Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 10:11 PM | #601
It would be nice if they were not trying to have their cake an eat it. We are being told 'well it's your fault, you should have relied on box promo art not the actual items/previews.' Buuuuuuut. Then they say 'Um, yes, well, Dancer's/Reveller's outfit mix up. You see, we ... um... sort of accidentally put the picture of one of those on the promo art of the Cartel Pack it isn't included in....and included the other one...but yes, you should always rely on our box promo art....'.

Pick one, please.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 10:16 PM | #602
Finally started playing again after the rage in me settled down a bit. I still can't get over the fact I used to look like a bad arse ninja and now look like a someone who just got out of a shower with a robe and towel draped around me. I swear there's a legal issue involved here since it involves real money. False advertising or something for all you lawyers out there. BW's gone to sleep for the night so anything goes. This has to be one of the biggest messes ever created out of something so simple and easily addressed. Keep old look, keep new look. Is this really that complicated.

Uber_the_Goober
01.08.2013 , 10:18 PM | #603
I am also thoroughly pissed that my Phantom armor, which I bought specifically for the looks it gave upon preview, now make me look uber stupid.

I wouldn't have wasted 500k on it. At least I didn't buy the gear in the cartel market.

Reppical
01.08.2013 , 10:19 PM | #604
I love the trailblazer and spymaster changes... granted i don't speak for the majority.. but still they are such minor changes...

I can understand the hatred with the phantom set, but not these 2.

SoyChulo
01.08.2013 , 10:22 PM | #605
I intend to give a reasonable amount of time(see two weeks) for this to be reverted. After that time I will do a chargeback on my credit card.
<E> Guild - Progression raiding
Fun, casual or hard-core, players feel free to apply

Magnusheart
01.08.2013 , 10:23 PM | #606
Better than the stupid bodypaint it was before.

Majority of the people on Jung Ma on both sides are rather enjoying the changes. Empire side alone there is almost a good 40 more people wearing the Phantom Robe set now.

Reppical
01.08.2013 , 10:25 PM | #607
/signed...

I don't know why everyone is creating a HUGE uproar over this... this community is rapidly turning into a Spanish soap opera..

I will say that I can understand individuals being upset about the Phantom set, I don't agree, but I understand. I also can understand everyone being upset and frustrated over the recent communication of BW on the forums and how it was false/mistake.

BUT.... seriously... they made minor changes to the TrailBlazer and SpyMaster sets and people are crying as if they removed pants (ALL PANTS) from the game... I've been away playing other games, saw the forums, I had to log on and check for myself.. I had to inspect the sets multiple times before I realized what the changes were... everyone's reaction made me think they were turned pink and had hello kitty imprinted on the chest or something..

I think the SpyMaster set was always lacking, it looked dull, the additions are nice.

The Trailblazer is now my favorite set, my character no longer looks like he is wearing a spandex suit and trying out for the Swedish bobsled team....

Thank you Bioware, not everyone hates your new changes...

As for the rest of you... if you hate them, sign a petition, do something productive, creating 100 threads of whining and crying... well that's a step in the wrong direction..

Live long and prosper (Oh yea I went there)....

Shenando
01.08.2013 , 10:30 PM | #610
OK, my first post in a forum. I am hoping that the devs actually do consider player input. I don't like the change to spymaster (I'm on the fence relative to the phantom change). I paid to buy cartel coins to try and "win" the spymaster set, when the purchase of several packs failed to achieve that, I purchased from the GTN so I could have that "look" for one of my toons and her companion. Now it has been changed to the "jacket" look, which I do not like! Perhaps a solution is to offer both looks (for each of the pieces of spymaster and/or phantom chest armor the player has), but only one can be selected and equipped, the other then disappears. Or, offer both looks and let the player sell the one they don't like. But please, somehow, give us the look we thought we were buying!