Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character limit?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oldsailor
01.08.2013 , 01:17 PM | #1
Am I reading the patch notes correctly? It says if you buy a character slot, you can go above the default limit. (I'm a sub, so my default is 12.) The only other limit I see is 350 characters globally. So does this mean I can increase my server limit up to that point? If not, what is the limit going to be for a server?

Cerimon
01.08.2013 , 01:46 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Oldsailor,

I have not purchased 338 additional slots so cannot confirm if you can have 350 characters on one server but it does seem that way. Having said that, I can confirm that purchasing an additional slot will allow more than 12 characters on a server.

I hope this clarifies, I will try to get you confirmation on the server limit.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Cerimon
01.08.2013 , 02:07 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Oldsailor,

Okay so, there is a limit of 22 characters per server for Subscribers and 12 for preferred status players(F2P people automatically become preferred when purchasing character slots).

Please see this Help Center article for more information.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Melawyn
01.14.2013 , 08:23 PM | #4
You should see my post. It was telling me a few days ago that I had 12 character limit per server. I had 7 on Jedi Covenant, It would not let me create another toon on it the other day but I was able to create a toon on harbinger. Today it still had 7/7 limit reached but when I deleted a toon that # decreased to 6/6 and it won't let me created another toon on JC . But on other servers I can. Says Globally 350 available and yes I am a subscriber with plenty of sub time left, bought a 60 day time card.. I feel if I delete any more toons that # gonna keep decreasing to either 1/1 or 0/0.

Melawyn
01.14.2013 , 08:26 PM | #5
I'm a bleepy SUBSCRIBER. Its supposed to be 22 per server according to SWTOR, yet I'm being restricted to 12 per the preferred status. I am not freaking buying any character slot unlocks that I'm already supposed to have.

Thylbanus
05.07.2013 , 01:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Melawyn View Post
I'm a bleepy SUBSCRIBER. Its supposed to be 22 per server according to SWTOR, yet I'm being restricted to 12 per the preferred status. I am not freaking buying any character slot unlocks that I'm already supposed to have.
Contact BioWare CS by phone to get it resolved. The hour you spend on hold will be worth the effort. It beats the days that it would take to respond via bug report or posting on the forums. Use your cellphone and put it on speaker while you play. You'll hardly notice the time on hold.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Kilora
05.07.2013 , 01:47 PM | #7
Uh, 12 is all you get.

Unless you purchase the unlocks. You can purchase an additional 10 unlocks for a grand total of 22. Probably could've been more clear -- but as a subscriber, you get 12 per server for free.

Oldsailor
05.07.2013 , 10:28 PM | #8
Aren't unlocks paid for with Cartel Coins? I thought all active subs got an allotment of coins per month. So actually you aren't paying anymore for them if you use those.

Paladin_Xemo
02.19.2014 , 09:17 AM | #9
Are we ever going to get another character slot limit increase? 28 would be awesome. I am a diehard player and want 1 of ever advanced class roll (i.e. Sorc Healer and separate Sorc DPS, etc) but can't accomplish this with 22 toon cap. EA/BW, it's a minor thing but would be awesome to have.

Khaosfyre
02.19.2014 , 09:25 AM | #10
You get 12 by Default as a Sub, then purchase another 10x Character Slots (Account-wide) to get to 22.

I'm currently running this in The Harbinger.