Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative DPS (Concealment)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative DPS (Concealment)

DARKLORDLS
01.10.2013 , 12:30 PM | #21
I can't believe someone would say not to use Bloodthirst if you're playing as a Marauder, WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE AN ABILITY GIVEN TO YOU?!?!?!

RyanReagan
01.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I don't see how so many people are having such a hard time running Ops/Scoundrels. I don't even have mine fully geared out and am routinely hitting on the 1900-2200 range and criting well into the 3's I have no issue keeping up, and enjoy the hell out of playing my Op. Even if I wasn't holding my own as well as I do, I wouldn't even care anyways because I would rather play a toon I enjoy playing ovet a FOTM build that maxes numbers but I can't stand playing.
Meanwhile the smashers of the world just did a 6k AoE.

Cheers.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

DARKLORDLS
01.10.2013 , 01:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post

Cheers.
More then 6k pending on the class. If you hit a Sorc with a smash it's more like 7.5k.

planet_J
01.10.2013 , 01:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DARKLORDLS View Post
I can't believe someone would say not to use Bloodthirst if you're playing as a Marauder, WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE AN ABILITY GIVEN TO YOU?!?!?!
A PARSE IS TO SHOW SUSTAINED DPS...BLOODTHIRST IS NOT UP 100% OF THE TIME. A PT PYRO CAN PARSE 5K DPS FOR 4-5 SECONDS BUT NO FOOL CLAIMS IT IS SUSTAINABLE. USE BLOODTHIRST IN RAIDS WHEN YOU CAN...BUT DO NOT PARSE WITH IT AS IT IS A "SITUATIONAL AT BEST" PARSE.

AM I CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW GENIUS?

Now go parse a raid and take an 8 minute parse from any part of it and see if you can even break 1900 sustained...THAT'S a REAL parse.
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

Hyfy
01.10.2013 , 04:12 PM | #25

Cheers.
With a bunch of set up, and hope the target doesn't get out of range, and a million other what its. I go in make my attacks with little to no set up and see regular crits. You could have the highest possible damage on your crits but if you can't land those hits or they are far and few between then it means nothing really. Even at half the amount of damage per crit, if I'm critting 3 times as much I'm still doing more damage especially when I don't have to take 30 seconds to set up 1 hit. I'll take that over the alternative any day.

And like I said I'm not even fully geared. That's in Tionese gear mostly. So you are trying to compare a partially geared vs a presumably fully geared toon AND a one time crit with a long set up to one that takes no set up. Apples meet oranges.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

planet_J
01.10.2013 , 04:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DARKLORDLS View Post
More then 6k pending on the class. If you hit a Sorc with a smash it's more like 7.5k.
Against a geared jugg more like 3.5k and if saberward is up more like 1.5k...
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

RyanReagan
01.11.2013 , 03:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
With a bunch of set up, and hope the target doesn't get out of range, and a million other what its. I go in make my attacks with little to no set up and see regular crits. You could have the highest possible damage on your crits but if you can't land those hits or they are far and few between then it means nothing really. Even at half the amount of damage per crit, if I'm critting 3 times as much I'm still doing more damage especially when I don't have to take 30 seconds to set up 1 hit. I'll take that over the alternative any day.

And like I said I'm not even fully geared. That's in Tionese gear mostly. So you are trying to compare a partially geared vs a presumably fully geared toon AND a one time crit with a long set up to one that takes no set up. Apples meet oranges.
Bunch of setup?
Choke.
Leep.
Smash.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Mr_Elotes
01.12.2013 , 04:36 AM | #28
AB/HS
Shiv
Lacerate/Stim Boost (If you get free TA)
Debilitate
AB/BS
Shiv
Lacerate/Stim Boost (if youget free TA)
Lacerate/Stim Boost (if you get free TA).
Explosive Probe
I use almost the same opener (first 3ish attacks), after this, it depends on the prey that you are stalking. Are they smart and know how to counter a stealther? Did they just freak out and pop all their cool downs hoping to save themselves and preventing X attack from working/doing dmg? To me every fight is different, some really easy to get thru and win and others that may get drawn out. I usually EP around the same time that I back stab so that they both hit around the same time causing a good chuck of HP to disappear (any where between 5-9k total dmg between the 2) and remember this is after the opener where a IF things crit, well you can see where I am getting at.

Also I think that the keyboard you use is a factor as well. Some allow for you to bind several actions together on one key so that you dont have to press 2 keys to complete said action (example: lets say you bind "take cover" and "explosive probe" on one button instead of 2). I also use CS offensively more often then defensively...I use it as my assassination. You should know what your opener is cappable of doing, when you get said prey to a point where you know your opener can kill them and CS is up, imho you should use it and finish them off. Thats just me tho.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer

Hyfy
01.12.2013 , 03:31 PM | #29
Bunch of setup?
Choke.
Leep.
Smash.
Yes a bunch if setup so you can maybe crit on them. Then assuming they don't release and move out of range on you. As an Op you do your basic attacks with 0 setup required and you are laying down crits repeatedly. Like J said even if my crits are hitting half as hard, if I'm crittjng 3 or more times as much I will be doing more damage AND more reliably.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Ich_Bin
01.12.2013 , 03:55 PM | #30
Why are people still denying the facts? There is a reason for why DPS Operatives are not wanted in serious PvE and/or PvP groups: Other classes can do a better job.

It's not something that I want to rage about, but it's still a fact that you can't deny.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewgal View Post
The trouble with PvP... fact and fantasy blur into what the player does believe.