Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jupezz
01.08.2013 , 11:03 AM | #21
What does the freaking icon has to do with it? The gear looks like it was supposed to look since all the sets were released - do you seriously think it's advertised by the look of the icon? It's advertised by how it looks on the picture of the respective packs. Period.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 11:06 AM | #22
It's advertised by the preview that shows people exactly what it will look like on your character, dont be an idiot. You put things on in a dressing room and buy them based on what it looks like on you, that's the way clothes shopping works, ask your mom to take you next time she buys your clothes and you might get a clue.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 11:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
I bought my peices, both outlaw and phantom guard from the gtn based on the look from the charatecr preview. I no longer own what i paid for. If bioiware screwd up they should have introduced the new versions as new sets and left the existing stuff alone.
This. The Phantom chestpiece was a very high seller on the GTN based on the looks it actually had in the preview window, NOT based on the very vague appearance it has on the advertisement.
I expect its value to drop to less than 30k in a matter of hours now, simply because it does NOT look good anymore.

The Revan and the Preceptor outfits both had some updates as well, but much less prominent and much less drastic.
My Smuggler will probably switch the Revan Robes for the Preceptor ones in a few levels, but if the Preceptor Robes hadn't been available, the Revan ones would've been acceptable still.

However, the Phantom Chestpiece? Really, DITCH THAT STOLA! It really changed the looks of the piece entirely and made it completely useless in every way. For those who really wanted that ugly thing around their chest, the "new look" should've been released as something like "Greater Phantom Chestpiece" or whatever. The overhaul is simply too great and uncalled for.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

SithVeritas
01.08.2013 , 11:15 AM | #24
I like how it looks now.

jupezz
01.08.2013 , 11:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
It's advertised by the preview that shows people exactly what it will look like on your character, dont be an idiot. You put things on in a dressing room and buy them based on what it looks like on you, that's the way clothes shopping works, ask your mom to take you next time she buys your clothes and you might get a clue.
Wow, taking reallife fashion into a conversation about armor sets in an online game. I can't really decide, so help me out for a sec - are you completely delusional or is this just you being an average moron?

When Bioware released the sets people were ************ all over the forum that the gear doesn't look like it does in the cartel pack pictures. Now they changed it to how it was supposed to look (which is what most wanted) and people are nitpicking again.
BW screwed up when they released the items with different looks in the first place but they stated that this would eventually be fixed. So no, I'm not an idiot - I can just think for myself and know what to expect and what not to.
Especially the phantom changes suck, yes, BUT they were to be expected. Again -> Period.

Vhaegrant
01.08.2013 , 11:22 AM | #26
For my Jedi consular shadow I went to the GTN and purchased:
Phantom Headpiece ~ 250,000
Phantom Chestpiece ~ 300,000
Phantom Gloves ~ 50,000
Phantom Boots ~ 80,000
Spymaster Leggings ~ 80,000

A bit on the pricey side for a level 14 character but it gave a nice sleek, svelt look. One that I didn't mind parting with a sizable chunk of ingame currency as I'd just have to change the mods. Logged in today and found the chestpiece and gloves had been changed to look ridiculous.

I purchased these items off the GTN. I used the preview item to check the look as I was parting with two days worth of dailies cash (about four hours of gameplay). Even the icon of the gear resembled the look (ie no hood or wierd attachments)

I took every precaution to make sure I purchased items that I liked the look of and were indeed the correct items. I should not be penalised and end up with chestpieces and gloves that I dislike.

Best solution for Bioware would have been to leave the current items as they were, apologise that the Cartel Market graphics were off, introduce the correct graphic model as a new piece of gear.

Vhaegrant
01.08.2013 , 11:23 AM | #27
For my Jedi consular shadow I went to the GTN and purchased:
Phantom Headpiece ~ 250,000
Phantom Chestpiece ~ 300,000
Phantom Gloves ~ 50,000
Phantom Boots ~ 80,000
Spymaster Leggings ~ 80,000

A bit on the pricey side for a level 14 character but it gave a nice sleek, svelt look. One that I didn't mind parting with a sizable chunk of ingame currency as I'd just have to change the mods. Logged in today and found the chestpiece and gloves had been changed to look ridiculous.

I purchased these items off the GTN. I used the preview item to check the look as I was parting with two days worth of dailies cash (about four hours of gameplay). Even the icon of the gear resembled the look (ie no hood or wierd attachments)

I took every precaution to make sure I purchased items that I liked the look of and were indeed the correct items. I should not be penalised and end up with chestpieces and gloves that I dislike.

Best solution for Bioware would have been to leave the current items as they were, apologise that the Cartel Market graphics were off, introduce the correct graphic model as a new piece of gear.

JDCrash
01.08.2013 , 11:26 AM | #28
Despite the reasons for the change, I have to say for myself that I am disappointed in the fix. Spending credits and cartel coins to get the look you want and then having it change is a real letdown. I was finally happy with my sniper/operative gear look and now, I am probably going to spend serious credits removing the modifications from these now that they look worse for me.

That makes me a grumpy person.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 11:26 AM | #29
How is real life fashion different than in game fashion? You buy based on preview, they don't call it a changing room like real life for nothing, oh, and it cost real money too, like real life, just because its a game it's ok to bait and switch people when you charge actual cash? I just want the cash I paid back, I'd never have bought these ugly things with REAL LIFE MONEY, who wouldn't be upset about being cheated out of real life money, dont pull its game money here, cuz its not.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

Elizar_Naki
01.08.2013 , 11:27 AM | #30
Agreed, please put this piece back to how it was originally released. I specifically bought this chestpiece as the basis for a secret agent look for my Operative before this most recent update; now, it just looks terrible, completely inappropriate to the character I bought it for.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."