Really good ideas here! *signed* Now to get BW to have a look-see.
Choosing to limit one's vision is not the path to enlightenment. I prefer a world where there are limitless possibilities.

markcymru
03.27.2013 , 11:02 PM | #32
You know what would be really cool? If/when BW ever does do a romance-based story arc, they let us customize the love interest in the story in the same way as we customize our own characters – sex, body type, hair colour, eye colour, the whole works.

That would also automatically allow it to be either a SGR or an OGR, without any fuss.
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

Seireeni
11.09.2013 , 02:52 PM | #33
Have to say, many of the ideals sound very awesome (like the one presented above by markcymru), but I doubt bioware will ever implement them. It just sounds like a lot of trouble, and realistically, I doubt Bioware is ready to do that much for romances. But we can hope at least. ^^

Me, the number one thing I'd like is just plain and simple - more storyline for the existing companions. They are my favourite romances so far (STILL haven't tested Cytharat though, he seems really sweet. I've been way too laze with my male imperials...) and I'd like to have my characters' husbands and wifes talking to me once again. There could be all sorts of drama even though they are married. Old partners, pregnancy, marriage problems, maybe even your companion finding out you're cheating on them if you're flirting with other people.

Also, I'd like to see the romances with non-companion NPCs last a little longer than just i.e. one planetary storyline. Having a girl/guy on every planet might be fun sometimes, but too often you either don't really get to know the NPC at all or really keep missing them after the storyline (Saganu, come back!). It would be great that instead of having different romance option on every planet, some old romance options could turn up later in the story. Maybe by accident, maybe because they volunteered for some mission to see you again, maybe you called them because you need their expertise or maybe they called you because they need your help with something.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

SteelheartTiTan
04.02.2015 , 08:49 AM | #34
Im so glad that Im not the only one who takes this Serously!
I just finnishd the Romance story with my Sith Warrior, and Malavai proposed and also asked for children.
And there... The story just ends... I want moore, much moore! I would LOVE the idea of children, as an example.

The Romance stroy needs to continue. And ad more fire to it like

Same / Both Gender Flirts / Atractions ( it would be fun if like, Vette or Pierce, would not be into other Women/men.
But if u have very high influence on them and you realy are Smooth talker you can open there mind for somthing new hehe ) And others can be more open or just like the same gender.

jealousy
dates
break ups
or get betrayed
NPC Romance
Secret romances / group relations or possibly cheating ( if you are Married )
Reunions
Love mails Etc Etc Etc
Litle Less censoring,
( not like: "lets have some fun" and then its "fade to black" and there after, are you and your partner in the same room in the ship and totally unconcerned about the event. it so dull ) I dont mean to see everything, couse there is probadly children who also playes the game, but i hope someone understand my point

Fun thing is u cant even sleep in the beds on the ships or your own stronghold. or Sitt in the chair. Its Boring why decorate the strong hold if u cant use the stuff in it ?

I really love that there are people who really care about this. Love all the ideas
I hope that game developers are taking this seriously. I just want it to continue <3 in someway...

Fevee
04.02.2015 , 01:16 PM | #35
Please don't.

SGRs is such a polarized topic, it's not even funny. Those who agree with it are automatically "wonderful and caring human beings", whereas those who don't automatically agree are "the worst of the slime to crawl out of the pool of hatred". We have a nationwide chicken-serving fast food chain who has fallen under mass harassment just for not agreeing with it. We have a family-owned pizzeria in Illinois who have fallen under mass harassment just for not agreeing with it. We have a hard-working family on TV who fell under heavy fire and suspension just for not agreeing with it. We have many others under fire for not even saying anything!

Anyone who agrees with it is welcome to bring it up. Anyone who doesn't even agree is welcome to sit down and shut up. Proponents of this topic usually demonstrate themselves to be more intolerant and hateful than the opponents they claim to oppose, and I'd rather Bioware not sink itself any further into this topic; it's bad enough they did so on Makeb. It's sad how, when it comes to this topic, people are expected to automatically agree, or be subject to a metaphorical tar-and-feathering.

Yermog
04.26.2015 , 01:45 PM | #36
I've had this theory for a while that eventually they're going to implement a new update that has companion/romance content in it, and I got this from the Escape Pod on all of the ships. There's absolutely no reason to have an escape pod which you can interact with if they weren't going to do something with it later.

My thought/personal suggestion was that eventually the ship is attacked and the PC has to decide which characters go on the escape pod and which ones stay with them. Either way, you get reactions from all your companions, especially with your spouse/significant other, because staying on the ship means almost certain death. But instead of dying, you and the companions who stay behind are transported to the attacking ship before yours is destroyed, making all the companions in the escape pod think you're dead. You then have to fight your way free with the companions who stayed with you so that you can eventually be reunited with the companions on the escape pod.

That way you get a fun new quest with more interactions, some delightful new romantic scenes and conversations, PLUS a shiny new ship! Sounds like a win-win to me! I'd be happy to pay some money for that, personally.

therandyman
04.26.2015 , 02:36 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
I've had this theory for a while that eventually they're going to implement a new update that has companion/romance content in it, and I got this from the Escape Pod on all of the ships. There's absolutely no reason to have an escape pod which you can interact with if they weren't going to do something with it later.

My thought/personal suggestion was that eventually the ship is attacked and the PC has to decide which characters go on the escape pod and which ones stay with them. Either way, you get reactions from all your companions, especially with your spouse/significant other, because staying on the ship means almost certain death. But instead of dying, you and the companions who stay behind are transported to the attacking ship before yours is destroyed, making all the companions in the escape pod think you're dead. You then have to fight your way free with the companions who stayed with you so that you can eventually be reunited with the companions on the escape pod.

That way you get a fun new quest with more interactions, some delightful new romantic scenes and conversations, PLUS a shiny new ship! Sounds like a win-win to me! I'd be happy to pay some money for that, personally.
No.

The escape pod is for you to exit a fellow player's ship should you feel the need.

By the way, did you know that you can go on another player's ship if you are grouped with them? And use the escape pod to leave their ship by yourself?

JamieKirby
04.26.2015 , 04:48 PM | #38
This issue is the only reason bioware should have stuck with RPGs, instead of moving to mmos, the whole romance thing would work wonders in a Kotor game, but in a mmo, its alot of work for them to do.