Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ummm... Can we get some more info on what we pre-ordered ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ummm... Can we get some more info on what we pre-ordered ??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
01.07.2013 , 01:45 PM | #31 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We have lots of information about Rise of the Hutt Cartel on the way as we approach its launch, so make sure to keep your eye on the website and community blog!

Costello
01.07.2013 , 01:48 PM | #32
Bioware don't seem to be doing themselves many favours, at the moment everything they seem to do is about getting money rather than making a product people want to pay for.

Rather than tell us whats in the expansion and getting people to buy it seems they want to hint at what is there get pre-orders out of people and then reveal details. Almost as if 5 days early access is a better selling point than telling us what new skills or how the talent tree is being redesigned.

Amodin
01.07.2013 , 01:56 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have lots of information about Rise of the Hutt Cartel on the way as we approach its launch, so make sure to keep your eye on the website and community blog!
This right here is a clear indication that you only read the title and nothing more - way to go.

You have people wanting to buy this... expansion, but they want more information before doing so. They don't want to wait until a week before it launches, they want information. Information Bioware - something that you don't understand. Communication too. It's a great thing that goes hand in hand with information.

gibmachine
01.07.2013 , 01:59 PM | #35
Where I come from, it's usually bad for business to hold out your hand for money up front before actually telling your customer what is it he's about to pay for.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic and really hope that RotHC will deliver despite not having class stories. Hell, it better do cause otherwise lots of people are going to be very unhappy, myself included.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

CosmicKat
01.07.2013 , 02:01 PM | #36
The information will soon be available for pre-order.

Sometime in the first quarter that information will be released, it will contain five more informations, and be "big" information, as big an information as some of their bigger informations. Those who pre-order said information will recieve five days of early access information about the information that will soon be released.

Beslley
01.07.2013 , 02:15 PM | #37
Look, yellow poster, I know you're trying to help, but really, you're digging your hole deeper.
Most people want information BEFORE they've preordered, not after. :/

Congratulations, now you can be sure that I won't be preordering not only this "adventure pack", but any others that you may offer in the future (If I stick around to buy them at all. Honestly, your company's handling of this has been abysmal. I've been playing this game for a year because I love it and I want it to get better, but I'm thinking that maybe I should just give up, take my ball, and go home. So much worrying over false promises and disappointment at end-game and it hurts because I loved you Bioware. I loved you, but I don't know what happened to you. )
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

BadOrb
01.07.2013 , 02:17 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post
This right here is a clear indication that you only read the title and nothing more - way to go.

You have people wanting to buy this... expansion, but they want more information before doing so. They don't want to wait until a week before it launches, they want information. Information Bioware - something that you don't understand. Communication too. It's a great thing that goes hand in hand with information.
There are lots of threads about RotHC and TBH we are lucky this wasn't moved into one of the other ones and Alison took the time to post too , but still you are't happy. Is this about you wanted to know more before the pre-order vanishes ? If so then just pre-order . Otherwise just be patient and more info is on the way , it's no skin off your nose at all. Also by the looks of it the price won't change tomorrow either , you will just lose the 5 days early ( bug testing , extremely busy makeb crashing mahem ) access.

It's an expansion that doesn't affect end-game , 1 planet , 5 levels increase in cap , repeatable missions , SGR's with NPC's , a couple of new skills , 5 more skill points at level 55 , new datacrons . Not really sure what else there is to know for $9.99 or 5.99 really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Katsuragisama
01.07.2013 , 02:20 PM | #39
So then, yes, you're supposed to pre-order with this little amount of info. Why? No one really understands this business practice. I'd speculate they're being secretive because they really dont have anything new or worth talking about beyond the bulletins they have on the buy page.

Beyond that, they're trying to give the RotHC a sense of mystery, in hopes that people will buy it before they realize how little they will be getting. This strategy also works with Cartel Packs. You dont know what you will get, but you have hopes for what you will get. This same mentality/strategy is working to get some people to buy this "expansion" as well. And some of you actually are gullible enough to fall for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

MrSchmo
01.07.2013 , 02:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Look, yellow poster, I know you're trying to help, but really, you're digging your hole deeper.
Most people want information BEFORE they've preordered, not after. :/
Simple overlooked solution to this is not to preorder it yet. Wait till you get what you want to hear before preordering.

If youre ok with what they gave you so far, then preorder. Your bonus for doing so 5 early days. That's all.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.