Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode


Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
01.08.2013 , 04:29 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
no, the tank should not be on the turret.
Actually, it works best with the tank on the turret specifically because the tank isn't going to do stellar damage otherwise. The turret deals a static amount of damage, regardless of what your stats or spec are. However, the threat multiplication benefits of your tank stance *are* applied. As such, it's quite easy for a tank to sit in the turret and tank absolutely everything *including* the strong by throwing a couple shots at it while waiting for the hordes to spawn. The DPS should focus on killing the strong as quickly as possible.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
01.08.2013 , 04:34 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
as it has already been stated earlier, the "correct" kill order should be commander first, then it doesn't matter.
That's a bit of a false conclusion. You're ignoring the fact that there are other mechanics to consider. Turning the fight into a tank-and-spank as quickly as possible is no more the "correct" kill order than taking care of the big guy so that you don't have to deal with having a random person stunned for an extended period of time; you're simply placing more value on the unquantifiable effect of being able to maintain aggro compared to the more quantifiable but still quite vague benefits of not having a random person stunned for an exceptional period of time. Honestly, you could easily argue that there *is* no correct kill order or that *all* kill orders are "correct" since all of them work and none of them are appreciably "better" than the others (barring killing the left Rakghoul first, though I'm sure someone, somewhere swears by it since it's got the highest damage of the lot); it's not as if the developers actually forced a specific kill order be taken like they did with the Dread Guard.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
01.08.2013 , 10:48 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.
worse tactic ever. this is one of many fights where everyone regardless if range needs to be piled all together so the range dps doesnt pull all of the mobs to him out of the aoe heal, the aoe he just cast, the aoe the other dps has casted and or the tanks taunt range. done this way is so much easier when the adds come. i have been in pug groups with one and two range dps ping ponging the untauntables all over making the poor healer trying to decide whom to keep up. there is no issue if everyone is in one big pile. the adds all come to one spot, the healer can aoe heal and the tank doesnt run all over. so many fights with adds are easier like this.

in the past the commander or the one that pins is killed first. for the lesser geared groups it is better to take out the pin one first so the healers job is made easier.

to be honest if you got this far in the zone you shouldn't have a problem with the fight. previous bosses are much more difficult unless you used some of the exploits.

Thundergulch's Avatar


Thundergulch
01.09.2013 , 10:43 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. This tactic just makes a mess of things.
If everyone is a fresh 50, they should all be in AT LEAST Tionese gear, any order will work as long as EVERYONE focuses on the same target.
Stack up, kill, profit.

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
01.09.2013 , 12:58 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Actually, it works best with the tank on the turret specifically because the tank isn't going to do stellar damage otherwise. The turret deals a static amount of damage, regardless of what your stats or spec are. However, the threat multiplication benefits of your tank stance *are* applied. As such, it's quite easy for a tank to sit in the turret and tank absolutely everything *including* the strong by throwing a couple shots at it while waiting for the hordes to spawn. The DPS should focus on killing the strong as quickly as possible.
On my old server it was always a mdps on turret. First one I did on current server tank hopped on it, DPS blew up strings and it was even more of a cakewalk than usual.

Diff'rent strokes I guess. The place is easy enough either way.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

GalaxyStrong's Avatar


GalaxyStrong
01.09.2013 , 04:50 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
On my old server it was always a mdps on turret. First one I did on current server tank hopped on it, DPS blew up strings and it was even more of a cakewalk than usual.

Diff'rent strokes I guess. The place is easy enough either way.
I can get through the turrent part even if my entire team dies (I am not the Tank either). Its not hard at all but only a RDPS can do what I do. If you go behind the turrent and past the chest ther are 3 barrels against the wall. Jump on the 3 barrels this will allow you to jump on a broken pipe just to the left of the barrels. Once your on the pipe you will be able to jump on the broken pipe above the one you are currently on. This will put you at a height & position that the monsters can not reach. Im a Sniper so, at this point I just stand up their and throw gernade's and use Orbital Strike until they are all dead or the timer runs out (yes, their is a timer and if you exceed the timer the wall blows up and all you have to do is finish off the monster that are currently attacking you).

Hope this helps
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
01.09.2013 , 05:02 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
I can get through the turrent part even if my entire team dies (I am not the Tank either). Its not hard at all but only a RDPS can do what I do. If you go behind the turrent and past the chest ther are 3 barrels against the wall. Jump on the 3 barrels this will allow you to jump on a broken pipe just to the left of the barrels. Once your on the pipe you will be able to jump on the broken pipe above the one you are currently on. This will put you at a height & position that the monsters can not reach. Im a Sniper so, at this point I just stand up their and throw gernade's and use Orbital Strike until they are all dead or the timer runs out (yes, their is a timer and if you exceed the timer the wall blows up and all you have to do is finish off the monster that are currently attacking you).

Hope this helps
I've had problems with the infected mercenaries yanking me off of my safe position in trying this strat. That doesn't happen to you?

GalaxyStrong's Avatar


GalaxyStrong
01.09.2013 , 05:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I've had problems with the infected mercenaries yanking me off of my safe position in trying this strat. That doesn't happen to you?
I did have that happen to me "once" but thats it. it's never happened to me since.

Maybe I'm lucky.

One more thing, don't stand on the 1st broken pipe. jump to the 2nd pipe above the 1st.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
01.10.2013 , 07:13 AM | #39
My friends used to let a dps take turret and tank would gather adds. Also the tank would taunt the exploding buggar away from the group so he didnīt explode in the group. It works realy well if the tank maily fokus on tanking adds and not killing them. Then the turret will hit more targets pr. hit.

In a pug however i would probably just stick with the tank in turret tactic. A good dps could just as easy pull the exploding buggar away from group as a tank. Ofc the chance of a dps dooing that isnīt big, but the same can be said for tanks.

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
01.10.2013 , 07:30 AM | #40
As a healer in the turret fight i try to stand in front of the cannon so i line up with the incoming hostiles. That way rarely any mobs get past the turret. The mobs run in my direction but before they reach me the turret will have hit them. If i was behind the turret the dps would have to protect me from the mobs i would get agro on. Most times i have more faith in turret than in dps to keep me safe.

Ofc you could just use the cheat. I just like to do fights as they were originally designed. Standing on some safe spot as healer isnīt the design. One safespot have been removed in an earlier patch so this other safespot will most likely also be removed some day.