Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative DPS (Concealment)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative DPS (Concealment)

DARKLORDLS
01.07.2013 , 09:31 PM | #1
So, I decided to level a OP DPS and play as Concealment. BIG mistake! I also have a Sniper, Powertech, Sorcorer and Marauder and it's sad how much lower the Operatives DPS is. While leveling I was even having trouble breaking 3500 in a single hit being level 49 with all purple gear BiS. It seems to me Bioware broke this class and doesn't care to fix it. I'm in a big PvE guild and I know there's NO WAY they would let me roll an OP DPS with them as I would be far behind the other DPS and not pulling my weight. Why would Bioware not want to fix something like this? I know the main reason is all nerf/buffs to classes mainly comes from PvP and I think Bioware can't seem to figure out how to fix the class without OP's killing players in a few seconds. Am I the only one frustrated by this and disappointed with Bioware?

Brissellio
01.07.2013 , 09:53 PM | #2
I feel your pain the PVE department. After playing sentinel and vanguard, scoundrel dps is just hard to stomach. It can be very good but you have to work 10 times as hard as most classes to get stellar dps out of it. Sorry I only know the scoundrel terms.

There probably is something BW could do to fix it.

1. Make shoot first not require stealth. The knockdown that you can spec into will require stealth. It gives us our big hitter into our rotation.

2. Change sneak to be how it is for shadow dps. Increase energy regen. They do not even have to give us the damage reduction.

3. Fix the crit multiplier bonus in our tree. Get rid of our slow attached to the bonus and instead put sabotage charge on it.

4. After using shoot first from stealth instead of a knockdown. Makes the next sabotage charge free. Will stop people in pvp from saying we can stunlock and gives us better energy management.

These are the 4 things that came off the top of my head. There are probably a ton more ways people can think of to fix them. In the pve department where more and more bosses will start off with some sort of aoe or something like that. It gets increasingly more difficult to be so reliant on stealth for our big damage.
Brisselio- Combat Sentinel

DARKLORDLS
01.07.2013 , 10:18 PM | #3
Whats really bad and made me think to post is I was doing lowbie PvP and a lvl 34 Sin hit harder then I did a s a level 49 with both of us having BiS gear. Even my HS only hits for 3500-3600 if it crits... Class is the most broken in the game!

DARKLORDLS
01.08.2013 , 12:00 AM | #4
What would you all suggest for Op's DPS as Concealment? Whats the best rotation to use? I mainly use AB-HS-BS-SHIV/Laceration.

ronniehenlau
01.08.2013 , 12:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DARKLORDLS View Post
What would you all suggest for Op's DPS as Concealment? Whats the best rotation to use? I mainly use AB-HS-BS-SHIV/Laceration.
AB->HS->Stim Boost->Shiv->AB->BS->Lacerate->Shiv

Something more like this is what I would use, at least. Been some time since I properly played my operative as dps, but this is, give or take, the rotation I use.

Sanctioned
01.08.2013 , 11:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
AB->HS->Stim Boost->Shiv->AB->BS->Lacerate->Shiv -> Lacerate ->lol-wth-do-I-do-now-everything-is-on-cooldown-I'll-just-lolrifle-shot-and-overload-shot-I-guess

Added.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

colddarknord
01.08.2013 , 12:35 PM | #7
This class/build is dead for a long time already. BW killed it with changing of cooldowns in 1.3(?) I guess.

Keyran-Halcyon
01.08.2013 , 12:53 PM | #8
Honestly you are right that most class changes come from pvp and the reason ops/scoundrel got nerfed is because people HATE getting jumped by a stealth class. The average player thinks they are awesome and always attribute getting killed to the fact that the class was OP, not that the other player was more skilled. I still love my scoundrel and refuse to switch to another class as my main. I also mainly play as healer, but I still use my damage abilities to help finish off players or help control the field. OP/Scoundrel DPS is still there, you just have to play the class correctly and mod out your gear correctly. This class isn't for the players that just want to faceroll the keyboard to kill things. If you want easy mode, roll a glowstick class.
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

Sanctioned
01.08.2013 , 07:15 PM | #9
Yeah DPS Ops are still around, but we can all fly to the Community Cantina Tour in one plane.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

DARKLORDLS
01.09.2013 , 12:12 PM | #10
I'm not about facerolling classes at all but I know for a fact there is NO WAY for a Concealment Operative to reach the same numbers as ANY other class played by the same level of skilled player. It just can't happen. I already got shot down by my guild to try and DPS with it in raids for PvE. It's because they know that Im going to be far behind the other DPS. And the crap Bioware try to add to the Operative to make it more useful in raids people can give a crap about. So what Concealment can use Sneak a lot more often and be able to CC more/easier. People don't care about that when you're going to be 100k-200k behind the other DPS in boss fights.