Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who said PvP in TOR sucks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who said PvP in TOR sucks?

ebado
01.07.2013 , 08:47 AM | #21
I love that an Operative complaint is in this thread. It will never end.

Kryogenique
01.07.2013 , 09:00 AM | #22
PvPers are widely accepted as the biggest complainers.
We're just never happy

iDraxter
01.07.2013 , 09:09 AM | #23
I love this game and its PvP but Lets face it besides a few tweaks to some classes the major problem with pvp at the end of the day is noobs.....they don't call, they don't respond to calls, they don't pass, they make bad decisions and do not adapt/improvise to the situation at hand, doing pugs is really a random draw and the team with most competent ppl that can push the team and compensate win. Not having a matchmaking system set by valor or expertise seals it, the thing is the 10-49 bracket is good for learning to PvP but if u get to lvl 50 and have valor1-20 and in pve gear ur surprised u get crushed and come to the forum and start qq but did u learn ur class? do you know your role? Are dumb enough to eat a master strike/ravage or get shot to death by ranged dps because u didn't take adv of line of sight? and so on....hey we all started somewhere but if u want to PvP are u atleast willing to learn/improve before posting qq threads?
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Foofie
01.07.2013 , 09:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45118787/SWTOR/Capture.PNG

40,000 threads, totalling 720,000 posts.
17.5% of the (English)forum posts are related to PvP. It appears to be quite popular.

"(Name class) is OP
(Name class) is UP

(Name WZ) People not playing correctly
(Name WZ) People leaving WZ too early

(Name guild) I am the top PVP guild on my server hear me ROAR!!!

(Name Player) I am the best PvPer on my server

(Name type of gear) I want it now why do I have to earn it

(Name Ability) Tired of stun wars The Old republic

(Name Ability) L2P

I could go on. But if you take those posts away. you will be left with a lot less and you won't have to sift through those listed above to find real good posts on PVP.

Yes it is very popular.

I apologize I need coffee.
Master Foofie SWG Tempest Survivor FORCE Disciples

bayoumagic
01.07.2013 , 10:03 AM | #25
The only thing you can say about the number of posts is that people tend to come to forums to vent. PVP satisfaction is very subjective. I played at launch, got 2 scoundrels (dead server) and 1 sentinel to 50. i was pretty happy with the game for about the first 3 months. Call it burnout, boredom, or lack of BW trust but I've pretty much moved away from the game as well as PVP after hitting mid 60's valor rank on those toons. I find endgame pvp well...lacking in variety. However, one persons boredom is another persons Fun. I still want to see swtor be successful and I like to see more reasons to continue with pvp past 50. Maybe I've been away too long but what are the rewards/incentives that I'm missing? For me, just ranking up isn't enough. I'm not looking for uber gear rewards so I can one shot someone.. I'd love to see some meaningful horizontal progression that couldn't be simply bought with cartel coins. And I'd rather be making a smuggling run! /vent off

DarthSabreth
01.07.2013 , 10:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Issues or not, people PvP enough to ***** and complain about it. They all say they don't care about it anymore, but they always come back for more. As flawed and imbalanced as people claim it is, it's still fun.
I thought PVP was really fun pre 1.4, now its just kick in the wall fustrating with all of the overly overly overly ultra excessive CC we have now.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

iDraxter
01.07.2013 , 10:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I thought PVP was really fun pre 1.4, now its just kick in the wall fustrating with all of the overly overly overly ultra excessive CC we have now.
Something must be working fine if ur still here
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Tamanous
01.07.2013 , 10:55 AM | #28
Fact: I know of tons of players who simply love much of the class play in this game, love most of the warzones (which are frankly far more fun in general than nearly any other mmo I have played) and have amazing memories of close fought battles where teams just happened to be near equal.

Fact: I know tons of players who also find the pvp at times to be the most frustrating experience they have ever had when balance is out the window when you face a team that not only plays the game better (which nearly everyone will accept without issue) but also have so much better gear than even the best player in lesser gear has no chance against.

Do you see the issue here? The foundation behind pvp in this game isn't in a bad situation. Most classes are fun, most warzones are fun and games can be a blast once you don't feel you are be facerolled by gear and not just skill.

The lack of any balance to pvp at in any bracket is what is killing pvp. Illum will get reworked, new warzones will be introduced, new open world objectives will be added ... yet never a moment where you can enter feeling on par with everyone else. Cap an objective with your team using the best strategy and team play just to watch 4 players get rolled by 2 simply because they out gear you and little to do with skill? No thanks. That isn't sport.

Please note I say this because I also hate stomping others in less gear than me. Why should I have this ability? I need gear to have even a chance against those in better gear which then allows me to stomp others who simply want to learn to win with skill and not need crutches. This is a pointless cycle. Rated warzones are the only place where gear should even matter and I say this simply as a gating mechanic. I still would rather see nothing more than ranks from skill based game play gate rated entry.

Player skill can never be top priority in pvp when gear has so much impact on game play. This is a universal truth.

DarthSabreth
01.07.2013 , 12:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
Something must be working fine if ur still here
yeah its called:

1. im a star wars fan and i like all of the classes and the story.

2. I have faith that BW will make pvp fun again when they fix the resolve system so we dont have all of the excessive CC in the game and also add cross server ques alowing premades to be sent directly to the ranked que meaning all 4 man / 8 man groups sent there by default.

I have been waiting for this game to come out since conception and i am not at the moment ready to give up on it, unless BW really drops the ball and ruins the game, which i doubt will happen.

with that being said, i still researve the right as a paying customer to let BW know what i like about the game as well as what i do not like about the game. holding something in does not add to change whether that change is good or bad who knows what the future holds for the game.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

DarthOvertone
01.07.2013 , 01:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
PvP in this game is a love/hate relationship.
That's pretty much the story in every game though. No PvP game is balanced. Every PvP game has its positives and negatives. I've pretty much played them all, but I stick with SWTOR and BF3. Not because they are perfect mind you, both need a lot of work. Those are just the two PvP games I have the most fun playing.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!