Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
01.08.2013 , 03:31 PM | #271 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Aehwe
01.08.2013 , 03:31 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I am so upset. Finally, FINALLY, Bioware gave us decent cat suites, one white and one black. I didn't care I had to pay real money for it, a lot of it since they came in packs, to get it, IT WAS WORTH IT!

Then after I pay my real money they add huge hideous shoulder pads, Ugly breast smooshing plating, heinous butt flaps, no more cat suites. I want my money back, I feel like I've been robbed with a bait and switch here. Why would BW do this with things people are spending real money for?

Why cant they fire their armor graphic designers and hire some real talent, this game has the unsexiest armor in any MMO I've ever played, and now they changed the two few exceptions to be just as bad after people paid real money for them.

I am so disappoint, I don't feel like playing or buying anything at all from the cartel this new release, even tho I usually spend 100$ or more per. Why would they cheat us this way?
This is ******** and you know it! I'm assuming this isnt your first time on the forums and website, thus you already knew that the first models were wrong as they didnt look like the models on the cartel pack. Bioware said they would fix this and they did. If you bought the pack and thought you were getting the new look I would have understood your ********, but now that they actually FIXED something you whine like a baby.

I'm guessing you want Revan's Robes to go back to previous state aswell?
Legionnaires
Venitous Juggernaut Vuspo Assassin Aillynn Mercenary Theyla Guardian

lobstah_rofls
01.08.2013 , 03:31 PM | #273
Check out the 'new' Interstellar Privateer's set. It's the smuggler character creation armor of course.

It's also very similar to the Trailblazer gear. The Trailblazer jacket as before was mostly just the same top except with sleeves.

So I think it's pretty obvious that they wanted to make the Trailblazer set a little more different so that people would 'buy both' or whatever.

Kirazy
01.08.2013 , 03:32 PM | #274
I would like to join the throng of unhappy customers who are registering their displeasure with these changes.

I would also like to go one further and say that the shoulder pads on the Phantom suit are an abomination, and the chest feature on Spymaster is unnecessary and ugly.

Please. Revert. I don't care what the Cartel Art said they should look like. The way they looked on release is vastly superior to what they look like now that they have been changed.

Galbatorrix
01.08.2013 , 03:33 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revanís armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancerís outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.
We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

Awesome. The new sets look great! The "painted on" look is what stopped me from purchasing any of these sets. I've now bought a couple of each for my characters and companions.

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 03:35 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
  • The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revanís armor in the game.
  • Currently, the Stylish Dancerís outfit is advertised as being white, but it should be red, as it appears when you preview the item. This will be adjusted for a future patch.
Once again I thank you, for clearing things out and not rushing to a decision to revert stuff back asap. I was beginning to fear that my fixed Revan's Robe will soon be unfixed again.

Groncho
01.08.2013 , 03:35 PM | #278
ROLL BACK THE CHANGES THEY ARE AWFULL
COMPLETLY AWFULL

phantom
trailblazer
spymaster

WHAT HAVE U DONE
ChŽ
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Rhyxali
01.08.2013 , 03:36 PM | #279
I am still suggesting that they give us players both options, maybe....just maybe...they will toss it out there.
one can dream can't they?!?!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583089

foxxecho
01.08.2013 , 03:36 PM | #280
Regardless of the post back in December they let this sit for much to long. They should of hotfixed the phantom promo it's self, the piece of gear, or just pulled the set all together. That's to say nothing about HOW an obvious error like this made it live in the 1st place. I mean it's not like some random bug or w/e all u need is eyes to find it.

I think the problem a lot of players have with the Phantom fix at least is that prior to today you could only get it by chance in a cartel pack so if anyone was unhappy with it not matching the promo they could at least not equip it and sell it to someone else.

The way this played out the fix probably directly effected more people then the initial error did. At least there was a work around for people who got it randomly: dont equip it & sell it if you dont like it. Also It's not just a chestpiece alone, it throws the gloves, pants, head, and boots that people picked to go with it out of whack too.

Moreover I think the devs need to really do more about character customization in general.

METRICS don't show how much time a lot of players put into finding the right combo of items they like and the research they do about what's available to them. I truly think this is one of those things where they need to look deeper than what tracking data shows them. The adaptable stuff is a great step in that direction but freedom of cosmetic character customization is not a new concept in AAA MMOs.

Personally I'm used to not being crazy about how my character's look so it's kind of like w/e. But that in it's self is kind of sad. It's a lot easier for players to form attachments or "love" our characters if we are happy with the way they look.

"Love comes in through the eyes" to qoute a popular series.