Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OrphanOfDarkness
01.08.2013 , 04:23 PM | #331
Good thing I never got around to equipping or modding my Phantom armor sets on my alt yet. If I had fully committed to something I spent that many resources gathering and just had it ruined with the usual level of failure I have to expect from Bioware, I would probably have unsubbed or at least boycotted the Cartel Market.

This should have been addressed as close to the release of the item sets as possible, not this many weeks down the line Bioware. Another poor decision that is going to make alot of people angry about a Real Money item. Very bad for business.

The real shame is how awesome the Phantom set looked before and now it looks like total garbage. Why would you idiots give it a hood if the corresponding set helmet just overrides it? Seriously, hire some new staff......
╔═⊶Unnecessary Girth⊷═╗
≼Orphan Juggernaut≽
╚╦══╪⋑The Bastion⋐╪══╦╝

Jeweledleah
01.08.2013 , 04:24 PM | #332
wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE.... its hooded now? I haven't had a chance to check in game yet, but I specifically bought it for my sentinel, because I wanted jedilike overcoat without the hood. damn it.

first they randomly bind pants to a wrong character, just because I put some mods in it before mailing it (mods were crafted on a spot, so they were not bound, and they worked fine with other pieces of gear). and now I have to figure out a new chest piece for her.. again? sentinel options at low levels that I like (aka, hoodless) are scarce as it is.
grrrr.

dear bioware. if you are going to randomly add hoods to things, could you do that AFTER implementing hood toggle? please?

P.S. I don't want her to use a headband. she's miraluka with the tribal looking eye covering that I chose very deliberately and would like to keep that look.

Alavastre
01.08.2013 , 04:27 PM | #333
Now if only BW would finally make that patch that gets rid of annoying people ************ about every little thing.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Ė Thomas Jefferson

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 04:27 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
It's totally incorrect in comparison to the promo art which as Joveth stated originally how it is supposed to look. It's false advertisement not looking as it does it is in the promo. What it looks like in the GTN is irrelevant because the GTN wasn't where it originated, that was the cartel market so even one person buying a pack and getting misrepresented gear is grounds for potentially disputing the purchase based on that.
You deliberately miss the point. I paid money based on the IN GAME LOOK. Not some stylized look on a promo picture. Promo pictures are frequently wrong. I've rarely ever seen any concept art or promo picture show what the actual item looks like. So I wait until I actually SEE the item, and if I like it, I purchase it on the actual item. This is what I did. I purchased the item based on it's actual in game look. Spending a good chunk of money to do so. Is my money worth less than yours? The option to fix this to make every one happy is simple. That bioware would rather piss off it's customers instead of making everyone happy leads me to question why I continue subbing to this game.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 04:27 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Midget_Yoda View Post
So... the changes ARE NOT unintended
Of course they were not unintended. These fixes have been noted in the patch notes.

Asuka
01.08.2013 , 04:28 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revanís armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancerís outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.
Thank you for the clarification. Maybe now people will understand that that if they got an item with different artwork than what's shown in the promo that it's incorrect and likely to eventually be fixed and that the Dev Tracker is there for a reason and that this was noted last month as an issue and their fault for not following it.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 04:29 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
I'm sure someone at BW got in trouble.
Great, you got someone in trouble, do you feel like a big man?

SNCommand
01.08.2013 , 04:30 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Now if only BW would finally make that patch that gets rid of annoying people ************ about every little thing.
I've got something I called "The Device" ready for that
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 04:32 PM | #339
So much for instilling trust and goodwill BW. Its like you guys learn NOTHING nor do you care apparently.

Andronicos
01.08.2013 , 04:32 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Thank you for the clarification. Maybe now people will understand that that if they got an item with different artwork than what's shown in the promo that it's incorrect and likely to eventually be fixed and that the Dev Tracker is there for a reason and that this was noted last month as an issue and their fault for not following it.
So I should expect the Revan robes to be changed back into what they used to be? because the cartel pack image is clearly showing the old version in it's image...
Darth Securos - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galen Sunlighter - Just a simple man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"