Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ciridemarr
01.08.2013 , 07:32 PM | #541
I just wonder another thing - why the heck BW is wasting their precious resources - people - on such ridiculous and not realy bothering thing like difference between adverts look and real IG look ????
I though they would focus on an expansion, 100+ bugs, new 6 weeks cycle content.....

*shakes head *
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 07:35 PM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Ciridemarr View Post
I just wonder another thing - why the heck BW is wasting their precious resources - people - on such ridiculous and not realy bothering thing like difference between adverts look and real IG look ????
I though they would focus on an expansion, 100+ bugs, new 6 weeks cycle content.....

*shakes head *
I sincerely doubt the people working on outfits are the same ones working on bug fixes. I really hope not at least. Nah, they have different teams working on different things. Or so they've said.
Sith Sorcerer

RenegadeClone
01.08.2013 , 07:37 PM | #543
Having spent ages searching, modding and augmenting my armour - to then have it changed without warning is a real slap in the face.

I had a great outfit with the Spymaster chestpiece and Phantom lower robe - lovely republic colours pattern, sleek design - now completely ruined. There is no other chestpiece that gives that dark red, white, grey colour scheme. My companion armour was also matching so that is ruined now too.

Please, please Bioware - revert the armour back to the way it was before. I've been a subscriber since launch, having never dropped my subscription. I've also spent a fair number of credits on the cartel market.

For the first time I really feel like cancelling my subscription. Instead of changing the current Spymaster armour why not just add a new Spymaster v2 armour?

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 07:37 PM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
They did not randomly change the look. They posted last year that they were going to fix them to look like the advert.
This is the last I want to hear about this issue before the name-calling begins. Were not all forum junkies, I prefer to play the game. If BW wants there fanbase to be forum junkies just delete the game and maybe you'll see more activity from me on here, and I'll be able to keep up with all the thousands of posts.

Ciridemarr
01.08.2013 , 07:39 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I sincerely doubt the people working on outfits are the same ones working on bug fixes. I really hope not at least. Nah, they have different teams working on different things. Or so they've said.
Programers who code items into game can be used for any coding purpose. And as for artists....I can bet that this must have been gramar art school interns working at BW just for a line in their future resume.
Ciridemarr
Guild Leader of Order of the Nameless
The Progenitor server EU

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 07:40 PM | #546
I don't think there are many businesses that sell you things only on the understanding that you have read their personal forums.

Truly.

That's an inane assumption.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 07:40 PM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by Alodar View Post
I like simple clean armours of the kind you see characters wearing in the movies.
I would like it changed back.
VERY importent part imo. I can't count all the times I've seen Han Solo wear long coats with huge shoulderpads and cowboy hats with built-in goggles in the movies. Simply because there aren't any.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

orpheus
01.08.2013 , 07:42 PM | #548
but we are set thousands of years before the movies right?..things change

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 07:43 PM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Alodar View Post
The thread you are referring to covers two armours changed to match advertising. (I know it has wandered)
I would like to know why this set was changed as it didn't appear in any advertising.
I purchased this armour specifically for the way it used to look. (I hate the shoulder bit and the random patches on the back.)

I like simple clean armours of the kind you see characters wearing in the movies.
I would like it changed back.
Sorry, I totally agree with you!

Changes to Trailblazer really upset me. I just thought it might be good for people to contribute to the other thread too, because staff have been posting there as if it were on the much broader topic of all changes, and I haven't seen them - yet - post in the smaller threads.

And really, this is a broad issue
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Joesixxpack
01.08.2013 , 07:44 PM | #550
Whether it was shown in art or not is irrelevant.

You paid for the item that was for sale, and now it looks different. That's b.s.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE