Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Phantom and Spymaster gear changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
01.10.2013 , 11:21 AM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyxali View Post
ah..so perhaps they need to clarify? no...bioware needs to clean up their act..plain and simple. ensure all things are according to what they are describing for all characters - male/female...it was sloppy on their part, but I do want to say I am extremely happy they are looking into fixing the issues. its sad that it has taken a beast of horrid ranting to make them sit up and notice though..
Have you seen the Aspiring Knight top? It is different on a lady than a male.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
01.10.2013 , 11:27 AM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
Why is there not a limit to how many posts a person can make within a certain timeframe? I read post after post, with pretty much the same information every post coming from this guy. We know, we know, we've heard it a thousand times by now, you have a vaild point, please stop stating it. Your filling this thread and trolling it on purpose to piss people off, with garbage.

There is a large population of people who bought these items based on the preview, who had no clue they were going to change it. This is fact, I'm not trying to argue here. The devs have acknoweledged they have wronged these people and are going to fix it.

"Organize a decent post, and let it marinate a bit, come back, maybe do it again. Don't just try to get your name up on the Most Frequent Poster award."
Ah, So you do not like what I have to say so I should be censored? If you do not like what I have to say, there is an Ignore button. I do not care for some of the things you say...But I don't ask for you to be censored.

Rhyxali's Avatar


Rhyxali
01.10.2013 , 11:28 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Have you seen the Aspiring Knight top? It is different on a lady than a male.
then I would think Bioware needs to add into their descriptions of the items.."apparel will look different on males vs females"..or some such nonsense..or make them non gender specific...I would have loved to get the investigator's set but the preview of it is nasty on specific characters of mine..

so..again..bioware needs to tidy up... that's all I am saying, or trying to say. showing one thing, buying another, preview screens not representing what they are, or cc packs not being what they are advertised, or preview screen is right but changed later..come on..its silly to get this far in a thread over it just to get the designers to Q&A their work before it goes live...which should have been done .."a long...long..time ago..in a galaxy far..far..away"..

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
01.10.2013 , 11:30 AM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyxali View Post
then I would think Bioware needs to add into their descriptions of the items.."apparel will look different on males vs females"..or some such nonsense..or make them non gender specific...I would have loved to get the investigator's set but the preview of it is nasty on specific characters of mine..

so..again..bioware needs to tidy up... that's all I am saying, or trying to say. showing one thing, buying another, preview screens not representing what they are, or cc packs not being what they are advertised, or preview screen is right but changed later..come on..its silly to get this far in a thread over it just to get the designers to Q&A their work before it goes live...which should have been done .."a long...long..time ago..in a galaxy far..far..away"..
But some people like the fact...that the armor has a different look for male and female.

Mindwreck's Avatar


Mindwreck
01.10.2013 , 11:37 AM | #1005
Ah yes, shows you how much I know about these forums. Magically clicked on a person's name, and hit ignore, suddenly each page got much,much shorter.

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
01.10.2013 , 11:41 AM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
Ah yes, shows you how much I know about these forums. Magically clicked on a person's name, and hit ignore, suddenly each page got much,much shorter.
And knowing is half the battle.

DogEyedBoy's Avatar


DogEyedBoy
01.10.2013 , 12:14 PM | #1007
All these people arguing that the Phantom set now looks as advertised, where does it say that the picture on the Cartel market is even the Phantom set? That model is wearing a belt, but there is no Phantom belt.

I just don't understand. You buy a pack, it comes with Phantom gear, you see the icon, you preview it and then assume it's supposed to look different...

The Phantom set even still has the same old item icon!

The fact that this thread is over 100 pages long now and the original thread complaining about the Phantom set was only 12 pages long goes some way to showing just how many people bought the Phantom items from the GTN or wherever because of how it looked in game (you know, the icon and preview!) versus the few people that jumped to conclusions about one picture that may or may not have been the Phantom set in the first place.

If anything I hope this thread finally makes BioWare realise that a large part of their player base actually has taste and doesn't want every piece or armour in the game to have needless bells and whistles on.

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 12:38 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
All these people arguing that the Phantom set now looks as advertised, where does it say that the picture on the Cartel market is even the Phantom set? That model is wearing a belt, but there is no Phantom belt.

I just don't understand. You buy a pack, it comes with Phantom gear, you see the icon, you preview it and then assume it's supposed to look different...

The Phantom set even still has the same old item icon!

The fact that this thread is over 100 pages long now and the original thread complaining about the Phantom set was only 12 pages long goes some way to showing just how many people bought the Phantom items from the GTN or wherever because of how it looked in game (you know, the icon and preview!) versus the few people that jumped to conclusions about one picture that may or may not have been the Phantom set in the first place.

If anything I hope this thread finally makes BioWare realise that a large part of their player base actually has taste and doesn't want every piece or armour in the game to have needless bells and whistles on.

One of the developers already stated that they're come up with a solution to appease both groups. The whining is no longer needed. Also, if people hate the new look so much, why is it still selling for 500K?

Ryscandor's Avatar


Ryscandor
01.10.2013 , 12:51 PM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwreck View Post
There is a large population of people who bought these items based on the preview, who had no clue they were going to change it. This is fact, I'm not trying to argue here. The devs have acknoweledged they have wronged these people and are going to fix it.
I dunno. The basic point of the thread was that the gear suddenly changed and people didn't like it.

Then others pointed out that it was a posted that it was a bug and they actually wanted it changed.

The people who liked the 'old/incorrect' versions pointed out that why they bought the gear based on the preview. The people who like the 'new/correct' version are the ones who presumably follow the forums and/or went to the Devs when the screenshots didn't match the items.

Both lines of thought are reasonable. I came here to add my voice, not because I was affected, but I had friends in game who didn't like the change.

I have no vested interest in having the new versions of the gear remain, but it doesn't mean I'll ignore what those users are saying; the people who want the new/corrected versions are being fair about it and just rolling back the changes isn't right.

Not listening to the people who were complaining that they liked the old versions isn't right either - although you obviously need to apply some basic common sense. (How many users are affected? Is what they're asking for break anything with play balancing? Are they just looking for free stuff?)

I'm not going to stake myself on one side then couch it on citing my interpretations of 'what is advertising', 'is a preview an advertisement or not', 'does whatever method constitute a legal obligation', 'things posted on the official forums that you do not read are your fault', or 'the preview is really what everyone will use'. It misses the point too, that you're essentially talking about customer service here, and we're not in a court of law.

What happens is at the discretion of the service provider (Bioware). They gain or lose customers based on their actions, and that's their motivation - they don't care about the various iterations of the above arguments. They changed something, it was ultimately a cosmetic non-gameplay fix, they feel could have been communicated better, people are unhappy. The only real points in this thread that Bioware is looking at is: "Some are unhappy and want the old version back" and "People who wanted it corrected want it to stay corrected."

Some people have a need for one side to be definitively right and the other side to be definitively wrong, and they won't feel satisfied otherwise.

DogEyedBoy's Avatar


DogEyedBoy
01.10.2013 , 12:54 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
One of the developers already stated that they're come up with a solution to appease both groups. The whining is no longer needed. Also, if people hate the new look so much, why is it still selling for 500K?
I'm not whining, but there seems to be a small group of people within this thread offended by the fact that BioWare are going to offer a solution to both parties. I know, crazy right; it's like they are ashamed they have bad taste.