Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild bank Scammed..!

Commissar_Omega
01.07.2013 , 12:55 PM | #11
I've seen women spies get with guild leaders to break up marriages, I've seen people who were police officers use police computers to find and publish people's personal info so that they're harassed out of the game. I've seen email and facebook accounts hacked for the purposes of publishing embarrassing info to discredit influential people.

Guild bank robbing is just a noob tactic. But these things belong in games where the goal is to play to crush and eliminate your opponent. The mechanics nor the attitude for that type of gameplay exist here.

My advice to this scammer is to go to a game (like eve online, darkfall, mortal, UO) where his abilities would be appreciated. If I were a guild leader in one of those games, I'd put a good scammer on the payroll and unleash him on rival guilds. Not here though. The mentality of this community is all wrong for this sort of thing, because most people think like this:

Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
we play for monopoly money...
...we can all enjoy ourselves without accusing people of cheating afterwards.
Komissar Omega
Pot5 - 50 Sith Sorcerer
Pkers

sirullrich
01.07.2013 , 01:59 PM | #12
I didn't know stealing was okay! LOL to all the people who defend people who steal. It's the same thing if your grandparent's get scammed out of there money. Is that okay too. HAHA what a joke. People are going to say this is a game and not real life. This just shows us your values.

DreamerBrian
01.07.2013 , 02:33 PM | #13
uhh... I steal the huttball all the time.
Banshi
<Hoth Ski Patrol>

Caeliux
01.07.2013 , 03:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Commissar_Omega View Post
I've seen women spies get with guild leaders to break up marriages
Women spies?

haha

wetslampigduex
01.07.2013 , 03:39 PM | #15
OP your not the only one, he got me too. Caught me off guard one Saturday morning about 15 mins after i woke up(and 5 mins after wake n bake). Sent me in game messages "hey been waiting for someone to log, inv me to guild this is my alt"(keep in mind he found me on the pub side and i mainly play imp only 1 pub to my name) then 2 seconds later he logs in vent with what i was told was a broken mic. Everything seemed legit this guys he was impersonating has 15 toons some in guild and some are not for AH posting reasons i believe. The person he was pretending to be is the vice GM so i invited him and push him up to officer alts rank. He then sent me another tell asking if i had some stabs on me cause he had learned a few patterns on this alt he was on and would make it worth my while i gave him 18 stabs out of my own collection.(the guy he was impersonating only has about 800 mill so i didnt hesitate cause he's been known to repay 10x what you give him in some cases) Logged back out and over to the pub side, 2 hours later the GM logged in and gave me a "*** happened to all the mats in the gbank(granted there were only like 6 stabs and 4 cubes he took like 50 of the alpha wave things and some random 25 mods and enhancements) all in all this guy got my little guild pretty good more so me.

All in all it was a stupid move on my part, but honestly never even imagined anyone stooping to this level.

Wymorick
01.07.2013 , 03:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
The person he was pretending to be is the vice GM so i invited him and push him up to officer alts rank.
The more this keeps happening the more of this your going to see, no one can stress enough, you have GOT to check your dealing with folks...for the sake of everyone's G banks....

Beaucore
01.07.2013 , 03:58 PM | #17
What I don't understand is why you all don't have some type of double checking to make sure the guy is legit before bumping his rank. In my guild, if you want your rank bumped, you must log into your main first. Simple as that. Let's quit being ignorant.

Wymorick
01.07.2013 , 04:00 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beaucore View Post
What I don't understand is why you all don't have some type of double checking to make sure the guy is legit before bumping his rank. In my guild, if you want your rank bumped, you must log into your main first. Simple as that. Let's quit being ignorant.
I agree with this 100%, anyone who has known about this and has had this happen to them needs to wise up a bit.

RebelArch
01.08.2013 , 01:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Huh? Your examples are horrible. I would like to apologize for your parents failing you. You are totally lost on so many levels. I feel bad for the life you must live all around. Looking to screw people in a guild isn't pvp. The worst part is you think you actually make good sense....lol, that's just sad.
Relax, calm down, and remember no one can ever take away your participation ribbon.

Here's to thinking getting the better of a character in a game, and saying it's just competition makes a worse person than insulting a real person in real life.

If you got 99 problems and reality ain't one, I feel bad for you son.

Hairyzac
01.08.2013 , 12:21 PM | #20
Might as well buy this bridge I am selling...