Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 01:20 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
And you did not think for at least a second that it's a bit odd that it looks different on Corso, than on the Ad?
Did the ad have a big sign over the puffy outfit that said "Phantom Chestpiece!" that I missed? Because last I looked those splash adverts just showed some pictures.

I had absolutely no reason to believe that the chest I received was one of the ones in the picture. Not all of the items in the pack make it into the advert picture. I assumed that was one of them and that ugly puffy robe was something else.

Saitada
01.08.2013 , 01:20 PM | #172
To be honest. I bought the spymaster top for it's look. The current change makes my character look terrible and clashes horridly with the skirt. Before this change, the skirt and top matched up nicely and looked good together.

I hate how my character looks now. She looks bloated and ugly with the 'fixed' spymaster top. I'd prefer an option to change the top back to what it was if possible.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:20 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
Actually, patch notes only mention two items being changed - Phantom and Preceptor - but a ton of items were changed, including non-cartel items.
Spymaster, for example, was clearly suffering from the same problem: none of the detail meshes were showing up. Now it looks great, and finally gives me a good outfit for Talos Drelic. Once it is confirmed that the sets are now WAI, of course.

BlackMercenary
01.08.2013 , 01:21 PM | #174
GOD DAMMIT !! THEY GAVE MY CHAR (that was using a pretty white cat-suit) A *********** MINI-SKIRT !!!

>.< " that's totally wrong man, I'm so pissed over that, and I paid a lot of credits for that visual !!

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:21 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
And you did not think for at least a second that it's a bit odd that it looks different on Corso, than on the Ad?
I dont care how it looks like on a male, on a female there was FINALLY a white catsuit option, so I started buying packs until I got it (hint, it was a lot more than a Wendy's chicken sammich). Now its gone, just give me my money back and it's fine, change it or refund it, either way.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Sentanta
01.08.2013 , 01:25 PM | #176
I am really annoyed with this change - I chose this set for the way it looked on my character - I hate the new changes - its as generic as the rest of the crappy choice of light armors that exist in game - plus you didn't even do a good job of it - my backside now clips the back of the robe!

Please change it back to the way it was!!!!!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

manchusabre
01.08.2013 , 01:25 PM | #177
Since you could preview the item, you could see what it looked like on your character prior to purchasing. People were obviously buying the original prepatch look. Even if it isn't as intended, it is what the people were buying and wanted. It is a nice look with the original mistake. Yeah, I noticed the differences from the picture in the cartel market. The preceptor robe got fixed too. I am glad I never got it because now it is another robe with silly shoulder pads and a hood up again. Why does Bioware keep coming up with more stuff that people don't want. It's now been a year and still no hood down option. There are species and helms that make the hood go away, so it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make happen.

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:26 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
I dont care how it looks like on a male, on a female there was FINALLY a white catsuit option, so I started buying packs until I got it (hint, it was a lot more than a Wendy's chicken sammich). Now its gone, just give me my money back and it's fine, change it or refund it, either way.
Yeah, lots of risk inherent in the plan of buying a lot of packs in search of one item.

Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:29 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Yeah, lots of risk inherent in the plan of buying a lot of packs in search of one item.
That's the way the system is set up to work, if they want people to buy into it, which they do, then they need to honor it.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:31 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
That's the way the system is set up to work, if they want people to buy into it, which they do, then they need to honor it.
I'll agree to the extent that they should not release things that are broken, but there is no excuse for not fixing things that do get released broken.