Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karaiblis's Avatar


Karaiblis
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
Cowboy up, bro. The originals were broken and now they are fixed.
When they give me the real life money they cheated me out of back, I will cowboy up. I dont care about credits, but real chash, refund an im good. I have spent a lot on packs.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai · Ebon Hawk · Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #152
I get the feeling I'm one of the few who likes the updated look. I went ahead and finally bought the preceptor and phantom sets.

We are also seeing a gross overreaction.

We were told weeks ago that the actual items did not match the advertised pictures on the Cartel Market. So we all knew that this was going to happen.

So we really shouldn't be all that upset. You bought it after you were warned it was going to be changed.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

islander's Avatar


islander
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryvenn View Post
This is a simple request. Please change the phantom chest guard back to what it was PRIOR to Jan 8, 2013. The revision looks terrible. This was a huge mistake. if it was "wrong" before, then return it to being "wrong". It looked fantastic before. It was lithe and stealthy, minimalistic and sleek. Now it looked ridiculous.

You Chose Poorly with the decision to change it (fix it, whatever).

return it to what it once was. undo the change. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMER BASE AND DO THE RIGHT THING. Guaranteed there is NOT ONE PERSON who likes the change. Remove the shoulders/hood thing and put it back to how it was. Please!
Agreed. Bait and Switch imo. If it was wrong before, they should've never sold it because I had no idea it was 'wrong'. I liked it just how it was. This new version? Garbage. I'd have never bought it.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
It's obvious that the original "flat" looking appearances of these armor sets was a bug.
Yet the icons reflect the "flatness"; no stupid syringes on phantom gloves, no rug-hood on the chest piece. With the update, the model no longer reflects the icons. It's quite possible the pictures used on the cartel pack ads were incorrectly chosen as result of miscommunication and the "flat" sets were indeed the ones we should be getting.
Sith Sorcerer

Prettyevilish's Avatar


Prettyevilish
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Yeah and many people bought packs hoping for what was advertised only to get flat, painted on armor. Bioware finally fixed the issue and gave the outfits some character and people complain....
I don't find it to have 'character'. I find it to be the same boring sith inquisitor outfit I got thrust upon me at almost every mission completion. If I wanted one of those, I'd have had one of those a million times over.

I liked it the way it was. And I PAID REAL MONEY for it to be the way it was.

And in no way did I ever say it needed to be changed back and screw those who paid money trying to get the way it looks now. In any post where I've mentioned it, I have clearly suggested that an exchange needed to be available to allow BOTH camps to have what they wanted. Exchange phantom chest for great phantom chest, exchange revan robe for greater revan robe, etc.

AsheraII's Avatar


AsheraII
01.08.2013 , 01:05 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
A thousand *********** times over. 3 weeks I have waited for the phantom set to be fixed to be INQUSITOR ROBES as they were meant for.
Ooooooh, so that must be why they are ADAPTIVE.
. . . . . . ¶▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##¯¯(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==¯¯¯¯¯|####/¯¯

Ryvenn's Avatar


Ryvenn
01.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #157
http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

it's being reverted. all you who are being insulting about my request... read and weep.
"There is no greater misery than to remember with bitter regret, a time when you were most happy." - Anakin Skywalker

Aelther's Avatar


Aelther
01.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
That is shown on a man, I play a female, why should I assume it will look like a man in an advert on my female character? I check the gear prieview and see it looks good on a female, BUY! and later they change it, not right.
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
I got it out of a pack that I paid real money for. I did not buy it off the GTN. So eat your hat, sir, for making flagrantly false statements.
If you actually bought it in a pack, then you did not know how it looked on females, because it is a random drop. You bough it because you liked how it looked on the ad showing a male character with it. Therefore you knew how it was supposed to look and that the way it looked was wrong. It has now been fixed and you got what you paid for.

it's like buying a toaster and accidentally getting a blender in a toaster box. Then when store asks you to exchange your blender for a toaster THAT YOU PAID FOR, you say oh, sorry I want that blender now...

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
01.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
When they give me the real life money they cheated me out of back, I will cowboy up. I dont care about credits, but real chash, refund an im good. I have spent a lot on packs.
Reminds me of when I went to Wendy's the other day, and the chicken sandwich wasn't as good as it usually is. That is $8 I will never see again.

AMulls's Avatar


AMulls
01.08.2013 , 01:07 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
The trouble is, people interested in Cartel Packs and the possible images are more likely to be aware of any problems associated with such items. Having purchased a Cartel Pack to find the item is not the one they wanted they still have the option to leave it unbound and sell it on the GTN.

I don't go near the cartel packs, I don't like the odds on that kind of item acquisition. I had no idea the Phantom chest and gloves were supposed to look like the artwork on the cartel pack. I did however see that the models in preview mode looked nice and sleek, and importantly the object icon reflects this too. The Phantom Chestguard and Revan Chest plate are essentially the same hooded model now but the object icons are completely different.

I think the biggest problem I have is that a Cartel pack buyer, who gaining an item they didn't want (and this would probably account for most of the items gained) still had the choice to sell it on.

The GTN purchasers bought it at the time based on how it looked in the preview screens and have had no choice.
This. Exactly this.

Right or wrong, the items were rendered in the last patch the way they were. The people who bought them through the GTN (using the preview window) and equipped the items should not now be screwed because they didn't plan on the renderings being changed to "match the advertised piece."

Under the "it matches the advertisement" argument the change to spymaster is pointless, since it's not in the picture: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/image.png. So, how was that one not "as adverstised?"

Also, under this logic, be sure you don't equip the new Fancy Reveler Outfit http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...tel-pack-2.jpg, because it will certainly be changed soon since it doesn't match the "advertised set." http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...artel-pack.jpg
(To clarify, please note the "advertised set" does not have any red in it. So, I'm sure the Fancy Reveler Suit will be changed soon. )