Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
01.09.2013 , 03:45 PM | #891
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It's your responsibility to because it's Bioware's official form of communication and ignorance isn't an excuse when they make corrections to things they implemented incorrectly to begin with and stated they would then complain about it because you don't like them fixing it so that people who bought the packs based on the advertised art on the pack get what they paid for.
I think you misunderstand me. I get why people are upset who wanted what was advertised. That they got gear that looked different than what was advertised is clearly a mistake and should be fixed. They had a reasonable expectation that what they bought would look like the advertisement.

However, people who picked up the gear based on what it looked like in the preview ALSO had a reasonable expectation that what they bought would look like it did when they bought it.

I am pleased and reassured that BW obviously sees the issue here (even if you don't) and is willing to correct it. That's what a responsible company does.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
01.09.2013 , 03:46 PM | #892
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Did they add disclaimers to the artwork, or the armor description, upon noticing? Or did they allow people to still acquire it all with real money?? Right. They did nothing.
I think they mean that we're supposed to assume that Bioware does everything wrong the first time, then takes ages to correct it.

OldRepJedi's Avatar


OldRepJedi
01.09.2013 , 03:47 PM | #893
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Did they add disclaimers to the artwork, or the armor description, upon noticing? Or did they allow people to still acquire it all with real money?? Right. They did nothing.
They did their job and posted it in the Dev tracker. Which is all they are [B][U]required[B][U] to do. If you didn't check it, then I agree, that is your fault. Ignorance is not an excuse. Everyone knows that the Dev tracker is the primary source for what they are "supposedly" working on. I say that b/c there are more important things they could be working on instead of gear changes. But the information is there and if people would just read, they would know.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.09.2013 , 04:02 PM | #894
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
So, let me get this straight...just so I'm certain I understand you.

You're on the GTN looking at gear for your toon. Playing dress up. You're flipping through the adaptive gear, checking what it looks like in the preview window. BUT WAIT! It says it's a cartel item! So, according to you, at that point, you must automatically assume that what you see in the preview window is a lie. You must go to the advertisment on the cartel pack and check to make sure it matches there. Cause that make sense?

Riiiiight.
The Phantom, Preceptor, and Revan art on the cartel pack didn't match the in game art, that was the first indication something was off. Sith inquisitor robe on the pack, some assassin looking art in game, hooded Preceptor robe with shoulders on the promo art, hoodless, no shoulders in game. Saw a post on the forums from someone pointing out that the items didn't match and Bioware (Joveth) confirming to the OP that it was indeed incorrect and should match the art in the promo and that they would fix it. Like many other people who knew it was a bug just waited until they corrected it so that people like myself who bought the packs based on the promo art got what was paid for and kept buying the packs and selling the contents.

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.09.2013 , 04:08 PM | #895
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I think you misunderstand me. I get why people are upset who wanted what was advertised. That they got gear that looked different than what was advertised is clearly a mistake and should be fixed. They had a reasonable expectation that what they bought would look like the advertisement.

However, people who picked up the gear based on what it looked like in the preview ALSO had a reasonable expectation that what they bought would look like it did when they bought it.

I am pleased and reassured that BW obviously sees the issue here (even if you don't) and is willing to correct it. That's what a responsible company does.
I hope they do. Though as I mentioned in previously, back when Bioware stated it was wrong ( a month ago) and that they would fix it, people should have been asking for Bioware to implement the unintended set as well if people liked it so much. Buying it off the GTN though doesn't really excuse people from knowing that what they are buying is bugged and will be fixed eventually either. Unecessary drama because people chose to not be aware

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
01.09.2013 , 04:16 PM | #896
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
I hope they do. Though as I mentioned in previously, back when Bioware stated it was wrong ( a month ago) and that they would fix it, people should have been asking for Bioware to implement the unintended set as well if people liked it so much. Buying it off the GTN though doesn't really excuse people from knowing that what they are buying is bugged and will be fixed eventually either. Unecessary drama because people chose to not be aware
I believe people did ask for the unintended set to be implemented. And this ignorance is not an excuse argument is really silly for someone who picked up the gear based off the advertisements. I could easily say that you should have checked Dulfy's site to see the pieces before you bought packs...the information was there, ignorance is not an excuse. I don't think that's true. I think you had a reasonable expectation, but seriously, try putting yourself in the shoes of someone else.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

BobaScott's Avatar


BobaScott
01.09.2013 , 04:30 PM | #897
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Thank you very much for the heads up. I was dreading have to waste millions of credits to refit toons with outlaw gear off the gtn. I tried playing with the new spymaster gear but just can't stand looking at it. Will just level alts until the fix is in.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.09.2013 , 04:31 PM | #898
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
They did their job and posted it in the Dev tracker. Which is all they are [B][U]required[B][U] to do. If you didn't check it, then I agree, that is your fault. Ignorance is not an excuse. Everyone knows that the Dev tracker is the primary source for what they are "supposedly" working on. I say that b/c there are more important things they could be working on instead of gear changes. But the information is there and if people would just read, they would know.
Are you seriously suggesting that it is the customers fault if they buy an item, IN-GAME, that had an appearance window, IN-GAME, that was suddenly changed on them after spending real money on it? Do you HONESTLY think that a quick acknowledgement on a gaming forum covers Biowares **edit** from blatant fraud?

They sold it knowing FULL WELL that it was wrong and that they were going to replace it...I bought it NOT knowing. I bought it based on it's IN-GAME appearance, nothing else. They had financial gains from NOT telling me...and you think it's MY fault for not following Dev tracker enough? That's STUPID! Their obligation was to remove it or mark it as obviously changing...not deceive me.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

DarthSpooky's Avatar


DarthSpooky
01.09.2013 , 04:49 PM | #899
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Been at work all day, so couldn't comment earlier, but thanks for this. If you guys are still trying to decide what to do, I think there have been some excellent suggestions already posed in this and several other threads. Looking forward to actually playing the game again...

Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
01.09.2013 , 05:11 PM | #900
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.
Quote:
We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins
BioWare says lol to paying customers. Lovely and really really smart...no really...REALLY. Someone pays you for something they like. You take it away and then basically say, "No here buy it again!" This has to be the most laughable customer service I have seen in MMO history. WTG! I am pretty sure this has to be the single dumbest thing you have done since 1.2.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.