Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beanseh
01.17.2013 , 02:23 AM | #1111
that solution sounds about as acoomidating as it is possible to be well done bioware

TrigPt
01.17.2013 , 03:57 AM | #1112
So if i'm reading the solution correctly I should be filling a cargo hold by buying every cheap piece of the affected armours from the GTN between now and solution day and making sure I have another empty hold available for all the free stuff on solution day.

Interesting.

I suspect my plan is flawed but still.

Wolvereen
01.17.2013 , 05:47 AM | #1113
Yea, i want compensation for ripping out the mods and buying a new augment-slot too!

Just giving an new piece for "free" ist just hlaf-baked

Umwak
01.17.2013 , 06:48 AM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvereen View Post
Yea, i want compensation for ripping out the mods and buying a new augment-slot too!

Just giving an new piece for "free" ist just hlaf-baked
I, for one, am incredibly happy with the solution. Would it have been any better for them to say, "We've put both versions of the gear on the Cartel Market"? Or, "We've added a vendor who sells the old version of the gear to the fleet"? No, then you'd be spending credits, too. This "both versions for all" solution is better than anything we could have hoped for. I'm excited to get my old look back. I'm also shocked at some of the whining people are STILL doing...

AsheraII
01.17.2013 , 07:47 AM | #1115
Quote: Originally Posted by Umwak View Post
I, for one, am incredibly happy with the solution. Would it have been any better for them to say, "We've put both versions of the gear on the Cartel Market"? Or, "We've added a vendor who sells the old version of the gear to the fleet"? No, then you'd be spending credits, too. This "both versions for all" solution is better than anything we could have hoped for. I'm excited to get my old look back. I'm also shocked at some of the whining people are STILL doing...
Precisely, Bioware was not under any legal obligation to bring any solution. Technically, they have the rights to turn every piece of armor pink with brown padding if they wanted to. Their right to change content is listed under all those rules we merrily agree to once in a while.
However, I do imagine a lot of subbers considered going F2P over this matter, so they supply a solution. No the solution doesn't include augmentslots or mods, but really, if re-modding and adding new augmentslots costs you over 100k, then that means your character is alreasy lvl 50 anyway. And that means you can make those credits in barely an afternoon of dailies. Barely an inconvenience for giving a solution they were NOT required to provide.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

fellblade
01.17.2013 , 09:13 AM | #1116
While this might not exactly be included in the Topic Title - would it be possible to have a 'Classic' version of the Revan lower robes when the changes are made in patch 1.7?

I spent quite a bit of money both in-game and in the Cartel Shop to get the look I wanted with my Sith Warrior so the lower robe changes came as a bit of a surprise (and also forced me to buy a new belt as my previous one didn't quite fit with this new look)
However the main Issue I have with the new look is the actual colour - they are a brown colour and do not match the upper body (and when you try the colour unification it still doesn't quite match as there is a lot of red in this case that doesn't appear on the upper body) - If I had the choice of having the original look back - I would be most happy with that.
But in a worst case scenario - if the colours of the new robes could be made to match the upper body properly - I guess I could live with that.

Many Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Pscyon
01.17.2013 , 09:15 AM | #1117
I'm happy with the solution and generally agree with you but
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Man up, say "Thank you Bioware" and move on.
isn't the right stance imo. I can understand -that- people still aren't happy with the solution provided; I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. If they're not happy they can't be thankful. It does not entitle them to start insulting left and right as we see a lot, but acting rationally is not to be expected when tempers are high.
Sith Sorcerer

hillerbees
01.17.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1118
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I'm happy with the solution and generally agree with you but

isn't the right stance imo. I can understand -that- people still aren't happy with the solution provided; I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. If they're not happy they can't be thankful. It does not entitle them to start insulting left and right as we see a lot, but acting rationally is not to be expected when tempers are high.
Fair point

jibboo
01.17.2013 , 09:29 AM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
I wasn't really complaining as such - I am happy with the proposed solution - I was just asking whether this solution could be applied to the gear that I own (Revan lower robes) that was changed at the same time as the others - that is it....
Yeah, after I posted this i looked back at the other posts and realized that there's really only one negative comment after the positive ones, and it wasn't yours. I went a little nuts with the "negatives"
Zimbra - Assassin

BobaScott
01.17.2013 , 09:37 AM | #1120
I said before I was happy with the new fix. I'm not looking forward to ripping BH level gear out of each piece (13k a mod I think?). I was almost wealthy enough to upgrade my barrel to a 27 off the GTN. For whatever reason I have never gotten a weapon drop on an op. With dailies it won't take too long to make up for it, but I understand people not being fully happy with this plan.

However the hostility is a little over the top. If you don't agree, by all means say so. That affects change.

Berating the devs and other people? That is a sure way to kill any chance at up front communication like we had here. We should be encouraging the devs and powers that be this is the way they should interact with us.