Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's worth buying in the Cartel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's worth buying in the Cartel?

SoSickMinded
01.06.2013 , 03:16 PM | #1
I've got a nice amount of Cartel coins, but I'm kinda afraid to use them because I don't quite understand what's useless crap and what's actually good and worth buying. I'd love to get the ship upgrade, but I don't have any lvl 50's so that's out of the question... any advice on what packs are good or what items can help me while progressing through the story?

Thanks, I'm fairly new to the game, and a complete noob when it comes to the Cartel...
"The Force is strong with this one."
Ci'dor Sith Juggernaut:
SoSickMinded Jedi Sentinel
Ci'kinr Sith Assassin

Lordmird
01.06.2013 , 03:17 PM | #2
Worth it?

None of it.

Buy the gamble boxes and see if you can find something over 500k
Semper Paratus

Darthforey
01.06.2013 , 03:18 PM | #3
I usually just stick to the cartel packs becuase they give a wide varitey of items to your characters. They have items such as speeders, emotes, revan's robes, pets, and then they give you a high level companion gift and several other items I cant remember off the top of my head.
"The Sarlacc found me some what indigestible." - Boba Fett
"Come on, you fat, ugly fierfeks. Come and get me!"-RC-1138
"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."

aeterno
01.06.2013 , 03:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Worth it?

None of it.

Buy the gamble boxes and see if you can find something over 500k
Probably smarter to simply sell the packs for 300k-ish a piece.

I mean sure, you can theoretically open one up and make a couple million credits off of it. But RNG is more likely to give you ship droid customization and XP bonuses (meaning nothing) for your trouble heh.

JohnRoy
01.06.2013 , 03:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SoSickMinded View Post
I've got a nice amount of Cartel coins, but I'm kinda afraid to use them because I don't quite understand what's useless crap and what's actually good and worth buying. I'd love to get the ship upgrade, but I don't have any lvl 50's so that's out of the question... any advice on what packs are good or what items can help me while progressing through the story?

Thanks, I'm fairly new to the game, and a complete noob when it comes to the Cartel...
If you are Jedi, the Valiant Jedi Armor is worth it. It is the nearly the only set in the game that let's you look like a Jedi but doesn't have a giant hood over your head. It is also one of the coolest Jedi armors in the game. It is the one from the cover of the game box/loading screen/first trailer.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Fornix
01.06.2013 , 03:32 PM | #6

It sort of depends, but if you don't have any 50's, and if you have a lot of them, you could opt to unlock the aspects of the game you use such as additional crafter slot, maybe skillbars if you use 6, epic unlocks, and then just play a while from your cartel coins. All you'd need to use access passes for perhaps would be flashpoints if you run those.

Beyond that, what I personally like having is the GTN slot upgrades, but that's simply because I tend to sell a lot, and hate switching to alts to get access to more slots.

Most of the other things on the cartel market are just fluff, and completely up to yourself whether you want to obtain it or not.
Member of <Helix>

AsheraII
01.06.2013 , 04:20 PM | #7
If there's nothing that peaks your interest, then simply wait till something interesting does get added. You can try your luck with the packs, but I don't advise buying those to get things to sell on the GTN. Even selling the packs themselves doesn't yield as high a profit per cartelcoin as, for example, selling the title or companion customization unlocks.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Zekim
01.06.2013 , 04:28 PM | #8

Im sure everyone has given great tips so far. Heres my 2 cents. If you are in a hurry to level up, the xp buff is a decent idea. The packs are cool too. Ive bought 2 so far and each has had something of value to me. I havent had anything sellable but Im not much in need of cash either. Like someone else said, if theres nothing you see now, hang on to your coins. SOmething may peak your interest soon.

Fantazm
01.06.2013 , 04:36 PM | #9
If you have alts, get some legacy unlocks. Rocket boots is probably the best because you buy it once for all characters in your legacy.

Arkerus
01.06.2013 , 04:38 PM | #10
Depends on what you are looking for. I think some of the armor sets are great looking. I bought some of the better looking ones for my Jedi sentinel.

The cartel packs are a nice grab bag of rarities and boosts you can pass to other characters.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY