Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Velenias
01.08.2013 , 02:05 PM | #211
I agree, they completely ruined it this patch. The sole reason I was using the chest piece before on my sentinel was because it had no hood. But now that they added a hood to the chest piece its practically useless to me. 90% of the pre-50 gear ive seen that knights can use has a hood. Playing characters whos heads are shrouded by hoods are a huge turn off for me, and its such a pain to fine a medium armor chest piece that doesnt have a hood and still lets me look like a jedi. Their armor designers need to get the idea out of their head that any outfit can be made to look better by giving it a hood. Minus the revan outfit, im pretty sure that most armors with hoods would look better without the hood.

Ryscandor
01.08.2013 , 02:07 PM | #212
The problem is that some people bought it based on the Cartel screenshot, others bought it based on the preview screen. Regardless of how you look at the issue, there's some set of customers who were screwed over in the process.

Just bring back the old version of the Cartel pieces alongside the new ones. It's a digital item - it's not as if Bioware needs to go to a garment factory and put in an order for another 70,000 pieces.

Just give an old version to everyone who bought the Cartel item (or currently has it in their possession - whichever) through the mail.

At the worst, it's Bioware's responsibility and at the best it's a reasonable way for Bioware to apologize to some ticked off customers.

Magnusheart
01.08.2013 , 02:07 PM | #213
You can easily hide the hood. Plenty of headbands out there, go get the one from the Nar Shadaa vendor.

BobaScott
01.08.2013 , 02:07 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

This change was unintentional and will be corrected in a future patch. Apologies for the inconvenience.
please please please. I spent rl money on the outfit, plus loads of credits keeping it updated with updated BH/Rakkata mods.

Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 02:08 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Look at my post history. You don't see 10 million posts. I don't post on the forums as often as you insinuate.

On the main community page there is a link to the dev tracker. This will only show you posts from community reps and developers on forums that are not customer service. I check this every few days. It takes less than a minute to get caught up on every post a developer makes. I do this to see about upcoming content, bugs, glitches, or whatever else.

If there wasn't a dev tracker, you have a valid argument. But when it takes less than 60 seconds, but more like 30 seconds, to see what's going on, then no, the onus is on the players, not the developers.
Once more FACTS show that only a very small minority of people visit the forum for their respective games, as small as 10%! FACTS prove that you have no valid argument and really need to just stop digging your hole. So Bioware placing it only in the forums (no matter how easily accessible that is, it's a FACT that people do not visit them) KNEW that they would only reach about 10% of the gaming population of their game. That is not a PROPER announcement, no matter how you like to spin it.

And if it was a proper announcement, there wouldn't be THIS MANY people with a problem with it who had no idea a change was coming.

You can say I don't have a valid argument all you want, but FACTS prove that I'm correct and they handled this INCREDIBLY poorly.

Velenias
01.08.2013 , 02:08 PM | #216
I have the same problem with the perceptors chest piece, they just ruined that one by adding a hood. It was perfect the way it was before, there was no reason at all for the change.

Ryofo
01.08.2013 , 02:10 PM | #217
Whatever it was meant to be is besides the point, ppl bought the item and built outfits based on how it looks in game, not how it looks on a small picture most ppl didn't even pay attention to. These outfits are now ruined, I myself am out several million credits through this change which, from the numerous posts that have been made, a large amount of ppl are unhappy with. I now have to try and find a new look that I like and spend another few million credits on that.

How about you think of another persons point of veiw for a change.

bjbm
01.08.2013 , 02:12 PM | #218
Completely disagree. I bought the piece AFTER basing it on HOW IT LOOKS on my toon. Bought it with money. BW changes it. If this is a permanent change, then I want a refund. They can have their crappy-ring-shoulder chest back.

Magnusheart
01.08.2013 , 02:13 PM | #219
A Bioware employee said it was a bug and it was going to be fixed weeks ago, it was labled in the known bugs.

It was said to be fixed by a person with a yellow name, meaning they work here. It was known, it was said, your ignorance can't protect any of you.

Sets are all fine as is, besides the color bug on Revans Lower Robe.

PifferPuff
01.08.2013 , 02:14 PM | #220
So... Let me see if I got this straight.

Because some people had previously pointed out a slight discrepancy with how they thought these sets would look like based on concept art, BW has changed them to look like frilly-nilly foo foo haha suits? Does that about sum it up?

So, these 2 armor sets that I had dropped ~1.5M creds to get and augmenting, and hours matching parts of other sets, then augmenting them and gearing it all up for my dual-spec Shadow main (white set for tank; black for dps), that I had absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVED ('cos they looked absolutely amazing)... are now turned upside down into some jellyfish looking things? Are you serous??!! ...Or just insane?!

And we were supposedly 'notified' or 'made aware' in some obscure post buried deep in a dev-tracker thread (that no one 'cept elitists and the dev team peruse through on a daily basis and then bury even further by doing so)? Really?? Yeah.. Let me tell you why that's B/S... Oh wait... I think everyone else has just pointed that out to you BW.

So yeah... I'm going to log in to my toon later, and hope that all the stuff herein this thread is just a huge work of fiction, and that my toon will look just as it did last night.

If not.... Bioware ... dears... Please undo the thing you did to mess up these once beatiful gear sets... - kthxbai