Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OldRepJedi
01.09.2013 , 03:22 PM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
MAybe if the forums weren't full of petty little trolls like you people would come here more often. Just a thought.
That's uncalled for. They were just saying something that has been mentioned before. No need to get nasty. And they are right. Dev tracker is there for a reason. Use it.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

iamthehoyden
01.09.2013 , 03:25 PM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
The items state they are cartel items in the description.
So, let me get this straight...just so I'm certain I understand you.

You're on the GTN looking at gear for your toon. Playing dress up. You're flipping through the adaptive gear, checking what it looks like in the preview window. BUT WAIT! It says it's a cartel item! So, according to you, at that point, you must automatically assume that what you see in the preview window is a lie. You must go to the advertisment on the cartel pack and check to make sure it matches there. Cause that make sense?

Riiiiight.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Thylbanus
01.09.2013 , 03:26 PM | #883
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
Thank you Damion! I do appreciate that you are going to correct this. I REALLY appreciate that you are trying to ensure that it will be something that will not cost us in CC or cr. I will have faith and will hold on to see what happens.

Most importantly,

THANK YOU FOR THE COMMUNICATION!

Just for that, I think I'll go buy some packs. I hope that this is held as an example to all of the other devs.

THIS IS HOW YOU COMMUNICATE TO THE COMMUNITY.

Well done, good sir. Well done.

Thank you again.

P.S. also thanks for the "sell junk" button and other corrections with this update.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

cashogy
01.09.2013 , 03:31 PM | #884
class balance issues? we'll address that soon

people complaining about the cartel market? ZOMGZ! RED ALERT! BATTLE STATIONS! WE NEED THEIR CASH!!!

seriously devs. there are countless threads in the PvP forum offering legit constructive criticism and suggestions. there have been like 5 dev posts there in the last year. but a bunch of people get upset when their armor changes appearance, and all of the sudden you are all over it?

lets show some consistency, eh fellas?

Thylbanus
01.09.2013 , 03:34 PM | #885
Quote: Originally Posted by Cave_Dweller View Post
Aaaaaand...

/thread

Who wants a hug?
How about

( ( ( ( ( ( ( GROUP HUG! ) ) ) ) ) ) )

It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Asuka
01.09.2013 , 03:36 PM | #886
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
To my knowledge, players are under no obligation to check the dev tracker or ever log into the website. If you can find a statement in the TOS that says that they are, I'd like to see it.
It's your responsibility to because it's Bioware's official form of communication and ignorance isn't an excuse when they make corrections to things they implemented incorrectly to begin with and stated they would then complain about it because you don't like them fixing it so that people who bought the packs based on the advertised art on the pack get what they paid for.

randiesel
01.09.2013 , 03:38 PM | #887
Agreed. I don't recall the changes being announced prior to the patch or even in the path notes. **** BW.

TUXs
01.09.2013 , 03:42 PM | #888
It's your responsibility to because it's Bioware's official form of communication and ignorance isn't an excuse when they make corrections to things they implemented incorrectly to begin with and stated they would then complain about it because you don't like them fixing it so that people who bought the packs based on the advertised art on the pack get what they paid for.
Did they add disclaimers to the artwork, or the armor description, upon noticing? Or did they allow people to still acquire it all with real money?? Right. They did nothing.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Velenias
01.09.2013 , 03:42 PM | #889
I hope that fix also includes the the perceptors chest.

Joesixxpack
01.09.2013 , 03:45 PM | #890
It's completely reasonable to check the Dev Tracker 5 mins during a day and make yourself aware of the known issues which may or may not affect you. In this case they stated a month ago it was wrong and would be fixed to match the promo art which also at that time they stated everything is intended to match the promo art. Not doing so negates any credibility to complain when they fix something that was incorrect to begin with and acknowledged to be.
Devs said they goofed things up and are planning to fix it. Thus obviating your negating, and relegating it to chuckle fodder.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE