Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kierman's Avatar


Kierman
01.09.2013 , 05:19 PM | #901
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It would have been avoided if people read the Dev Tracker and made themselves aware that the armor designs were bugged and that a fix was coming then asked Bioware to implement the unintended set as well. All this drama was simply brought on by the ignorance of those refusing to make themselves aware of the known issues then complain when something unintended gets fixed.
I actually find this offensive.

First, I'm glad that a Dev or someone stepped up and said the problem is recognised, and that something will be done. So, in answer to my own post, thanks to them.

What I'm offended at is that some people think others who just want to play a game, have families, work, and perhaps also have other interests, have time to come here, search through a bunch of threads, or feel it is necessary to read the 'Devs Tracker' just to avoid being upset about buggs, or it frustrating them when effected. People who, like you I would hope, pay to play.. PLAY.. not read forums every week to see if something is screwed up they should look for, or be aware of.

In fact, I'm not sure why an In-Game notice board, with a simple rolling display like a news ticker, can't be put into the game so people actually IN the game, and not reading Forums, can maybe catch a glimpse of issues. But, I get ahead of myself... basically, I wish Forum members would stop thinking that they are the vast majority of people playing, and look down their noses at others, who they have absolutely no clue about. A generality, I know, but I see it a lot.

Imho, it's offensive.

That said, don't take it totally personally... I'd say the same to anyone with the same M.O.

And I'm sure I'll get as kind a response back... that I won't have time to read.

Kierman
I pointed out to you the stars, and all you saw was the tip of my finger.

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
01.09.2013 , 05:22 PM | #902
Quote: Originally Posted by Kierman View Post
I actually find this offensive.

First, I'm glad that a Dev or someone stepped up and said the problem is recognised, and that something will be done. So, in answer to my own post, thanks to them.

What I'm offended at is that some people think others who just want to play a game, have families, work, and perhaps also have other interests, have time to come here, search through a bunch of threads, or feel it is necessary to read the 'Devs Tracker' just to avoid being upset about buggs, or it frustrating them when effected. People who, like you I would hope, pay to play.. PLAY.. not read forums every week to see if something is screwed up they should look for, or be aware of.

In fact, I'm not sure why an In-Game notice board, with a simple rolling display like a news ticker, can't be put into the game so people actually IN the game, and not reading Forums, can maybe catch a glimpse of issues. But, I get ahead of myself... basically, I wish Forum members would stop thinking that they are the vast majority of people playing, and look down their noses at others, who they have absolutely no clue about. A generality, I know, but I see it a lot.

Imho, it's offensive.

That said, don't take it totally personally... I'd say the same to anyone with the same M.O.

And I'm sure I'll get as kind a response back... that I won't have time to read.

Kierman

But you did find the time to come here today to tell someone you found something offensive. While you were here...did you bother to peek at the Dev Tracker? You were in the neighborhood.

PeterGun-SWE's Avatar


PeterGun-SWE
01.09.2013 , 05:29 PM | #903
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Thank you, thank you so much!

I hope you guys will come up with the solution soon, so i get the 'dark sexy biker ninja' look back on my Phantom gear...

cheesethrower's Avatar


cheesethrower
01.09.2013 , 05:30 PM | #904
Personally, the thing that annoys me most about this change is that the Phantom gear looks just like a black version of the Revan Chestpiece now. If I wanted the Lady Gaga shoulder pads, I would have spent 400k credits less to get a Revan Chestpiece. I mean, cripes, the only reason the Revan Chestpiece is selling for so little is because not many people like the look of it, yet people were willing to spend 500k+ credits on the Phantom gear because it didn't look ridiculous.

Brutal's Avatar


Brutal
01.09.2013 , 05:31 PM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
I hope they do. Though as I mentioned in previously, back when Bioware stated it was wrong ( a month ago) and that they would fix it, people should have been asking for Bioware to implement the unintended set as well if people liked it so much. Buying it off the GTN though doesn't really excuse people from knowing that what they are buying is bugged and will be fixed eventually either. Unecessary drama because people chose to not be aware
im a casual player and dont have much time to read forum i did buy in game items base on the pre viue window if there would be a note on item that it will change i would not buy it its just like real shooping just becos somting look good on a model it dont mean it will look as good on u its why we have previue window
at the end of day i paid for digital item and it was taken from me replace with item i would not buy it brakes my costumer rights so i should be refoundet or have my item put back in place the problem is patch notes should be posted before patch not after we would avoid all the stuff on forum its lack of communication betwen gamers and developer and as i mentsion i dont follow forums much exept for ops and heroic part so had no idea it will be change

nickzwa's Avatar


nickzwa
01.09.2013 , 05:31 PM | #906
Quote: Originally Posted by cheesethrower View Post
Personally, the thing that annoys me most about this change is that the Phantom gear looks just like a black version of the Revan Chestpiece now. If I wanted the Lady Gaga shoulder pads, I would have spent 400k credits less to get a Revan Chestpiece. I mean, cripes, the only reason the Revan Chestpiece is selling for so little is because not many people like the look of it, yet people were willing to spend 500k+ credits on the Phantom gear because it didn't look ridiculous.
Exactly

Claprica's Avatar


Claprica
01.09.2013 , 05:56 PM | #907
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It's your responsibility to because it's Bioware's official form of communication and ignorance isn't an excuse when they make corrections to things they implemented incorrectly to begin with and stated they would then complain about it because you don't like them fixing it so that people who bought the packs based on the advertised art on the pack get what they paid for.
Yeah nah sorry, I would rather base my CC purchase off the actual armour links in game rather than some box art.
And asking people to check dev forums is retarded.
If the issue is that important it needs to go on the splash screen when you log in.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
01.09.2013 , 05:59 PM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews).
Thanks for your gracious and helpful response. I love the mod system. I know some people have commented that they'd prefer an appearance tab, but I like the fact that the mod system allows for both customisation of appearance and stats. I look forward to seeing what's behind your hints about the future.

Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.
Great news. It's not that important to me if my assassin looks differently than I want for a couple of weeks, just as long as I'm looking forward to a way to get the look I wanted back.

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
01.09.2013 , 06:09 PM | #909
Let's hope we'll see a fix sooner rather than later. I had a very nice and unique look on my jedi shadow, for once. Now, I was forced back into my jedi initiate's vestments.. before the cartel market, I wore that outfit since Febeuary >.> .... I'm not happy to be reunited with it. :/
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Devinia-Hex's Avatar


Devinia-Hex
01.09.2013 , 06:26 PM | #910
I actually like both versions but I'm glad to see they will make those for and against happy in the future.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion