Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordRahlik
01.09.2013 , 02:52 AM | #691
I agree with the OP.

PLEASE allow us to get the old look back. I loved that look.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:54 AM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
I don't know either of them. I too was busy in game placing items for sale on the GTN, Dual Monitors are great. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that when you do spend money in the future, perhaps a little diligence on your behalf would help you not feel the way you do. An old saying from Benjamin Franklin ...."An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
And I think you'll find all of the players feeling cheated by this decision used the in game precautions of using the previewer to check how the items looked on their character. Not ferreting about in obscure threads on a hostile forum that many don't visit. I like the 'Hitchhikers' quote previously mentioned

Weaksauce
01.09.2013 , 02:54 AM | #693
Majority of the vocal minority you mean. You have no way of knowing if your guesstimate is in any way factual.

DerTaran
01.09.2013 , 02:59 AM | #694
I don't know either of them. I too was busy in game placing items for sale on the GTN, Dual Monitors are great. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that when you do spend money in the future, perhaps a little diligence on your behalf would help you not feel the way you do. An old saying from Benjamin Franklin ...."An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
But in this case, many people did that by checking the look of the armor on the GTN before buying it (I do this all the time). The bug wasn't reported the same way like the 'legacy mount skill' problem and not in all languages. Kids are playing this game. As a 12 years old, my English skills were quite limited. BW can't assume that every player (Kid o not) visits the English development tracker or even the English forum. Especially not if they are offering the same service in German and French.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 03:00 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
They can also be purchased on the GTN, on the Red Eclipse EU server Blockade Runner Packs sell in the 300K to 400K range.

Hence my guestimate of 1,000 credits = 1 Cartel coin = ~0.5p

Just had a look at the Revan chest piece and there are loads at 45K and 50K. A handfull of Phantom chestpieces have been placed on at the 950K to 1.5M will be interesting to see if any sell.
How do you think the Cartel Packs get on the GTN?

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 03:03 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
And I think you'll find all of the players feeling cheated by this decision used the in game precautions of using the previewer to check how the items looked on their character. Not ferreting about in obscure threads on a hostile forum that many don't visit. I like the 'Hitchhikers' quote previously mentioned
Well, I felt cheated....When I paid real world currency for Cartel Coins...to Purchase Cartel packs to Purchase armor advertised on the Very cover of those cartel packs before the made there to the GTN for you to preview before purchase.

AttonStarkiller
01.09.2013 , 03:16 AM | #697
In the cartel market, I have always felt that any artwork is simply that. I have the purchased with credits from the GTN multiple pieces of Trailblazer, Spymaster and Phantom armorings. I knew what they would look like on my characters from using the preview function. In the case of the Phantom chest, if I had wanted a hood, I would have already been wearing something with a hood. I don't happen to like hoods as my character (male) has long sideburns, which I like when I can see his hair. I don't want to cover his face completely in a mask. With the hooded chest pieces, my toon frankly looks crazy since he is bald with sideburns. It's actually kind of creepy. And seeing the back of his bald head stick out of the back of the hood is also unacceptable.

In the case of the Spymaster chest, I selected it for my Powertech and paired it with the Outlaw leggings. It looked nice to me and was the look I wanted. Now with the new design, the part below the belt clips as I run or move. It does it constantly. Again, I selected these pieces off the GTN based solely on the icon and preview views. It had absolutely nothing to do with any artwork on the cartel market.

For all of us that scoped out the in game pictures of the gear (sites like dulfy and others) and made purchases based on that, this is a complete stab in the back.

Sure there are players that like or love the changes, but considering that a Phantom chestpiece was going for 300000 and more on the GTN shows that a lot of people really liked the look. If I had an inkling that this was going to happen, I would have likely waited or gone for something different.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do like the Trailblazer change, but if you came back in the next patch and said, all looks are returning to 1.6.1, I wouldn't be mad about it. Right now though, I am mad about it.

J_Fred
01.09.2013 , 03:23 AM | #698
I almost fell out of my chair when i realized so many people were up in arms defending this bad, ugly looking armor. The changes actually make the armor look better yet people are whining and want the old, ugly, plain and flat look back?
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

J_Fred
01.09.2013 , 03:25 AM | #699
Quote: Originally Posted by homeloard View Post
NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt.
levis and a shirt? maybe this isnt the right mmo for you...
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Mindwreck
01.09.2013 , 03:34 AM | #700
Great movie, A very young Alyssa Milano and Tommy Chong's daughter were in it to. I never made an such suggestion that you get dual monitors...you said you were unemployed. I would never suggest to someone that is out of work make a frivolous purchase of an additional monitor or Cartel Packs. I am not against the correction. In fact I have been waiting for close to a month for BioWare to implement it. I am glad it came today. On a side note, It may help your employment issue if you didn't stay awake to the wee hours of the morning to play video games. In the future if you need any help, PM me....so as not to derail a thread.
G-night, keep up the good fight. I'm just mad, very mad. So much time and money wasted because I didn't check the forums.