Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Does Disappearing get a shorter cooldown later on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Does Disappearing get a shorter cooldown later on?

Frostsaeber's Avatar


Frostsaeber
01.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #1
I find waiting 2 minutes in order to be effective (in a battleground) to be rather irritating, it's the only way I have a chance of surviving ( and it doesn't even do its job half the time anyway).

I was hoping, since I'm level 25, that something will reduce the cooldown by the time I'm 50.

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
01.05.2013 , 06:34 PM | #2
I think the scrapper tree drops the CD on it by like 30 seconds.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

CarthOnansi's Avatar


CarthOnansi
01.05.2013 , 09:18 PM | #3
It goes down to 1 min 30 seconds cool down in the scrapper tree. Which isn't too bad.

TO render it more affective do a combo of Dodge then Disappearing act so you take no damage that would take you out of it.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

Gassygunslinger's Avatar


Gassygunslinger
01.05.2013 , 09:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CarthOnansi View Post
TO render it more affective do a combo of Dodge then Disappearing act so you take no damage that would take you out of it.
Doesn't Dodge only affect single target attacks? Seems like AOE's (which it doesn't prevent) would be more of a threat of revealing you.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

CarthOnansi's Avatar


CarthOnansi
01.06.2013 , 05:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
Doesn't Dodge only affect single target attacks? Seems like AOE's (which it doesn't prevent) would be more of a threat of revealing you.
Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth

I think it means all attacks, I haven't had a problem with aoes whilst using this almost guarantees a getaway.

Dodge now also cleanses dots on you making ur job of getting into stealth alot easier.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
01.06.2013 , 09:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CarthOnansi View Post
Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth

I think it means all attacks, I haven't had a problem with aoes whilst using this almost guarantees a getaway
It doesn't dodge Force/Tech attacks. Anything that does yellow damage (which is most AoEs) will still hit you. You do have a couple of seconds after popping Disappearing Act before you can be pulled out though.

Quote: Originally Posted by CarthOnansi View Post
Dodge now also cleanses dots on you making ur job of getting into stealth alot easier.
This is the big benefit of Dodge. Those pesky DoTs won't pull you out of stealth.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]