Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Derrajx
01.08.2013 , 06:26 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you! I like many others have said, bought it for its look in game, not what was shown on the cartel pack, i built my characters looks around the Phantom chest piece, and now it doesnt fit all

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 06:26 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
Not disagreeing with you on that. And I think that if you exchange it and you have augs on it that they should transfer automatically. The biggest thing for me was like I said in my previous post. When people were asking for the fix, where were the people who didn't want it to change? No where. I like the new look like I said. More so than just a bland chest piece. I like the shoulders that were added (not so sure about the life preserver yet). But that is just my opinion.
1) MOST of that thread was about the Revan Set.
2) The Preceptor set was a close second in that thread.
The majority of ~90 posts in that thread revolve around those two outfits
3) MANY people (as should be obvious from THIS thread) were completely happy with the Phantom and Spymaster sets as they were in game and had NO REASON to complain on the forums, even less to bother with that specific thread
5) Even many forum visitors didn't bother with that thread. Plenty of BETTER whine threads to visit.
6) Even among the VERY FEW who actually did visit that specific thread, there were those who specifically asked NOT to change the Phantom set.

Obviously, that thread was in NO WAY representative of the communities' feelings about the matter. I bet a couple of the posters were probably even mere trolls trying to point out every single oversight from Bioware, we see plenty of those on these boards, some more obvious than others. But most people simply didn't see the issue, and didn't even expect Bioware to see it as an issue.

And thus, especially the changes to the Phantom, Spymaster and Trailblazer outfits were uncalled for, unwanted and unannounced.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 06:28 PM | #483
Indeed, thank you for being here Joveth. I know 'here' can't be a fun place to be right now, and we do know decisions are not in your hands. You're doing the best with what you have and we appreciate you being our link to the dev team.

Big hugs.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

darklordpotter
01.08.2013 , 06:29 PM | #484
It's a bit complicated (and I'll edit my original post to update), but essentially, the Stylish Dancer Outfit is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.
So sometimes you change the product and sometimes you change the art - and you couldn't see why people might be just a tiny bit upset by this entire charlie-foxtrot?

Good way to kill the CM though maybe I should give you a medal.

Kayeri
01.08.2013 , 06:29 PM | #485
Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.
Joveth, I would have though you went home an hour ago! You DO have a life outside Bioware, remember! If something can be done, though, I for one would be so completely grateful and thrilled. Thank you for sharing this with us.

OldRepJedi
01.08.2013 , 06:30 PM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
1) MOST of that thread was about the Revan Set.
2) The Preceptor set was a close second in that thread.
The majority of ~90 posts in that thread revolve around those two outfits
3) MANY people (as should be obvious from THIS thread) were completely happy with the Phantom and Spymaster sets as they were in game and had NO REASON to complain on the forums, even less to bother with that specific thread
5) Even many forum visitors didn't bother with that thread. Plenty of BETTER whine threads to visit.
6) Even among the VERY FEW who actually did visit that specific thread, there were those who specifically asked NOT to change the Phantom set.

Obviously, that thread was in NO WAY representative of the communities' feelings about the matter. I bet a couple of the posters were probably even mere trolls trying to point out every single oversight from Bioware, we see plenty of those on these boards, some more obvious than others. But most people simply didn't see the issue, and didn't even expect Bioware to see it as an issue.

And thus, especially the changes to the Phantom, Spymaster and Trailblazer outfits were uncalled for, unwanted and unannounced.
I never really posted on those threads. But I did read through them and saw the trolls. And you are right, they were mostly about Revan's Robes and the mistakes to them. But apparently the one's who wanted the fix were more numerous than those who didn't. And you are right, there are much better posts to whine on.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

Verita
01.08.2013 , 06:30 PM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
There's no bait and switch, just blatant ignorance on the part of those for choosing to be unaware that this was an issue acknowledged last year that they said they would be fixing.
Can't you understand or don't you care that there might be a different aspect? Until now you have repeated the same facts.

And for what its worth: Of course there should be a solution for the people buying the sets based on the ads. -- And there have been proposed 2-3 nice options to satisfy all.

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 06:31 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by Malderak View Post
Thank you.

Now pass this along too: I spent about 90 Euro on Cartel MArket stuff so far, but until we are given the old looks back in some FREE way, I'm not going to spend one more cent.

Until you (Bioware) fix this garguantuan mistake, you hvae zero credibility in my eyes, as I'm sure in the eyes of tons more people who don't want to spend money on stuff that might be changed later.
+10, in total agreement here, as well are my friends.

Issreolira
01.08.2013 , 06:32 PM | #489
Thank you for listening to us. I, as a consumer really appreciate your continued comments. I truly hope that you all can come to a conclusion that serves ALL the people who bought this item, whether in past or present form!

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 06:33 PM | #490
Some progress is better than no progress I guess.