Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much HP for endgame content?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How much HP for endgame content?

Omophorus
01.10.2013 , 04:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pokupo View Post
Maybe a little off topic, but do you Tanks ever carry around multiple sets of Tank Gear? (or at least pieces that you swap in and out, maybe a different Relic, change a chest piece etc...)

Or is it mostly just one Tank Spec, one Tank Set of Armour?
I carry 1 gear swap (extra piece of body armor) to keep closer to ideal stat distribution when toggling between a WH Defense relic and a DG on-use Shield/Absorb relic. Essentially, I can choose between ~80 Absorb and ~80 Defense from body armor to offset stat changes from the relics.

The DG relic gets tossed on for boss fights with tank swaps where I'm either not taking damage or not taking M/R damage periodically to maximize my effective mitigation pool. The WH relic is used for trash, less challenging content (e.g. GF dailies, so I can pay even less attention to content that I can do half asleep), and any fights with consistent damage profiles.

Beyond that, I don't see a lot of point to fiddling with multiple gear sets (which is ironic, because I played FFXI for years, which could easily leave one with an entire inventory crammed full of situationally useful tanking gear). Assassin has little trouble with threat, and shifting a few points around between Defense/Shield/Absorb is not going to make a noticeable change when tanking different things other than slightly increasing overall damage taken. This game has the MMO formula so simplified that I don't see value in over-complicating it for little to no gain.

As for re-spec'ing, I don't really change my spec around for PVE when tanking because there isn't really a huge pool of alternative viable talents beyond the 31/0/10 standard. Situationally I'm sure I could justify making some tweaks, but the upside isn't great enough for me to justify the chance of forgetting to swap back and be running a sub-optimal spec when it matters.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

Chaqen
01.13.2013 , 03:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pokupo View Post
Maybe a little off topic, but do you Tanks ever carry around multiple sets of Tank Gear? (or at least pieces that you swap in and out, maybe a different Relic, change a chest piece etc...)
I change my heal procing relic to a shield procing relic on kephess nim, then change it back to the heal procing relic after the trandoshian phase. I have noticed it helps out the healers a bit more for that phase but overall probably would be fine if i didnt do it.

When it comes to question of mitgation vs HP, i usually work on a balance between the two. I use only letter mods, but will use a mix of high and low endurance enhancements, and will never use end augments. I usually aim to get the most endurance + mitigation stat, over willpower. This leaves with ~29k hp on my darksin, in the worst situation possible (tanking NiM Kephess while having the bleed (the other tank went splat because they a pure hp build)) I was able to survive with minimal stress on my healers (was a Merc and OP healer) without the need of CD's. I feel that if i was full mitigation or full hp build, i wouldnt of been able to survive in such a situation due to the fact that the a large amount of the damage i was receiving was not being mitigated.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary