Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Four Pillars of why you should consider running a DPS assassin/shadow in YOUR rwz

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
The Four Pillars of why you should consider running a DPS assassin/shadow in YOUR rwz

cycao
01.09.2013 , 02:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by thefishdude View Post
I love my Sin and I'll always consider it my main, but you missed out on a lot of points in regards to the other classes. When I have more time, I'll add them to my post, but just as a quick example:

Snipers have a ton of additional damage reduction abilities. Shield probe is on a 45 sec CD and it absorbs a ton of damage (30% more in Eng spec and it can be immediately reset via EMP).

Anywho, I know deception sins are much more survivable now and can put out numbers, but if we see a deception Sin in our rated match....nuked.
This. Any assassin/shadow not running tank spec is going to be subject to heavy focus fire, no 25% damage reduction/stealth is going to change that. While I wish one of our dps specs could be more viable from what I see that will not change unless some nerfs come down on other specs or we get a buff but I don't see us getting another one.

iesnbold
01.10.2013 , 03:40 AM | #12
About the squishiness in rateds, have you considered putting 1 point in Insulation over Deceptive Power ? I thought the +10 Force was not so important given the great force regen we have, so the small armor bonus plus 6% Entropic FIeld which has an uptime of near 100% could put us on par with PTs and not too far from smasher as far as passive DR goes (I think it actually makes us tankier than PT because we have more and better defensive CD, and still a bit shy vs smashers).

It sounded good to me, but when trying it I actually missed the +10 total force more than I would have thought, and switched back, have you tried it ?