Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 08:58 AM | #971
Quote: Originally Posted by mtsr View Post
Been out of action past few days with the Sith Flu.
Was severely disapointed to log in and see the spymaster chest had turned into a Jacket with rump flaps.

Happy to see the change will be rolled back, Thankyou. Pulling my mods would have been 40k + Aug kit __k and fee loss 30k. Cred loss is a problem for me with the present appearance system. Oh if only an empty stall on the Fleet had a barbershop/ dye /modular build your own

Appearance wise for some classes not a lot of options out there, absolutely cannot stand short sleeves or tail only half skirts hanging off chest pieces, Nor the mini fridge back packs. Presently there are 2 styles of capes the warhero/ elite warhero SAGE type and the other style that accounts for 99.9% of capes in game.

I do all my gear shopping with the preview button.

Sadly Revan's armor doesnt look like my avatar's
Release the Kotor skins!
So glad it is not being rolled back.

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 09:13 AM | #972
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
There was nothing about the chestpiece that screamed "Inquisitor" in its original state. Factor in that the Agent's ship is even called the "Phantom" and the "derp, duh, it's Inquisitor gear" rebuttal is kind of juvenile.
The pic on the Cartel Pack said otherwise.

Jack_Deth
01.10.2013 , 09:14 AM | #973
You guys do realize that the picture of the Phantom chest in the cartel market had shoulders on it right?

Keypek
01.10.2013 , 09:17 AM | #974
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
The pic on the Cartel Pack said otherwise.
A lot of people never even look at the cartel packs or pay attention to them. I don't even know which one it comes in. All I know is using the preview option showed me what it'd look like on my toon, i liked it, so i bought it... I guess every time I preview something off the GTN I should go do research of every picture bioware has ever released to make sure they didn't screw something up.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 09:20 AM | #975
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
A lot of people never even look at the cartel packs or pay attention to them. I don't even know which one it comes in. All I know is using the preview option showed me what it'd look like on my toon, i liked it, so i bought it... I guess every time I preview something off the GTN I should go do research of every picture bioware has ever released to make sure they didn't screw something up.
Well...when I made my purchase of the Cartel Pack.....It was clearly visible. In game "Preview" is not an advertisement.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Right below the spot to purchase Cartel Coins....Gee a pic of what the set look liked....not very hard to find, plain as day.

Vinjar
01.10.2013 , 09:21 AM | #976
Pretty much this. I don't look at the Cartel Packs. I just use preview.

It's not the end of the world, I'll just buy the Outlaw set.

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 09:23 AM | #977

That's nice for you, but others have said that they bought tons of packs specifically hoping to get this gear. So, you bought tons of packs and never noticed the gears appearance on the ad?

I think most people are feigning ignorance to be perfectly honest. Most knew what they armor was meant to look like and bought it anyway (likely thinking... "It's Bioware! They'll never fix it!").

They released a Smuggler/Agent set, then Consular/Inquisitor and now JK and SW. The fact that it was meant as an Inquisitor's robe was more than obvious.

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 09:26 AM | #978
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
That's nice for you, but others have said that they bought tons of packs specifically hoping to get this gear. So, you bought tons of packs and never noticed the gears appearance on the ad?

I think most people are feigning ignorance to be perfectly honest. Most knew what they armor was meant to look like and bought it anyway (likely thinking... "It's Bioware! They'll never fix it!").

They released a Smuggler/Agent set, then Consular/Inquisitor and now JK and SW. The fact that it was meant as an Inquisitor's robe was more than obvious.
Same people Ignore speed limit then respond "Gee Officer, I never saw the speed limit sign."

Keypek
01.10.2013 , 09:28 AM | #979
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Well...when I made my purchase of the Cartel Pack.....It was clearly visible. In game "Preview" is not an advertisement.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Right below the spot to purchae Cartel Coins....Gee a pic of what the set look liked....not very hard to find, plain as day.
You're right, preview isn't an advertisement.... it's what it ACTUALLY looked like. And think you missed the point where I said I don't look at the cartel packs. They are a waste of money. I have plenty of credits so I just look at new items through preview on GTN since you figure what the items actually look like on your toon would be what they are supposed to be. Hard concept I know.

In the end, it's not that huge of a deal. I just find it funny people expect every person that plays the game to be well versed with every advertisement and/or picture bioware releases in order to compare items they may or may not buy later down the road off the GTN. It was a giant screw up by Bioware no matter how people want to deflect it back on to the consumer.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Taorus
01.10.2013 , 09:33 AM | #980
You're right, preview isn't an advertisement.... it's what it ACTUALLY looked like. And think you missed the point where I said I don't look at the cartel packs. They are a waste of money. I have plenty of credits so I just look at new items through preview on GTN since you figure what the items actually look like on your toon would be what they are supposed to be. Hard concept I know.

In the end, it's not that huge of a deal. I just find it funny people expect every person that plays the game to be well versed with every advertisement and/or picture bioware releases in order to compare items they may or may not buy later down the road off the GTN. It was a giant screw up by Bioware no matter how people want to deflect it back on to the consumer.
Well, Firstly someone had to purchase the cartel pack for the item to drop, then it could be placed on the GTN. There is no other way for the set to be in game.

Secondly, Perhaps the only reason it was placed on the GTN is because it was not what the buyer of the cartel pack he/she purchased advertised for.