Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative DPS (Concealment)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Operative DPS (Concealment)

RjuDju's Avatar


RjuDju
01.09.2013 , 02:01 PM | #11
I enjoy my lethality Op. Sure snipers are better, but i save creds on repair bills because i can stealth out....lol(sometimes u gotta look for a bright side) Either way, i can break 1800 dps on a dummy, so its good enough for all content atm

DARKLORDLS's Avatar


DARKLORDLS
01.09.2013 , 02:38 PM | #12
1800 on the ops dummy is barely good. I pull 2150-2200 on my Marauder and Powertech. Why would someone want players with DPS that much lower in their raid group? My Sniper I sit at about 2050 on the dummy.

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
01.09.2013 , 05:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DARKLORDLS View Post
1800 on the ops dummy is barely good. I pull 2150-2200 on my Marauder and Powertech. Why would someone want players with DPS that much lower in their raid group? My Sniper I sit at about 2050 on the dummy.
If his op had the bloodthirst boost you used to hit 2200 he would hit 1950...now what? Plus...you can't maintain 2200 indefinately...when bt runs out you're back to 1900 +/-.

Don't post inflated BS numbers using bt...to compare them is lame!

BTW parses or it didn't happen...show me your "broken" op dps parse too
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
01.09.2013 , 06:15 PM | #14
AB/HS
Shiv
Lacerate/Stim Boost (If you get free TA)
Debilitate
AB/BS
Shiv
Lacerate/Stim Boost (if youget free TA)
Lacerate/Stim Boost (if you get free TA).
Explosive Probe

This seems to be optimal as it keeps the armor pen and the dot going the whole time (for the free TA). The explosive probe should hit just as the dot from AB is ending. At that point you can cloak and start again or hit a flashbang and heal up.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

DarkPharohEclip's Avatar


DarkPharohEclip
01.09.2013 , 09:25 PM | #15
If they aint gonna let me raid so be it, but damn I will roll a class that will let me raid. It's a shame they take a good clas and f it

DARKLORDLS's Avatar


DARKLORDLS
01.10.2013 , 08:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
If his op had the bloodthirst boost you used to hit 2200 he would hit 1950...now what? Plus...you can't maintain 2200 indefinately...when bt runs out you're back to 1900 +/-.

Don't post inflated BS numbers using bt...to compare them is lame!

BTW parses or it didn't happen...show me your "broken" op dps parse too
No inflated numbers here. I don't have BT when on Parse on my powertech for one, two while on my marauder I get one shot of BT in the 5 min parses I do and I use it right at the beginning and also use it as my count down clock. So maybe you need to learn your class a little better. Powertechs and Marauders should be able to sustain between 2050 - 2150 using everything correctly.

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
01.10.2013 , 08:33 AM | #17
I don't see how so many people are having such a hard time running Ops/Scoundrels. I don't even have mine fully geared out and am routinely hitting on the 1900-2200 range and criting well into the 3's I have no issue keeping up, and enjoy the hell out of playing my Op. Even if I wasn't holding my own as well as I do, I wouldn't even care anyways because I would rather play a toon I enjoy playing ovet a FOTM build that maxes numbers but I can't stand playing.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

RjuDju's Avatar


RjuDju
01.10.2013 , 09:03 AM | #18
I would understand peoples complaints if they couldnt clear content because the class cant do enough damage. But just because another class can do more dps doesnt mean im gonna go play it.

Play what u enjoy playing, if u cant do enough dps for the content in this game then u are doing it wrong and should stick to your fotm toons

planet_J's Avatar


planet_J
01.10.2013 , 11:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DARKLORDLS View Post
No inflated numbers here. I don't have BT when on Parse on my powertech for one, two while on my marauder I get one shot of BT in the 5 min parses I do and I use it right at the beginning and also use it as my count down clock. So maybe you need to learn your class a little better. Powertechs and Marauders should be able to sustain between 2050 - 2150 using everything correctly.
Using bloodthirst for a 5 min parse is not using it correctly...Parse without bloodthirst and come back and talk to me...this debate has been on the sentinel forums FOREVER, if you parse with bloodthirst you're not REALLY getting the sustained DPS of your class...a stim will last an hour or so....bloodthirst is a temporary PARTYWIDE buff that lasts a short time, and will not last an entire raid.

Go run a raid, and parse the raid, and see if you are ANYWHERE near 2100...something tells me you won't be, because it isn't possible.

Also, what dummy are you using?
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

DARKLORDLS's Avatar


DARKLORDLS
01.10.2013 , 12:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by planet_J View Post
Using bloodthirst for a 5 min parse is not using it correctly...Parse without bloodthirst and come back and talk to me...this debate has been on the sentinel forums FOREVER, if you parse with bloodthirst you're not REALLY getting the sustained DPS of your class...a stim will last an hour or so....bloodthirst is a temporary PARTYWIDE buff that lasts a short time, and will not last an entire raid.

Go run a raid, and parse the raid, and see if you are ANYWHERE near 2100...something tells me you won't be, because it isn't possible.

Also, what dummy are you using?
I use the Op's dummy, duh. Not a noob lol. And why would you not use Bloodthirst if you're a Marauder? Its an ability, you're dumb if you dont use it on a parse because it's something you can also use in a raid. And yes you will be around 2100, as I said my Powertech I parse with sustains right around 2100 and I don't use Bloodthirst seeing as I practice/parse alone.