Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 09:26 PM | #591
Those of us who were perfectly happy with the look of our purchased items have been told off in more than one thread today along the lines of "well you never posted saying you had no problems, so this is your own fault".

That just might have something to do with the current noise levels you are seeing from usually quiet people.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Joesixxpack
01.08.2013 , 09:26 PM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnykat View Post
I can understand the negative feedback on the stealth fixes to these cartel costume pieces. However, I am REALLY digging the fix to the Smuggler gear...and to a greater extent all the changes make sense and look good. Well, except the Phantom Stealth Headgear should have an option of hood (shoulder pads) or no hood (shoulder pads).

I spent a lot coins just now buying a lot of the new pieces, so if you roll this back I think you will have another round of backlashes. PLEASE let us keep the new/fixed items if we can. Thanks!
Uh huh. Refer back to this post when some gear you really like gets changed to a look you don't like later.

Mister_Awesome
01.08.2013 , 09:26 PM | #593
I love both looks, preferring the "real" and "fixed" version of the Phantom Robe. I believe that they should include the "broken" version of the Phantom Robe in the game via a vendor for the same price as Social Gear (Around 500 credits) to compensate for this slight blunder.

As for a movement to change it back to the mistake they made? Not in favor.

Edit: Dev Tracker states, "The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance."
Lathia, Alemuna, Lathiana
The Shepherd Legacy
"Light From A Few Can Be A Beacon To Many"

Ghyren
01.08.2013 , 09:34 PM | #594
BW, this is a mess you have on your hands. The spymaster, phantom, and trailblazer changes are not welcomed by the majority of players. As a GM all I did was hear complaints this morning from guildies as we logged on and discovered we got ripped off.

You implemented this "fix" in a very bad manor. With no changes on a PTR with character copy service - We did not know how this would turn out. People bought (spent in game credits or cartel coins, some real money to get cartel coins) to get these items and customize their character - a hallmark of MMORPG gaming in the modern era. They augmented them and bought other pieces to make their armor look cool and unique. Gamers invested time and money....

So you have a problem. Displays didn't match what people got. I did not hear one bit of this in general chat months ago when cartel market launched, but I heard it all day today - that means, the majority of customers did not care. Today, the majority are outraged. You needed to implement a different strat.

What you needed to do for your PR was to make a fleet vendor that would exchange those cartel items that were "visually incorrect" for ones that were. They could have been named differently or added a MK-2 or whatever so you didnt have to change coding on items already in existance. You simply would dup the item, change the dynamic name, change the design and offer it on a vendor for trade. You would have avoided all this hassle.

So brings us to today.... people are frustrated but what are they going to do? Some will complain hoping you will be the BW that you were before the game launched, listening to feedback and making changes quickly. (Remembers back in 2008 when characters hands were heck big and the community cried out and it was changed) The players are now in a phase of "I dont look cool anymore" so what do they do, they spend credits on GTN items and more will buy more cartel packs to get the newer gear more easily - both ultimately equal more real money into your pockets. This is not right, and I hope you do good as a company and try to right the wrong, or put better the perceived correction that turned out to be a PR nightmare.

Groncho
01.08.2013 , 09:38 PM | #595
Roll back and give the "shoulders" and "hoods" lovers something fancy and horrid as the 99.9% of this game crappy armor. U ruined the 3 only things that does not look GOTHIC DEPRESSIVE
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 09:40 PM | #596
Seconding that.

Fixing this in a fair manner also makes good financial sense in the long term, as you do need to keep a certain element of trust if you want people to keep giving you all their shiny pennies.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Joesixxpack
01.08.2013 , 09:45 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I really liked the changes...

http://i50.tinypic.com/scubr6.jpg
Looks like your toon is wearing an inflatable neck pillow like I use to sleep on airplanes.

Hnefatafl
01.08.2013 , 09:56 PM | #598
They weren't the only ones to change, and for the worse either. For me, it is the Preceptor's Gear, which I really liked, and spent a fair bit trying to get. It looked fantastic, had no hood, and was the first set of robes I actually liked.

NOW, I log in to find that the robe has a hood, the robes themselves don't drape properly, the lower robe's *** sticks through the back of the upper, and it's got insanely stupid shoulder pauldrons of some type??

This is the stupidest looking bit of gear now, and I never would have wasted my cartel coins on this.
Wolf Squadron
Stalk and Strike

seraphimm
01.08.2013 , 09:59 PM | #599
For those that say "They told us in Dev posts that the items you see in game are mistakes and will be changed in a future patch, so you should have known it would be changed. To not change it would be FRAUD and FALSE ADVERTISING".

I say this

They also told us in the beginning they would offer us a HOOD DOWN option for Jedi robes
They also showed us pictures and videos of Jedi robes without hoods

That was over a year ago, where are those fixes?

This time the mistake must suddenly be fixed right away. This time they make a mistake and not only do people NOT complain, but a majority of people go out of their way to purchase the items because they LIKE the way they look.

In a game where for a year now, every Big shouldered hooded outfit that hides your face (which by the way is the ONLY really customizable part of your character) looks like every other hideous hooded hack; they FINALLY gave us some form fitting simple clothing that people like and gets positive feedback

AND THAT'S WHAT THEY DECIDE TO FIX IMMEDIATELY?

Fine then, I'll play!!

FRAUD.... WHERE IS MY HOOD DOWN OPTION

FALSE ADVERTISING.... WHERE IS MY HEAVY ARMOR WITHOUT HOODS

Or you can just give me back my regular clothing, I customized my FACE at character creation, giving me the option to HIDE MY HEADPIECE so I can see my face does no friggen good if it immediately PLACES A FRIGGEN HOOD OVER MY FACE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm a little ticked. I play DESPITE what they refuse to fix, and finally a mistake goes right and THAT"S what becomes priority.
*** man.... ***!
- Collector's Edition - Grand Master Zym server
SERAPHIMM - Jedi Guardian /Hybrid tank: Light side // ENACRA - Scoundrel Sawbones: Dark side // LUMINISSA - Commando Combat medic: Neutral // LUMINATTA - Sith Marauder: Light side // ANACRA - Mercenary Body Guard: Dark side

OpeningToEndgame
01.08.2013 , 10:07 PM | #600
Also the gloves. They're ugly as *)(*&^