Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

DarknessInLight
01.07.2013 , 12:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Am I correct or not? Opinions please.
Right to Left has worked for me every single time and every GF team I have gone in with has NEVER wiped.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Gwence
01.07.2013 , 01:16 PM | #22
done this a million times with any kill order with well geared players and under geared players

it's stupid easy, order doesnt matter

the turret fight always causes new players trouble especially if they are the one on the turret

"it keeps kicking me off" and "how do I fire" etc..

lol

DarknessInLight
01.07.2013 , 01:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwence View Post
done this a million times with any kill order with well geared players and under geared players

the turret fight always causes new players trouble especially if they are the one on the turret

lol
The Tank should be on the Turret during the ambush. That's how I roll.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

GalaxyStrong
01.07.2013 , 01:35 PM | #24
I try to kill the commander first because it breaks the mind shield and then the tank can taunt properly and now you have a classic tank and spank text-book situation which should be totally do-able. Some-one mentioned this as well but ill reiterate. RDPS should be on the 2nd floor right where you meet the pilot chick and then climb out on the light-post just slighting stick out of the wall. This give RDPS a great advantage they can not be attacked (except for the commander of course). If the RDPS grabs arrgo the 2 bosses will have to run all the way up the stairs to 2nd floor once they get close just jump off the ledge ( they wont jump off with you instead their *******es will run all the back down to the 1st floor).

That my take on the Kaon boss
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Petnil
01.07.2013 , 07:43 PM | #25
Just make sure all know who is the first target. For a melee group the easier thing would be to kill boss first because he doesnīt run anywhere. If the adds run to the healer he just need to kite abit and end up at tankspot when boss is down.

Basic rule, if you get agro run toward the tank, not away from the tank. Ofc theese adds can be taunted untill boss is dead, but itīs just one of theese things you cant say too much.

Vankris
01.08.2013 , 03:33 PM | #26
as it has already been stated earlier, the "correct" kill order should be commander first, then it doesn't matter.
Why? Because the commander buff the other two so they are non tankable, they switch aggro and cannot be taunt.
once the commander dead, the other two have a normal aggro behavior and the tank can focus damage on him, which make healer job easier.

that beind said, the FP is very forgiving and damage quite low, so any order can be used, but not killing the commander first make it slighly harder (yet quite easy).
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Vankris
01.08.2013 , 03:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
The Tank should be on the Turret during the ambush. That's how I roll.
no, the tank should not be on the turret.

The tank should tank the silver mob while a melee dps is on the turret, if possible keep a range dps on foot.
but again, the encounter is so easy, it could be done with the healer on the turret.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

AshlaBoga
01.08.2013 , 03:45 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwence View Post

lol
I 2nd this, all the fights are easy - though it helps to have a little extra AoE for the turret fight so less trash makes it to the tank.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

mikebevo
01.08.2013 , 04:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
no, the tank should not be on the turret. .
Healer, never been on turret, but at least on The Harbinger, the tank has been on the turret in every guild run or pug run I have done.

Khevar
01.08.2013 , 04:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
no, the tank should not be on the turret.

The tank should tank the silver mob while a melee dps is on the turret, if possible keep a range dps on foot.
but again, the encounter is so easy, it could be done with the healer on the turret.
I can't believe you crack your eggs from the little end you disreputable Blefuscudian!