Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Too much CC


Brules's Avatar


Brules
12.20.2011 , 02:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AwefulWaffle View Post
That made no sense.
It would if you played in coordinated balanced groups.
Infraction-MarauderProphecy of the Five

Darren_Kitlor's Avatar


Darren_Kitlor
12.20.2011 , 02:51 PM | #22
CC should work fine the first time.

However, there should be temporary resistance to repeated CC.


As an Operative, I have exatcly one counter on a 30 second cooldown. In groups, I'm targeted first and chain locked until I die.

I agree that CC should be a strong part of dynamic PVP but not to the point that it's a crutch tactic for teamplay.

origional's Avatar


origional
12.20.2011 , 02:53 PM | #23
CC is always a fail because the second you start to take away peoples ability to play the game, guess what, they won't play the game.

You should never be able to completely immobilize someone. If you stop them moving they should still be able to attack. If you stop them attacking they should still be able to defend. You have to allow them something otherwise whats the point in playing? it just becomse stunlock, death, res, repeat.

Abilities that break cc effects are also always a fail because they have stupidly long cool downs on them whilst any immunity is limited to a few seconds, so you blow your ability and then your stunned again.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
12.20.2011 , 02:53 PM | #24
I think people overestiamte what loss of character does in this game because most of them came from an environment like WoW where if you're not using a move every GCD you're falling behind.

In TOR it is very easy to be completely resource starved. If you got no resources available, being stunned is pretty much no loss to you since it's not like your autoattack is going to do any meaningful amount of damage. Of course it still sucks (especially if you're rooted on top of a flame trap) but this isn't a game you lose if you're not using every GCD. In fact getting CCed while your major abilities are down might even be advantageous because it means the other guy can't CC you another time when you're ready to unleash doom.

Reenolols's Avatar


Reenolols
12.20.2011 , 02:54 PM | #25
Ugh every CC complainer just doesn't know how to play properly. Pay attention to who's around you, don't waste your CC if you don't need to, and don't use your CC break unless you have to. It's really not that hard.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

Draemos's Avatar


Draemos
12.20.2011 , 02:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Detrimentlol View Post
There are actually very few of these abilities for a lot of classes and they are on long cooldowns. In a WZ, getting stunned for literally 30 seconds straight because there is that much CC and no DR is just dumb.

oh, and just because I know someone is going to quote me and say L2P or get good: Yes, I am better than you. By far. You're wrong if you disagree with me and its you that needs to learn about how PvP in games should work. Take a hike.

Gross exaggerations do not help your argument.

origional's Avatar


origional
12.20.2011 , 02:55 PM | #27
Let me guess, your a rogue on wow right.?

Modecrypt's Avatar


Modecrypt
12.20.2011 , 02:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by origional View Post
CC is always a fail because the second you start to take away peoples ability to play the game, guess what, they won't play the game.
Sure they will. The best PVP game ever made, DAOC, had minute and longer AREA EFFECT mezzes and people played the **** out of that game.

AwefulWaffle's Avatar


AwefulWaffle
12.20.2011 , 02:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Brules View Post
It would if you played in coordinated balanced groups.
No it wouldn't, because even a coordinated, balanced group makes mistakes and there's literally so much crowd control in this game it's impossible to tell what's going to happen next.

There's very little strategy to using Crowd Control. Of course a coordinated team is going to win. That doesn't stop the fact that crowd control is overpowered. It also doesn't stop the fact that at this point PVP is pretty unbalanced.

Draemos's Avatar


Draemos
12.20.2011 , 03:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AwefulWaffle View Post
No it wouldn't, because even a coordinated, balanced group makes mistakes and there's literally so much crowd control in this game it's impossible to tell what's going to happen next.

There's very little strategy to using Crowd Control. Of course a coordinated team is going to win. That doesn't stop the fact that crowd control is overpowered. It also doesn't stop the fact that at this point PVP is pretty unbalanced.
I've seen no actual indication than crowd control is out of line