Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DerTaran
01.09.2013 , 02:21 AM | #681
I will create an in game Ticket treating it as a bug.

BTW, the bug report you mentioned, wasn't even translated in other languages. The none English speaking community was not aware of it at all. You probably don't care, but BW should.

I agree, that from a legal point of view they had to do it, but for customer care reasons, they should offer a solution for people unhappy with the new look as well.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 27 Shadow; Annakami 41 Vanguard
Amitha 50 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:21 AM | #682
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
You do know preview mode doesn't work on Cartel packs? So I had to go buy the picture on the cartel pack was the item I was buying.
You do know that you can preview any cartel pack items before equipping them and thus binding them to your character. 'Incorrect' Phantom chestpieces were selling well on Red Eclipse EU, for far more than I suspect the corrected version would sell for. If memory serves the Revan top a similar model but different colour was going for about 75K while the 'Incorrect' Phantom chest 300K.

The solution would be to sell the item on GTN and keep the cash in reserve, or hold onto the item in your bank unbound. At least you had choices.

DataBeaver
01.09.2013 , 02:22 AM | #683
Quote: Originally Posted by homeloard View Post
NO we do not love the changes to the Trailblazer Jacket. Why do we have to have these stupid non functional things hanging off simple clothing. There is now no plain jacket, everything now makes you look like a fugitive from some old time WW1 movie or a scuba diver. I just want Levis and a shirt.
Have you considered low-level craftable orange armor? Plenty of simple clothing there.

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:29 AM | #684
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
You do know that you can preview any cartel pack items before equipping them and thus binding them to your character. 'Incorrect' Phantom chestpieces were selling well on Red Eclipse EU, for far more than I suspect the corrected version would sell for. If memory serves the Revan top a similar model but different colour was going for about 75K while the 'Incorrect' Phantom chest 300K.

The solution would be to sell the item on GTN and keep the cash in reserve, or hold onto the item in your bank unbound. At least you had choices.

No....the solution was to query BioWare what was wrong then...I was told a correction was coming. It came today. I am sorry you purchased the incorrect version with non real world currency.

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:29 AM | #685
Your right...I wasn't forced. I was informed by BioWare....That a correction was coming in an up coming patch, I got that patch today.
Just out of curiosity, and don't feel obliged to answer.

1) When you found out that the armour you were hoping for wasn't in the cartel packs did you buy any more?
2) How many other items did you get in the cartel packs that you didn't want?
3) If you did get any of the pieces mentioned, specifically the Phantom chestpiece did you equip it as soon as it popped out of the cartel pack, even though it wasn't as advertised, or did you leave it unbound in your bank?

Devlonir
01.09.2013 , 02:31 AM | #686
Well, you are not being truthful when you say you paid "real money" for the items.
This.

They were part of gambling bags, yes. But you paid real money for the bags, not the chestpieces themselves. You got a ton of things out of the bags, and possibly the chest pieces.
Also: They were actually advertised on the gambling bags with the look they have now. So actually.. you were being advertised falsely before, not now.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Taorus
01.09.2013 , 02:35 AM | #687
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Just out of curiosity, and don't feel obliged to answer.

1) When you found out that the armour you were hoping for wasn't in the cartel packs did you buy any more?
After I found out from BioWare a correction was coming I bought many many many more.
2) How many other items did you get in the cartel packs that you didn't want?
Lots of stuff I didn't want...that I sold or gave away.
3) If you did get any of the pieces mentioned, specifically the Phantom chestpiece did you equip it as soon as it popped out of the cartel pack, even though it wasn't as advertised, or did you leave it unbound in your bank?
After being Informed a correction was coming...yes I equipped it, Why wouldn't I a correction was coming.
See red.

bokzter
01.09.2013 , 02:50 AM | #688
I am in complete agreement with most in this thread.

I bought the spymaster chest then changed my mind to the phantom chest based on the preview of the looks... pulled mods... spent creds... blah blah and now?

I log in to find you've ruined the phantom set, then think about changing back to the spy master... but wait you've destroyed that as well.

Either put back the way they were or refund all my credits laboriously setting up the look of my toons.

So angry right now.

Vhaegrant
01.09.2013 , 02:51 AM | #689
Cartel Pack are originally purchased with Cartel Coins....Which need to be purchased with real world currency.
They can also be purchased on the GTN, on the Red Eclipse EU server Blockade Runner Packs sell in the 300K to 400K range.

Hence my guestimate of 1,000 credits = 1 Cartel coin = ~0.5p

Just had a look at the Revan chest piece and there are loads at 45K and 50K. A handfull of Phantom chestpieces have been placed on at the 950K to 1.5M will be interesting to see if any sell.

Zeeke
01.09.2013 , 02:52 AM | #690
Tbh this patch today has been the first patch in a long time which has made me very happy with bioware and the game.

The phantom chestpiece and gloves were finally fixed to the advertised appearance which imo looks great and I can now finally utilise them into my main outfit.

The Revan legs were also finally fixed and was something I was waiting for since the packs first came out.

Unify colour was finally fixed, man you don't realise how much of a ball ache this game is when unify colour doesn't work :P.

All in all I'm very happy and I finally updated my characters appearance and she looks ******
only negative I guess is the pack seems to lack a bit in content compared to previous packs. Is there an ultra rare head piece item in this pack?
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Sith Lord Kazra Sunreaver | Massassai of Jen'jidai | Officer of PvP