Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 12:07 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
YES! Best news of today! Thank you!
Except it's not good news at all. It just shows that Bioware don't know what they are doing at all.

I for one want the items to look like how they did but I still think they are giving unfair treatment to.. well.. at the moment, -everyone- involved who cares about this issue, regardless of what they prefer.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.08.2013 , 12:07 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
This statement needs clarification. So the fix was unintentional? It was unintentional that everyone was fixed? I'm so confused. Someone need to post exactly what was "unintentional" about it and what your intended fix entails.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 12:08 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
That's your problem then because the cartel pack stock photo shows it's obviously incorrect. A bit of logic would tell you that it not reflecting what was in the stock photo was false advertising if they left it as is.
Except, it's NOT a photo, not even a screenshot, but a handdrawn artistic interpretation of POSSIBLE contents. Otherwise, every single pack should contain ALL the items shown on that picture.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

ParagonAX
01.08.2013 , 12:08 PM | #74
BIOWARE PLEASE READ:

This is how you fix the problem.

Create a temporary vendor that contains the armors (Phantom, Spymaster, not sure if others) that were falsely advertised. The vendors should contain BOTH the "old" and "new" armors. The cost for the "old" armor would be the "new" armor, and vice versa.

This way everyone can have the look they wanted, no more QQ.
GM of <Triumph>

Bubblës | Missbehavìn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radìance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 12:08 PM | #75
So which is it then? Cartel pack stock photo incorrect or the actual item is incorrect? Because one or the other should represent accurately what's it look like so all this drama is avoided in the future.
Yes, some sort of clarification is needed as to what is going to happen. I was going to acquire a couple of these sets for companions now that they have been fixed, but I will wait until it is made clear exactly what BWs intent is.

JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 12:09 PM | #76 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
So which is it then? Cartel pack stock photo incorrect or the actual item is incorrect? Because one or the other should represent accurately what's it look like so all this drama is avoided in the future.
I'm digging in to this today. I'm going to see what happened and clarify what the gear should look like. Apologies for the confusion.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.08.2013 , 12:10 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by ParagonAX View Post
BIOWARE PLEASE READ:

This is how you fix the problem.

Create a temporary vendor that contains the armors (Phantom, Spymaster, not sure if others) that were falsely advertised. The vendors should contain BOTH the "old" and "new" armors. The cost for the "old" armor would be the "new" armor, and vice versa.

This way everyone can have the look they wanted, no more QQ.
This makes a lot of sense.

Alternate way to avoid a vendor. Make them two separate items (would have to happen anyway) remove the item from everyone and refund the coins and let them rebuy the one they want.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Rasilvenaira
01.08.2013 , 12:10 PM | #78
I have to say I am seriously disappointed with the changes. I was excited to finally find the Phantom outfit because it did NOT have the stupid shoulder crap or a hood. Now they "fix" it so it looks just like the rest of the crappy armour with a hood and idiotic shoulder pads.

Its bad enough they couldnt make the Revan chestpiece without the stupid shoulder pads, but now they screw up the one outfit I'd found for my sith that actually looked good.

I wish they would change it back or give us an option to have an unchanged version.

Naholen
01.08.2013 , 12:11 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I hope this means they will return the Phantom Chestguard to its shoulderpad-less look. I loved its look pre-patch. And I like many spent money to get it. So I hope it is not a waste.
In space no one can hear you scream.

Tommot
01.08.2013 , 12:12 PM | #80
I'm so confused by what Joveth is trying to say. You guys said you'd fix the sets, you did, and now you're saying it was done in error? What am I missing here?
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |