Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Four Pillars of why you should consider running a DPS assassin/shadow in YOUR rwz

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Four Pillars of why you should consider running a DPS assassin/shadow in YOUR rwz

SharpG
01.06.2013 , 12:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
energy issues, horrible sustained damage and even worse survivability makes it a no no in rateds. Basically all the things people say about DPS sins, but they're actually true about operatives.

fun as hell to pugstomp in regs with it though
Dear god, thank you, someone who understands the problems with concealment operatives!

Requests like a gap closer are the LAST thing we need.

vimm
01.06.2013 , 01:10 PM | #22
energy issues, horrible sustained damage and even worse survivability makes it a no no in rateds. Basically all the things people say about DPS sins, but they're actually true about operatives.

fun as hell to pugstomp in regs with it though
And I'm also curious how you figure a deception assassin is better off than a carnage marauder for DPS.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Xerain
01.06.2013 , 01:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
On the other hand Xerain loves to point out how 2 Pyro PTs can just run around melting pretty much anything in their path and that certainly has a lot of merit.
I also want PTs to get nerfed so that deception build sins will be wanted for rateds more!

2x Deception variant built sins.
1 tank jugg
1 carnage marauder
1 tankasin (node guard)
1 sorc healer
2x op healer or 1 op 1 merc?

NO MOAR PT's!

EatenByDistance
01.06.2013 , 04:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
And I'm also curious how you figure a deception assassin is better off than a carnage marauder for DPS.
a good carnage marauder will probably get around 600-650k in a full length civil war. I can pull over 700k without too much difficulty plus I have all the utility listed in the OP. The only utility Carnage brings to the team that Smash doesn't is a faster Predation (only matters in the first few seconds on WZ) and more roots.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

vimm
01.06.2013 , 05:37 PM | #25
a good carnage marauder will probably get around 600-650k in a full length civil war. I can pull over 700k without too much difficulty plus I have all the utility listed in the OP. The only utility Carnage brings to the team that Smash doesn't is a faster Predation (only matters in the first few seconds on WZ) and more roots.
You really think it only matters in the first few seconds of the warzone? Oh my.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Xerain
01.06.2013 , 05:52 PM | #26
You really think it only matters in the first few seconds of the warzone? Oh my.
You know how many Alderaans and Novares a pred swap has won me? TOO MANY.

cycao
01.06.2013 , 06:11 PM | #27
700k...impressive I rarely see that on civil war out of any dps let alone assassin.

vimm
01.06.2013 , 07:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
You know how many Alderaans and Novares a pred swap has won me? TOO MANY.
None, because you can't use Predation on the forums or in general chat. Ha-Haaaaa!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Xerain
01.06.2013 , 07:34 PM | #29
None, because you can't use Predation on the forums or in general chat. Ha-Haaaaa!
Just like you don't know how to min max your gear!

ArchangelLBC
01.06.2013 , 08:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
You shouldn't have squishiness problems in a 0/27/14 build. Between Sith Defiance, Darkswell, Entropic Field, Insulation(I usually take this over Static Charges because 4% mitigation through armor seems like better spent points than a buff to discharge which will rarely, if ever get to a 5 stack in PvP), a minute self heal through Death Field, and proper rotation of Force Shroud and Force Cloak(which resets your Blackout timer) you should have survivability on par with Darkness. The reduced cooldown on Force Shroud in Darkness hybrids and full tank builds is definitely a plus, but it doesn't really afford you much more staying power over good use of defensive cooldowns in the Wakajinn spec. The only real loss that I see with 0/27/14 is the absence of Force Pull. But if you rotate your CC's and reduced cooldown Force Speed, you shouldn't have too many problems. I personally prefer Low Slash over Instant Whirlwind, based solely on the cooldown timer of each.
I did say "feels" =P though you're also missing out the healing from Battle Readiness, and I usually run a 27/014 hybrid so you're missing the healing from Harnessed Shadows as well. Healing from Force in Balance is negligible, but a wash in this case.

Still I'd chalk it up mostly to a placebo effect.

Force Pull is most noticed in Hutt Ball, but thank God for free Field Respec.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd