Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kayeri's Avatar


Kayeri
01.08.2013 , 11:31 AM | #31
The old look is SO much better, I hate the v-neck pad and the hood. I chose this based on its preview appearance. If people are so dumb they cant use the preview feature to see how a piece actually looks, then they really need to re-think how they choose gear. My assassin looked absolutely awesome before and now it is awful. Please change it back to its original appearance so those of us that actually PREVIEWED it on our character can have the look we paid for.

ErosGyne's Avatar


ErosGyne
01.08.2013 , 11:32 AM | #32
yes, thank you BW for wasting my real money and the credits do change a full dread guard to the new armor

Akomo's Avatar


Akomo
01.08.2013 , 11:33 AM | #33
Negative.I like the look now than before.Felt like it was missing something.Now it just looks cool!
Trust me you won't be unsubbing just because the devs change a piece of gear...LOL!
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 11:36 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Negative.I like the look now than before.Felt like it was missing something.Now it just looks cool!
Trust me you won't be unsubbing just because the devs change a piece of gear...LOL!
Trust me, you won't be unsubbing because the developers change it back in its original state.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

jupezz's Avatar


jupezz
01.08.2013 , 11:37 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I took every precaution to make sure I purchased items that I liked the look of and were indeed the correct items. I should not be penalised and end up with chestpieces and gloves that I dislike.
Wrong. You didn't take the precaution of reflecting the situation. That doesn't mean that you're wrong or at fault but anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.

As said, it sucks that these items were released "wrong"-looking but you simply can't blame BW for addressing the issue as a lot of players have been complaining about the sets not looking like they do in the pictures.
I didn't buy the Phantom set for that very reason.

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
01.08.2013 , 11:38 AM | #36
Correct decision by BW to change it to what was advertised on the picture of the cartel pack. Your fault for buying it knowing that it looked incorrect and that they would fix it eventually.

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.08.2013 , 11:38 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Best solution for Bioware would have been to leave the current items as they were, apologise that the Cartel Market graphics were off, introduce the correct graphic model as a new piece of gear.
So they should have told the people who paid cartel coins, that can be purchased with real money, for the look on the pack ad, too bad, instead of those who paid fake in game money?

Malderak's Avatar


Malderak
01.08.2013 , 11:40 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by jupezz View Post
anyone who bought this stuff should of known that there was a big chance that it would eventually be changed.
This is ridiculous and you know it.

So everytime I buy an item I have to search through all advert pictures and forums to make sure it is as intended and not going to be changed in the future?

Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

Akomo's Avatar


Akomo
01.08.2013 , 11:40 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
And then people would have to pay twice to get the look they wanted. Point is, BioWare can do anything and everything and people will still complain about it. These forums proved this countless times.
Yep.Dont forget you have PERMISSION to play.With hundreds of different combinations, well you get the idea.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
01.08.2013 , 11:41 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Negative.I like the look now than before.Felt like it was missing something.Now it just looks cool!
Trust me you won't be unsubbing just because the devs change a piece of gear...LOL!
I don't know. I put a lot of effort into building a look around the Spymaster's chestpiece, and I was extremely satisfied with the results, because Consulars generally get such bad-looking gear.

The change feels like an insult. Now the chest item clips with my lower robe, so I'm pretty much forced to abandon it. I would not consider this a minor thing. For months I've waited for a hood-toggle to appear, something they promised way back before 1.2. It never came. I've been looking for a nice outfit for so damn long, and I finally found one in the Cartel Market. Now they changed that too, so I'm back to square one.

I am constantly questioning my subscription.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!