Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

Khevar
01.14.2013 , 03:46 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
This a million times and this is the reason why G'klarg should go down first. If anyone got pinned by him it's not an issue - it's just some lost DPS - but if your healer gets pinned (s)he won't be able to heal him/herself and it's going to hurt.

Not to boast but I'm not a bad healer and I am overgeared for this fp with 22k HP yet I died being pinned right at the start as the other untauntable guy kept hitting me (pretty sure our tank hadn't taunted the commander though). There was simply nothing I could do.

Now you're going to acknowledge the fact that kill order would have changed nothing to my death since I was targetted right from the start, I agree, I'm just underlining the fact that this guy is the most annoying of the trio, hence he should be dealt with in priority.
Interesting. Early on, when my healer was in average gear (only part Columi), I've been pinned more than once by G’klarg right at the start of the fight, and have never been killed by it.

I wonder what happened during your fight. It seems odd to me that you could be killed right off the bat during the pin (having that much health).

Kitru
01.14.2013 , 04:16 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I wonder what happened during your fight. It seems odd to me that you could be killed right off the bat during the pin (having that much health).
It's entirely possible he was using a Sage (worst DR) and grouped with a tank that didn't get the commander off of him. That's pretty much worst case scenario.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

GalaxyStrong
01.14.2013 , 04:22 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
This a million times and this is the reason why G'klarg should go down first. If anyone got pinned by him it's not an issue - it's just some lost DPS - but if your healer gets pinned (s)he won't be able to heal him/herself and it's going to hurt.

Not to boast but I'm not a bad healer and I am overgeared for this fp with 22k HP yet I died being pinned right at the start as the other untauntable guy kept hitting me (pretty sure our tank hadn't taunted the commander though). There was simply nothing I could do.

Now you're going to acknowledge the fact that kill order would have changed nothing to my death since I was targetted right from the start, I agree, I'm just underlining the fact that this guy is the most annoying of the trio, hence he should be dealt with in priority.
Uhh, why not just take the healer up stairs with the RDPS and follow the same tactic's. If the healer catches arggo then the big guy has to run through the Team, up the stairs, quick left, another quick left, more stairs, down a very long corridor (hallway) and then take another left to get to you. Then, when he does get close to you just jump off the ledge (he wont jump after you instead he will have to take the path he used to get there in the 1st place to go all the way back. this should give you enough time to kill the commander and were back to good old tank and spank.

That should keep the healer pretty safe.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

haksilence
01.14.2013 , 09:20 PM | #64
yes that is 100% correct. sooner you can take him down sooner the tank can do his job. if you save him for last then you might as well have 3 DPS

demotivator
01.15.2013 , 12:07 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Uhh, why not just take the healer up stairs with the RDPS and follow the same tactic's. If the healer catches arggo then the big guy has to run through the Team, up the stairs, quick left, another quick left, more stairs, down a very long corridor (hallway) and then take another left to get to you. Then, when he does get close to you just jump off the ledge (he wont jump after you instead he will have to take the path he used to get there in the 1st place to go all the way back. this should give you enough time to kill the commander and were back to good old tank and spank.

That should keep the healer pretty safe.
If you have to come to this it still shows one thing: G'klarg is the most annoying in this group. And one rule when clearing a group is to take care of the annoying element first.

That reminds me of Directive 7 where DPS just don't care about the fuse pistol droids and focus on the silvers (or worse but rare on the gold) yet these guys will crush the tank with their very damaging ray.

If something is annoying you don't want it to stay for the whole fight and you deal with it first (another example is mercs in Kaon that you need to kill first or medics in LI if you don't have enough CC or the stunning astromechs in LI again and so on).

It all comes down to this, in a group of mobs annoying elements are either CCed or dealt with first... you know so that you can actually avoid their annoyance for the rest of the fight.
Randomizing your forums.

ShawnSixtyTwo
01.15.2013 , 10:29 AM | #66
I prefer to kill the big boy first, then commander, then the one on the left. The "pin" just annoys the crap out of me that much, plus if the healer gets pinned things can go south pretty fast.

If the group wants to kill the commander first I can live with it, but it's not what I'd choose.

The trash is still more dangerous than any of the bosses in Kaon, IMO. The chairs are downright deadly!
-= The Sinistral Legacy on The Harbinger =-
Raphus - 50 Sentinel Desperot - 50 Scoundrel Verticalis - 50 Commando
Malivore - 50 Assassin Scoloa - 50 Sniper Dendro - Powertech

ruminate
01.15.2013 , 01:08 PM | #67
Little story:

Commander dies.
Adds come.
I, the tank, get pinned by the big guy.
DPS tunnel visions on the big guy and the sword guy.
Adds surround the squishy healer and kill him in 3s flat.(no joke, a single add deals almost as much damage as the sword guy)

Two lessens can be learned from this:
1.) the DPS sucked for not killing the adds before they surrounded the healer
2.) If the big guy died first, I would've been able to save the healer

We still won while the healer was down because the sword guy and big guy hit like wet noodles, but still....

GalaxyStrong
01.15.2013 , 02:57 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by ruminate View Post
Little story:

Commander dies.
Adds come.
I, the tank, get pinned by the big guy.
DPS tunnel visions on the big guy and the sword guy.
Adds surround the squishy healer and kill him in 3s flat.(no joke, a single add deals almost as much damage as the sword guy)

Two lessens can be learned from this:
1.) the DPS sucked for not killing the adds before they surrounded the healer
2.) If the big guy died first, I would've been able to save the healer

We still won while the healer was down because the sword guy and big guy hit like wet noodles, but still....
This is a pretty good example of why the Healer and RDPS (assuming you have RDPS) should go on the second floor and climb-out on the light post. If the adds come up stairs just send them all flying back to 1st floor using an AOE knockback.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

GalaxyStrong
01.15.2013 , 03:11 PM | #69
Quote:
If you have to come to this it still shows one thing: G'klarg is the most annoying in this group. And one rule when clearing a group is to take care of the annoying element first.
Dude, your acting like this some sort of super crafty plan. I'm just running to the 2nd lvl and shooting them on the lower lvl.

Quote:
That reminds me of Directive 7 where DPS just don't care about the fuse pistol droids and focus on the silvers (or worse but rare on the gold) yet these guys will crush the tank with their very damaging ray.
Comparing the Koan boss fight to a Directive 7 Mob is ........................well kinda ridiculous.

Quote:
If something is annoying you don't want it to stay for the whole fight and you deal with it first (another example is mercs in Kaon that you need to kill first or medics in LI if you don't have enough CC or the stunning astromechs in LI again and so on).
He's not very annoying if he cant get to your healer and by using the very simple tactic's that I have explained he's not going to get your healer (at least not before the comander is dead then the tank can taunt and then it doesnt matter.

Quote:
It all comes down to this, in a group of mobs annoying elements are either CCed or dealt with first... you know so that you can actually avoid their annoyance for the rest of the fight.
[/QUOTE]

What it comes down to is a lack of creativity on your part.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

USCG_Davis
01.15.2013 , 03:34 PM | #70
I hate Kaon with an absolute passion. I run it once a week for the weekly and with guildies. Both the other Mara and myself spec to Rage and the Jugg tanks in rage. We just smash away in the middle. They all die at the same time. Doesn't really matter. I know this isn't really what the OP was talking about but I figured we could just throw the simplest version out there
Atrėss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ