Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gibmachine
01.08.2013 , 02:15 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Obviously, the advertisements were wrong, and not based on the final designs of the items. The advertisements should be fixed and the items reverted to the state they were released in.
I'd say the other way round. Judging by helmet and pants, it's supposed to be a robe like OP said. Advertisement on the pack is correct in this case imo.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 02:15 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Once more FACTS show that only a very small minority of people visit the forum for their respective games, as small as 10%! FACTS prove that you have no valid argument and really need to just stop digging your hole. So Bioware placing it only in the forums (no matter how easily accessible that is, it's a FACT that people do not visit them) KNEW that they would only reach about 10% of the gaming population of their game. That is not a PROPER announcement, no matter how you like to spin it.

And if it was a proper announcement, there wouldn't be THIS MANY people with a problem with it who had no idea a change was coming.

You can say I don't have a valid argument all you want, but FACTS prove that I'm correct and they handled this INCREDIBLY poorly.
Not only did they reach at most 10% of their audience. They probably reached less than 1% of their audience, since even of those who do visit the forums, the majority didn't even bother with that one thread. Only the very minor minority who wanted to wear a black boa with red reflector lights did. Actually, most people visiting the threads about how some cartel items looked wrong only cared about the "wrong" looks of the Revan set, while they were perfectly content with the looks of the Phantom set as it was in game. So that 1% just got a bit smaller again.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Mavery
01.08.2013 , 02:15 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Once more FACTS show that only a very small minority of people visit the forum for their respective games, as small as 10%! FACTS prove that you have no valid argument and really need to just stop digging your hole. So Bioware placing it only in the forums (no matter how easily accessible that is, it's a FACT that people do not visit them) KNEW that they would only reach about 10% of the gaming population of their game. That is not a PROPER announcement, no matter how you like to spin it.

And if it was a proper announcement, there wouldn't be THIS MANY people with a problem with it who had no idea a change was coming.

You can say I don't have a valid argument all you want, but FACTS prove that I'm correct and they handled this INCREDIBLY poorly.
This is the same argument as:

"Sorry officer, I didn't know about the driving change the city passed. I was too busy driving to read the new legislation."

It doesn't matter what percentage of people visit the forums. If they put it on the launcher do you think people would read it? Probably not; people as a rule don't read notices. Should they annoy people in-game with a plethora of pop-ups every time the developers comment on something? Outside of the obvious displeasure that would cause, people still wouldn't read it.

This is how the real world works. Announcements are made on websites, notice boards, or whatever else. They're not shoved in your face. It is your responsibility to go out there and read the information. My work sends out important notices to e-mail. If I decide not to read it, that's on me and I face the consequences for it. Similiarily, BioWare posted a notice in an easily accessible space on their website. If you don't read it, it's on you.

edit: As another poster pointed out, they also published this on Known Issues on their customer service board. So it was in two places. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 02:18 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post

"Sorry officer, I didn't know about the driving change the city passed. I was too busy driving to read the new legislation."

It doesn't matter what percentage of people visit the forums. If they put it on the launcher do you think people would read it? Probably not; people as a rule don't read notices. Should they annoy people in-game with a plethora of pop-ups every time the developers comment on something? Outside of the obvious displeasure that would cause, people still wouldn't read it.

This is how the real world works. Announcements are made on websites, notice boards, or whatever else. They're not shoved in your face. It is your responsibility to go out there and read the information. My work sends out important notices to e-mail. If I decide not to read it, that's on me and I face the consequences for it. Similiarily, BioWare posted a notice in an easily accessible space on their website. If you don't read it, it's on you.
"I know you just bought your car sir, but the manufacture insists we recall it and put fins on the back. No you don't have a choice as we are towing your car to the dealership now. What? You didn't get the newsletter we sent to everyone? Well thats just too bad. Enjoy the big fins on your new car you just bought."

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #225

I dont spend my time on troll infested forums, I spend it PLAYING THE GAME I PAY FOR. I bought the items in game, there should have been an announcement in game, or I should get my gear, or my money back. Simple. I do read in game announcements, such as the speeder piloting one that they did make.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Magnusheart
01.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryofo View Post
Whatever it was meant to be is besides the point, ppl bought the item and built outfits based on how it looks in game, not how it looks on a small picture most ppl didn't even pay attention to. These outfits are now ruined, I myself am out several million credits through this change which, from the numerous posts that have been made, a large amount of ppl are unhappy with. I now have to try and find a new look that I like and spend another few million credits on that.

How about you think of another persons point of veiw for a change.

How about you look at this From me, and all the happy players contempt with the final fix who are unaware of whats fighting on the forums.

This is what its all meant to look like, the picture is and was the very first ADVERTISMENT of the set, not the in-game look, but the very first one advertised. That is what it is supposed to be. Look at the CS forums spanning since the BB pack came out, Hundreds. complained on incorrect values on the items. Its finally fixed and while we try to rejoice people are crying their agent isn't in full black anymore or their smuggler doesn't look like Catwoman from the new batman anymore.

Mavery
01.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by bjbm View Post
"I know you just bought your car sir, but the manufacture insists we recall it and put fins on the back. No you don't have a choice as we are towing your car to the dealership now. What? You didn't get the newsletter we sent to everyone? Well thats just too bad. Enjoy the big fins on your new car you just bought."
The only way this analogy works is if the car was originally advertised to have fins.

But I think you left that out.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

Mavery
01.08.2013 , 02:20 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I dont spend my time on troll infested forums, I spend it PLAYING THE GAME I PAY FOR. I bought the items in game, there should have been an announcement in game, or I should get my gear, or my money back. Simple. I do read in game announcements, such as the speeder piloting one that they did make.
Then just read the dev tracker and you avoid the trolls 100%.

I don't see the issue.

Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 02:21 PM | #229
It doesn't matter what percentage of people visit the forums. If they put it on the launcher do you think people would read it? Probably not
Well I know -I- read the patch notes. And a lot of people do to pass the time while the game is patching, since it's conveniently there anyway. It's how I know that the cartel market version of Speeder Piloting 1 was incorrectly labeled as being account-wide, because the warning was there, on the patcher. Yes, you'll never get EVERYONE to read and heed the warnings, but at least when you give people a fair chance to do so, they can't complain. The launcher is there for everyone since you need it to, you know, launch the game. The forums are not needed, so people don't bring those up before starting to play.
Sith Sorcerer

DarthSpooky
01.08.2013 , 02:21 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothing_Shines View Post
Agreed. Two of my characters' outfits were based around the Phantom and Spymaster chestpieces and now they both look ridiculous. I spent cash money on these things. I used the preview item pane to test the looks and after finally tracking down two of the few cool looking suits in the game, suits without hideous shoulderpads, hoods or glowing baubles, Bioware "fixes" them by making them ugly. Either give me back my money or revert the suits to the original design and issue a new shoulder-pad fugly version, if you absolutely have to have more crap armor in your game. I've spent a ****-load of money on the cartel coins up until this point and I was all ready to go buy more of the new packs today, but guess, what? Not any more. With no guarantee Bioware won't just up and redesign the look of something I bought BECAUSE IT LOOKED THAT WAY, why would I waste money (or credits for that matter) on their in-game items?
This. Verbatim, all points. Blew all of my cartel coins trying to get both of these on random drop, then a ton of credits finally buying them on market. Not to mention what it's going to cost to pull my mods if this is a permanent change. I feel inclined not to play at all until this is addressed.