Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nothing_Shines
01.16.2013 , 09:12 PM | #1101
Well, I'm quite appreciative of the fact the devs saw what a mistake the forced changes after the fact were and are doing something reasonable to rectify things. I had zero confidence in buying anything further from the CM until reading the update regarding 1.7, so smiles all around.
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy || Chiss Merc-55 | Chiss Sent-55 | Hum Com-55 | Sith Jugg-55 | Cyb Op-55 | Ratt Sorc-55 | Chiss GS-55 | Hum Shad-55 | Twil Mara-47 | Red Zab Guard-33 | Twil PT-30 | Ratt Snipe-27 I Hum Scoun-23 | Miri Van-21 | Cyb Sin-21 | Ratt Scoun-20 | Sith Sage-19 | Cath Jugg-16 | Cath Agent-13 | Sith Sent-13 | Mira Merc-11

Tetsuos-despair
01.16.2013 , 09:13 PM | #1102
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I'll give some polite discussion on the topic one more try here. Cause, heck, why not.

Now, clearly you think that the solution they've offerred isn't sufficient, but you won't say what actually would be a good soution. So I'm guessing they should just keep trying stuff until you find one you like?

I don't think the solution they offerred is perfect. It would be really nice if they were to reimburse those costs. However, given the openness of communication on the topic and the attempt at a resoltuion, I'm willing to call this one done. (That would be commenting on the issue.)
Some others are apparently not okay with some of us expressing our views, to the point of name calling, so I thank you for not going there and being mature about letting others express their dissatisfaction just as we should all be allowed to do without the social police trying to crack down on people for going against the grain.

Kaesaeki
01.16.2013 , 09:42 PM | #1103
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Actually, the reason I mentioned a time machine is that I see some people (possibly not you) talk about solutions in terms of "well, if this hadn't been screwed up to begin with..." which doesn't really address the issue of what a good solution would be.

You're being rather insulting here, I hope you realize. It's not about being "on my knees" (great imagery there, really, very classy), it's about looking at the compromise they offerred and saying it's fairly decent in my opinion. You are, of course, welcome to your own opinion.

And you still haven't answered my honest question of what solution you would like to see. I'm not trying to bait you or anything of the sort, I would like to know.
Ideally, the equitable thing to do would be to get the piece back with a mk-6 augment slot or equivalent to whatever you have it augmented as, along with the amount it would cost to pull out armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments.

Whether or not they are able to do this I don't know. In my opinion this would be the completely ideal and fair thing to do for those of us who have spent the credits.

Everyone should feel free to express their dissatisfaction with how this has been handled, without the worry of the masses coming down on you for expressing that dissatisfaction.

iamthehoyden
01.16.2013 , 09:47 PM | #1104
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaesaeki View Post
Ideally, the equitable thing to do would be to get the piece back with a mk-6 augment slot or equivalent to whatever you have it augmented as, along with the amount it would cost to pull out armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments.

Whether or not they are able to do this I don't know. In my opinion this would be the completely ideal and fair thing to do for those of us who have spent the credits.

Everyone should feel free to express their dissatisfaction with how this has been handled, without the worry of the masses coming down on you for expressing that dissatisfaction.
That would be equitable and fair, I agree. As you mentioned, it might not be possible to do that. Perhaps they'll be able to address that issue going forward. If not, while not perfect, this is certainly better than the status quo.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Vhaegrant
01.16.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by Tetsuos-despair View Post
It's not about the cost, it is about the principal of the thing. Someone blindsides you out of the blue and sideswipes your vehicle causing damage to it while you were obeying the rules of the road, and what you are saying is "oh well, the cost of repair is not that bad, even though I was not at fault I'll cover it".

Are you actually serious that this is your thought process regarding liability and taking ownership of ones mistakes. This is a sad generation who's future is even sadder if this is the zeitgeist of social thinking.
My thought process behind it was actually along the lines of... Chill out it's just a game, at least my shadow gets to dress up as a ninja-biker-superspy

When I translate an in game credit cost it's more of a ratio of how much time I need to spend earning those credits back. Usually around 25mins for a full run through of Imperial Ilum for about 75k. So to put new augment kits on two pieces of kit this mistake has inconvenienced me by about 50 mins of gameplay. Yes, I know in a perfect world I wouldn't have to spend anytime making up the shortfall because the mistake would never have happened in the first place. However, as an adult I realise that after a mistake you make compromises to get back to an acceptable situation.
Personaly I feel BW have gone a long way to addressing the issue.
I hope they have learnt that promotional artwork for a lottery pack needs to be representative of whats inside (I'd much rather have a preview page that shows me all the possible goodies that could be gained)
I hope they have learnt how strongly players identify with a characters appearance (they must as this is a cornerstone of the cartel market)
I hope that they see how open and frank communication can resolve issues far quicker than leaving the players in the dark.
I'll compromise by covering the cost of any augment kits
Besides it pails into insignificance when I think on how much I spent on inventory slots and bank tabs for my 6 level 50 characters before the cartel shop introduced account wide unlocks that can be purchased on the GTN for a fraction of the cost. Such is life.

I'd liken it more to being stuck in a traffic jam, you cover the same distance it's just taken a bit longer.

Cjisohsocool
01.16.2013 , 11:52 PM | #1106
Not to sound ungrateful but if you could actually fix the investigator robe color that would be great... It says you did in 1.6.2 but its still not showing up red

Estelindis
01.17.2013 , 01:25 AM | #1107
Just saw the devpost about the solution to this. Brilliant and far more generous than I had hoped. It's great that both versions will continue to be available to everyone in the future, not just those who bought them already. Thank you, Bioware.

Thufir_Hawat
01.17.2013 , 01:28 AM | #1108
10/10 for BW solution on this one. I wasn't very fussed by the problem but I like to see the community heard on issues that are reasonable and a solution put in place. I'm impressed by this one.

CarpeSangrea
01.17.2013 , 01:30 AM | #1109
Hope 1.7 comes out soon

Magnusheart
01.17.2013 , 01:30 AM | #1110
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
But what about Revan's Set? It became grey and not black since 1.6.1 the robes no longer match the face mask cover with Revan's Mask and is ghastly to see being an OCD Player like myself.

Revan's Chestpeice and the Investigator's Robe both still have 2 hoods on them instead of 1.

But what about this. : /