Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A little concerned, need some feedback please...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
A little concerned, need some feedback please...

Thuull
12.20.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1
Okay, so I'm a little concerned and wanted to check with you guys to see if this happened to anyone else.

I've been leveling as shield tech, and loving it. Don't kill things super fast, but I tank like a fiend. I've got 3 of the pieces from Hammer Station, and generally good gear overall. I have historically been easily able to take multiple (3+) strong mobs simultaneously without any issue whatsoever.

Last night before server maintenance, I finished up with Nar Shaddaa, and went to go do the Great Hunt quest between there and the next quest hub (Tatooine/Aldaraan).

Suddenly, I'm really struggling to stay alive during fights, and have actually died a couple of times.

The *only* things that have "changed" are my switch to Tatooine, and the server maintenance last night.

I'm level 24...before I left Nar Shaddaa, I was killing mobs around level 22-24. Now I'm facing mobs that are all 24...and they're hurting me.

So my question for you guys...are the jumps from one story area to the next that incredibly different in mob strength even though the levels are about the same, or did they do something during maintenance last night that changed us?

Thanks in advance,

Thuull

jizazi
12.20.2011 , 09:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thuull View Post

So my question for you guys...are the jumps from one story area to the next that incredibly different in mob strength even though the levels are about the same, or did they do something during maintenance last night that changed us?

Thanks in advance,

Thuull
Yes, increases of the challenge faces by many player as level increases. Higher challenge for player of higher level, much challenge have to 40 level player, upward.

Thuull
12.20.2011 , 09:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jizazi View Post
Yes, increases of the challenge faces by many player as level increases. Higher challenge for player of higher level, much challenge have to 40 level player, upward.
Sure, and that makes sense. I was expecting it a bit more gradually though.

This was a very severe difference...going from Mako's heals keeping me topped off at full health almost 100% of the time, to outright dying if I happen to pull 2 "strong" equal level mobs at the same time.

The mobs that I had no issue with in the last zone were lvl 22-24...the mobs that are killing me now are all level 24.

The difference was severe enough to question if something happened in the patch last night, or if this huge difference from zone to zone is well known already (and doesn't necessarily reflect a big difference in level of the mobs in question, just what zone they're in).

Thanks!

ltankhsd
12.20.2011 , 09:44 AM | #4
I noticed Tatooine is more difficult too but I haven't yet died to anything. I think I am slightly overlevel for the place so it may be worse for players fighting equal level mobs.

badalchemist
12.20.2011 , 10:08 AM | #5
I've also noticed that Tatooine is quite a bit tougher than Nar Shaddaa. If you feel a little underleveled, now is the time to run flashpoints, pvp, etc.

Thuull
12.20.2011 , 10:17 AM | #6
Cool...like what I'm hearing.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Taking a flashpoint and pvp break from questing for a while I can handle.

/appreciative

Jestunhi
12.20.2011 , 11:30 AM | #7
I think my 25 PT died once during those missions on the earlier planets.

Definitely a noticeable boost in difficulty from the previous planet / quests.

NoVaFLuXx
12.20.2011 , 07:40 PM | #8
Same problem here. I got to alderan and I'm level 31. The quests that have me fighting level 28 groups just kick my ***. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll be examining my gear and makos gear tonight.

Twizztednight
12.20.2011 , 07:48 PM | #9
It's not necessarily anything particularly wrong with your gear if its scaling up as you get new pieces. Generally each planet has a level range of mobs and a certain difficulty. Each new planet you visit along the quest line does get considerably tougher a level 24 mob on Nar Shadda is infact weaker than a level 24 mob on Tattoine although they are the same level its the low end of those mobs on new planet. A weak normal 24 on Tattoine would almost be consider a strong on Nar Shadda. So just take that into consideration when switching planets to be cautious at first and see how things go before jumping into the fray taking on big groups.

theholyevil
12.20.2011 , 09:42 PM | #10
I am finding some of the same problems happening to me. Personally I think it is Mako's gear scaling because he 3 second cast heal only heals for about 3% of my HP and her dot only gives about 0.5%. I try to keep her gear updated and mine, but it is becoming quite the credit sink.

Perhaps she was balanced with tanking in mind, that is my only logical conclusion for that. Because I was having trouble killing mobs on my class quest alone.