Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 03:09 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
NOT ALL people spent money based on the previews. Others spent them based on promos. And so they did not get what they paid for before this patch.
That's true, the very fist few people buying this gear had only the promos, based on characters that may have been a different race or gender, giving them only a general idea what to expect, to base their decision on to purchase. The rest of us used the changing room for what's intended for, to look at gear on our character and decide if it looks good for them or not. Both armor options have been in the live game, the only reasonable response at this point is to offer a choice, or a refund if they will not.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari

Tatile
01.08.2013 , 03:10 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Updated on the front page, thank you.
Would you be adverse to those of us who like the "incorrect" look getting the choice to have the "incorrect" look, without having to buy a new piece of armour (as detailed in the thread linked above)?

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 03:11 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

That quote was the opinion of one person, although it may have been shared by many. What we have is a situation where people forget to realize that promos do not always match the finished product when it is released. We also have a lot people who bought the armor based on the ACTUAL FINISHED product looks. Those that bought the armor based on the actual finished look have at least as much right to keep the look they bought as those that wanted the look changed to match the "promo" look have to keep the new look.
Yes I understand, but understand that others bought it based on promos. So there is only 1 solution now. Give everyone BOTH versions. The wrong and the fixed one. Otherwise one of the 2 warring forum factions will tear BioWare apart...

And this is one of the largest forum wars I've ever seen xD.

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 03:11 PM | #264
NOT ALL people spent money based on the previews. Others spent them based on promos. And so they did not get what they paid for before this patch.
I don't buy things w/o looking at how they actually look. Concept art, promo art etc is notorious for being wrong. If you bought something based ONLY on it's promo art, then frankly, I feel for you because nothing, comes out of original concept or promo looking like it started.

I went to the various armor sets and previewed them to see what they would look like on my characters. On some one combo looked good, but on others that same combo didn't. I mixed and matched until I got a look I liked for each character and now... I no longer have that look I worked hard to get. I spent REAL money to get the look I had. NOT the *** fugly look I currently have.

BW can fix this easily though and make everyone happy. They can allow us a one time option to switch the look of apiece of armor from "option 1" or 'option 2' and once that switch has been made. It's permanent and can't be reversed. Then those who like wingy bits and enjoy looking (to me) weird can have their wingy bits and look (to me) weird, and those of us who detest that fugly look to the armor choice, can actually look decent and not like some reject from an art school.

Andronicos
01.08.2013 , 03:14 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
You can easily hide the hood. Plenty of headbands out there, go get the one from the Nar Shadaa vendor.
That was actually confirmed as a bug a long time ago, it should not hide the hood (and it didn't used to back at release), every time they release a patch I fear my guardian will be crushed under the hood oppression once again (well now I have the valiant set to fall back on but still)

If the people that asked for the phantom and preceptor sets to be changed have their way the headband will be changed soon as well
Darth Vaelren - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galryn Zaris - Just a man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 03:16 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
That's true, the very fist few people buying this gear had only the promos, based on characters that may have been a different race or gender, giving them only a general idea what to expect, to base their decision on to purchase. The rest of us used the changing room for what's intended for, to look at gear on our character and decide if it looks good for them or not. Both armor options have been in the live game, the only reasonable response at this point is to offer a choice, or a refund if they will not.
Yup, I can agree with that. The best solution now is to everyone BOTH versions. The wrong and the fixed one. Otherwise one of the 2 warring forum factions will tear BioWare apart...

Aelther
01.08.2013 , 03:18 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Saitada View Post
I don't buy things w/o looking at how they actually look. Concept art, promo art etc is notorious for being wrong. If you bought something based ONLY on it's promo art, then frankly, I feel for you because nothing, comes out of original concept or promo looking like it started.
Well when a new gambling pack appear you have no choice but to trust the ads. When enough people get lucky and receive those items, then you can start previewing them for real.
But yeah at this point, the best solution is to somehow give everyone both versions, or at least a 1 time choice of both versions.

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 03:26 PM | #268
Well when a new gambling pack appear you have no choice but to trust the ads. When enough people get lucky and receive those items, then you can start previewing them for real.
But yeah at this point, the best solution is to somehow give everyone both versions, or at least a 1 time choice of both versions.
I strongly support the option of giving us a choice at this point. It would be the best way to make everyone happy on this subject. Make it a limited time thing. You have x number of days to make the choice. If you don't make a change, your character stays with X design, if you do make a change, it becomes permanent and you can't reverse it.

Then they can introduce the 'old' look and the 'corrected' look into the cartel packs and armor choices and make credits while doing so. A slight name revision would be all it took really (other than the possible time to code such a change option in, etc).

winterjane
01.08.2013 , 03:27 PM | #269
Not just those types either. This Founding Subscriber will be unsubscribing pretty darn soon if this is not fixed in a way that gives me back the looks I spent real world cash as well as ingame credits building up for my characters. I don't think I've ever paid money for such a terrible level of programming, there has been a year for this to improve and in fact it seems to be getting worse, with almost every patch breaking something or other. The answer 'oh, duh, silly ol' us, we broke it. We'll fix it some time or other' has worn paper thin.
"If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun. - C.S. Lewis

TheSkate
01.08.2013 , 03:27 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.
So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.
Link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#edit5569050
That post was made on December 12 / 2012 -- almost a month ago. The dev tracker is easily accessible so there really isn't an excuse for ignorance.
Players were warned. They didn't heed it.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSkate View Post
No,"WE" weren't told about this, otherwise thousands of phantom chests would not have sold for several hundred thousand credits on the GTN. No one knew of any changes coming to this piece except those reading every entry in a specific forum out of the thousands and thousands of forums.
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Right here to be exact is where they acknowledge it incorrect.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50#edit5569050
And how does your pointing out the same thread I was replying about being one of many thousands of threads make the situation any different?
We as a community were not informed of the changes. Only the people that were specifically following that thread were informed of pending changes.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil