Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpooky's Avatar


DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 06:56 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Those will be very few.. I already saw the chestpiece drop from 450k to 350k on GTN, and they weren't exactly gone in a matter of minutes. I bet they're actually still there, and that their price will plummet a bit more in the next few days, towards, like, 30k..
Best thing anyone selling can do now is pull it and hope they let them swap it out to something not BoP to sell later. Letting them plummet would be kind of bad, cause if they enact some sort of exchange program, they'll be scooped up immediately at the lower price.

...I hope that was vaguely on topic.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
01.08.2013 , 06:56 PM | #522
What nonsense, this is the first thing since launch that's just plain pissed me off.

I bought a lot of phantom gear, and was looking forward to getting more for most of my 9 characters.

I log in today to see my toon is wearing a stupid looking life preserver around their neck. And the gear waiting in my cargo hold waiting to be equipped is now a waste.

Bioware folks, what were you thinking? We bought this gear with real $ via the Shop and/or invested our time and sub fees for how it looked at the time of transaction, not what you changed it to today.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Tale's Avatar


Tale
01.08.2013 , 06:57 PM | #523
Words cannot express my disappointment with the changes to phantom armor. You can hide the stupid hood by electing to show helm but nothing will get rid of those fugly shoulderpads.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
01.08.2013 , 07:02 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
Not everyone liked the "old" look. I didn't. They should take that into account also.,
That's great for you and others who prefer the new look. Doesn't have a damn thing to do though with those who bought it for the prior look getting shafted.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Karaiblis's Avatar


Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 07:03 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Tale View Post
Words cannot express my disappointment with the changes to phantom armor. You can hide the stupid hood by electing to show helm but nothing will get rid of those fugly shoulderpads.
The awfulness of the phantom shoulder-pads barely registers next to the third breast they added in the middle of the female spymasters gear, that's larger than the two nature (or programing) has already provided them.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Mindwreck's Avatar


Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 07:07 PM | #526
BW let me give you a few pointers concerning these forums. Don't take silence here as if there is a problem. The only time I personally ever come here is when I'm ticked off, other then that, I'm busy playing the game. So here we are today, I haven't logged a single minute on my toon and usually by now would be on about my 10th warzone match. But I'm stuck with this freaking thread on my mind entirely, because you have made a massive mistake with the appearance of my character. Just because nobody voiced concerns over these changes previously, doesn't mean it was ok to go ahead and implement them. It just meant people were playing the game and were happy with the way they looked. And now many of us feel liked we were robbed of time, money, and credits on whoever's behalf it was to make this decision. Now it's up to you to act.

DarthSpooky's Avatar


DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 07:07 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
The awfulness of the phantom shoulder-pads barely registers next to the third breast they added in the middle of the female spymasters gear, that's larger than the two nature (or programing) has already provided them.
Still trying to figure out what the "master spy" is supposed to store in his or her bulgy breast pouch. I have settled on either binoculars or snacks. ...Honestly thinking it could be a meme. "What does Cipher Nine have between her ***** today?"

winterjane's Avatar


winterjane
01.08.2013 , 07:09 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
BW let me give you a few pointers concerning these forums. Don't take silence here as if there is a problem. The only time I personally ever come here is when I'm ticked off, other then that, I'm busy playing the game. So here we are today, I haven't logged a single minute on my toon and usually by now would be on about my 10th warzone match. But I'm stuck with this freaking thread on my mind entirely, because you have made a massive mistake with the appearance of my character. Just because nobody voiced concerns over these changes previously, doesn't mean it was ok to go ahead and implement them. It just meant people were playing the game and were happy with the way they looked. And now many of us feel liked we were robbed of time, money, and credits on whoever's behalf it was to make this decision. Now it's up to you to act.
This. Oh, so much this.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
01.08.2013 , 07:11 PM | #529
What Bioware should of done was pull the Cartel Pack from the game once they realized the items didn't match the advert. Instead they left it in the game for over a month which has led to this mess.

To expect the player base to search the forums to see if gear is going to change is ludicrous, at the very least Bioware should of made a post on the launcher indicating that the gear was wrong in the Cartel Pack... I'm guessing they didn't want to do that because people might not buy the Cartel Packs. And Everyone knows how Greedy EA is...

And lets be honest, The old Bioware is gone forever, what we have left is EA pretending to be Bioware so they can milk their reputation for everything they can.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Kayeri's Avatar


Kayeri
01.08.2013 , 07:11 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpooky View Post
Still trying to figure out what the "master spy" is supposed to store in his or her bulgy breast pouch. I have settled on either binoculars or snacks. ...Honestly thinking it could be a meme. "What does Cipher Nine have between her ***** today?"
Spooky, thank you for the laugh, I so needed it today!!! =)