Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 05:58 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by bjbm View Post
False it is bait and switch. If this was truly in error on their part, they should have made the item unavailable until a fixed was made, not leave it as is for almost a month.
Oh wow, yes, argument won right there, this impending change should not have laid buried in the forum for a month while they all went on vacation and people made a killing off the gear on the GTN.
<South of Heaven>
Ebon Hawk

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 05:58 PM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I mean since when did "You gave us money - oh you suckers, now we will mock you!" ever make sense as a business strategy? BW want to encourage customers to spend money, not punish them for it.
This is the part I'm still waiting to make sense.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 05:59 PM | #453
I bought my packs before the announcement, I rushed home to check it all out soon as I got off work and got them. For the idiot who is all, har har you spent real money. DUH that's what the cartel market is set up for, and why BW should be fixing the scam they have played on people, you couldn't have spent in game credits on the items if people hadn't spent cartel coins on them in the first place, idiot.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 05:59 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
Yes it is after. But they did say that they were going to fix them to look like the advertised pictures of them. Now I agree that the fix took longer than it should have, but if people bought CM packs after they said that they were going to fix them, then that is their own fault. They knew the fix was coming.
And those of us who bought before? Screw us?
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

Mindwreck
01.08.2013 , 06:00 PM | #455
So here we are closing in on 40 pages and 400 posts and yet no real clarification why BW completely scrapped the old armor looks. Mistakes like these are just something my mind cannot fathom coming from such a huge entity. Is it that hard to give us back our old look as well as keep the new look. It has to all be a money scheme, because that's the only real answer. There going to release the old look and make us pay more Cartel coins for it. I was at a point of really liking the way the direction this game was going, now I'm settling back into ragequit mode.

"I used to look like a killer assassin, now I look like one of those grownups, with the helmets strapped on, getting off a little yellow school bus."

Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 06:00 PM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by bjbm View Post
False it is bait and switch. If this was truly in error on their part, they should have made the item unavailable until a fixed was made, not leave it as is for almost a month.
In case of the spymaster's gear, it has been over a month.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 06:02 PM | #457
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
In case of the spymaster's gear, it has been over a month.
If something is broken, and you know it to be so, you do NOT keep selling it.

Unless you add to its description a Very Clear Note (IE at point of sale, not off in a forum thread) that it is scheduled for a later alteration.

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 06:04 PM | #458
Oh, and THANK YOU pityful few who had a LARGELY IGNORED 9-page thread which took several days to assemble (compare THAT to the 35 pages we got in just this one thread in a matter of hours) for messing up some gear that EVEN YOU DIDN'T AGREE ON THAT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED!

I'm tempted to post your names here, but since that'd clearly be against the forum rules, I'll just tell everybody that they can find your names right here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570765

Mind you, there are some people in that specific thread asking specifically NOT to downgrade the appearance of the Phantom outfit. So those people aren't all stupid.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Rosielink
01.08.2013 , 06:05 PM | #459
I'm also very, very disappointed that the Phantom set has changed. I didn't buy the set, it was given to me by my hubby because I really liked it when he showed it to me. He could have sold it and gotten lots of credits, but he gave it to me instead. I'm also very unhappy they added some stupid things to the gloves. Now both the gloves and the chest piece call so much attention to themselves. My IA looked so nice and forgettable (which is a good thing for an IA) in this set and it actually had no hood! I hate the fact that you can't choose to hide the hood. Maybe I'm spoiled by EQ2, where I can equip cosmetic stuff OVER my armor and achieve the exact, specific look I want. I have bags and bags full of stuff to equip in my bank on my main in EQ2, so I can go in and have her look just how I want her to at that specific point in time. Here, I have to settle on one look per toon, and can't even really do that if it's not moddable and adaptive. Forget about half of the moddable robes for Jedi's....the stupid hood totally covers the wearer so you look no different than the next Joe Schmoe.

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 06:08 PM | #460
Quote: Originally Posted by winterjane View Post
If something is broken, and you know it to be so, you do NOT keep selling it.

Unless you add to its description a Very Clear Note (IE at point of sale, not off in a forum thread) that it is scheduled for a later alteration.
They managed to have such a warning up for the -cartel market version- of Legacy Speeder Piloting 1. And it was on the patch notes for like 2 patches even. There's no reason they couldn't add a similar warning for other things in the cartel market...
Sith Sorcerer