Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BlownSi
01.09.2013 , 07:22 AM | #751
I think you are a little overboard saying that the majority of the player base does not like the changes. The fact of the matter is the changes were a correction to the gear appearance, in that they now look the way they should based on the advertisement in the pictures for the packs. Yeah, it sucks that people spent the credits to set up their gear the way they wanted it, but again, this was a correction more than it was a whimsical change. I for one as a subscriber want what is advertised. I know there are many who feel the same way I do as well.

Belacose
01.09.2013 , 07:23 AM | #752
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Phantom Chest V1 and Phantom Chest V2, I don't see why Bioware are making it so difficult for themselves.
So you're saying it should be as simple as me logging on one day and having a prompt pop up asking me to check one of two boxes for version one and two? I wear the whole set, btw. Would everyone with even a single piece of the set get this prompt?

Seems a little more complicated than you may think. Doubt they'll devote the resources for such.

Most likely it is going to stay how it now is and eventually people will get tired of complaining about it and move on to other things to cry about.

amnie
01.09.2013 , 07:25 AM | #753
I bought two cartel packs, sold them unopened, and bought my 'old version' chest like that. so yes, I did spend the money on exactly the look I got originally. maybe it's because I am 'business pro' in real life, but the artwork on the cartel pack is in no way an 'advertisement' and even if it WAS, you can't go by an advertisement and demand to get exactly the advertised item. advertisements are suggestions. only if someone addresses you specifically then you can demand to get exactly that item, and unless bioware personally sent you an email with your real name that is not an obvious form letter you have no rights to demand.

so. this is the legal situation for the 'I want the advertised look' crowd. you have no ground to stand on at all. what you PAID for is the cartel pack, not the armour.

Serraphimm
01.09.2013 , 07:26 AM | #754
Look, we all understand that you wanted what was advertised.

We all believe you should be entitled to GET what was advertised.

We WANT you to get what you paid for.

What we DON"T want, is to have something taken away from the rest of us so you can have it.

There was a way (a very easy way) to make everyone happy in this situation, and either from Ignorance, Carelessness, or pure thoughtlessness, BW/EA didn't do that.

we understand what was done was a "CORRECTION", what has us mad is that the "Correction" was made at the expense of others and it didn't have to be. It shows the pervasive lack of care for the community, which is sad because BW used to have one of the best reputations in the market for that.

Zaxem
01.09.2013 , 07:26 AM | #755
i actually like the new armor looks did't like the old ones to begin with
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Zaxem
01.09.2013 , 07:29 AM | #756
lol i actually like the new phatom look didn't like the old 1 at all same with the other armor sets b4 they changed them in the recent patch
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

VanguVegro
01.09.2013 , 07:37 AM | #757
I'm not reading over 60 pages to see if this has already been said or not, but here goes:

I can understand why these armors needed changing; false advertising is never good.
However, while I liked the old models enough to equip them, this is not the case with the new ones *.
I hope the old-style armors will be made available again sometime in the future under a different name, so those who like the new style can keep them while those that don't can get the armor they like back.

* Especially the Spymaster top, I think the Phantom top looks pretty good but it doesn't fit the look I wanted.

aSpitefullRetort
01.09.2013 , 07:44 AM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by bjbm View Post
I completely agree. I don't understand why BW waste resources fixing things that aint broke. My phantom c hest piece looks like complete *** now. This game WANTS me to hate it I swear.
I'm feeling your pain....with 2 characters.......*sigh

johnpickard
01.09.2013 , 07:45 AM | #759
I understand why a lot of people are upset with the changes to phantom gear, and the spymaster gear, and to an extent the trailblazer gear. But please, can we try not to ***** about the trailblazer Helmet? It looks night and day better with the goggles and earpieces,and it seems everyone in my guild and on the shadowlands server feels the same way. i would be thoroughly PO''d if some ************ about the chest made bioware change the helmet back to the boring look it had before. the changes made to this, and to the revan set's were a postive thing, and we should give Bioware some credit instead of just constantly dissing them.

Fornix
01.09.2013 , 07:46 AM | #760
This is simply what you (MMO community in general, not per sť you TS) get for people trying to keep on convincing devs that it's a good thing to listen to the QQ'ing on MMO forums. A few complain as to how some miniscule detail would be incorrect, BioWare listens and fixes it, completely within their right as after all you as a buyer DID agree to the following statement:

Quote:
EA reserves the right to change and update the inventory of Star Wars: The Old Republic Content without notice to you.
But then of course once the change has occured, the next party comes along to QQ about it.

And personally I disagree that creating 2 versions of a thing is a good thing, as it'll quickly set a tendency where people will keep on demanding that to happen in the future. We'll only get even more posts crying over trivial things.

Don't want stuff to change without realisation? There's only one thing you can truly do in MMO's. Actively participate on these forums. If more players who enjoy certain things the way they are do so, and express that on these forums, the less inclined devs will be to change it once they see that vocal minority, is also just a minority in postings.
Member of <Helix>