Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

Lycor
01.05.2013 , 03:13 PM | #1
Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Am I correct or not? Opinions please.

Khayleth
01.05.2013 , 03:17 PM | #2
The hunched over rak has a move where he pins the target to the ground for a very long time and he soft enrages, increasing his damage by a significant amount, if you kill him first it just makes your healer's job a lot easier. A geared and skilled enough group could honestly kill them in any order though.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

FlyinSpaghetti
01.05.2013 , 03:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Commander is tauntable by tank, others are not until the commander is dead. Also the big rakghoul dude on the right will have a sort of mini enrage where is says he's growing angry etc so best to take him down quickly as well. So depending on how good your dps is either the commander first (usually) or the big rakghoul if your groups dps is lacking.

Always the small one on the left last.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Eshmael
01.05.2013 , 03:52 PM | #4
This FP is nearly one year old, and i have seen EVERY order get talked about.
For me its easy:
get an offtank (better three DDs) for kaon.
Everyone takes one of the bosses and hope for the healer to get pinned down.

So you can play a DD race.
To make it even more interesting, add some hundret k credits in the middle and roll for wich one gets what target.

I have healed it with my columi/rakata gear smuggler even with only tionese/columi dds (shadow dd as "tank").

Athena-Nike
01.05.2013 , 03:54 PM | #5
I found order doesn't really matter as long as people focus. In fact the easiest clear that I did was not target any of them, just mass aoe them all to death (was in HM). I (sniper) dropped Orbital Strikes and volleys, our healer (op) dropped Orbitals inbetween heals, our tank (PT) used Death from Above and Flamethrower, and the other DPS (mara) spammed boosted smashes, of course that works with a strong group of people who know what they were doing.

Petnil
01.05.2013 , 04:23 PM | #6
Boss first imo. As long as boss is alive the adds are imune to taunts. If boss tells adds to attack the healer who ofc stands a good distance from the tank he can kite the adds and will not get pinned. (unless the adds catch him ofc.)
Just run a circle and end up near the tank. By then the boss probably is dead and the tank can taunt. And you want to be nearer the tank when the small adds come.

wadecounty
01.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #7
Personally, from the perspective of a tank, I prefer to have control over a fight, so I always ask the groups I run with to kill the leader first (so I can taunt the others) and to stack in melee range. I cannot stand it when ranged DPS or healers try to stand as far away as possible and kite the boss, because all it does is cost us DPS and make everything more complicated than it has to be. You'd have to be exceptionally undergeared or have a very poor healer for this boss to require kiting.

Ansalem
01.05.2013 , 05:34 PM | #8
Best tactic for boss is to stick your rdps and healer up on the platforms on the side going up to the final conversation...stick em right up there on the rails and melt the big guy as he targets. It makes the fight incredibly easy and you can really kill any of them you want that way because the 2 adds end up running up to get their target. Using the rail tactic you can kill the commander and then finish off the big guy and medium guy or you can burn the big guy before he even gets close to anyone. If you are doing this with melee dps though no question kill the big guy first.

Kitru
01.05.2013 , 06:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Both kill orders are correct since it's not like there is a mechanically predefined kill order. Interestingly, every server/faction seems to have its own "default" kill order that people have come to expect (which was an adventure when the server merges first happened and you had to explain what "doing this the usual way?" meant to people with different interpretations of it thanks to learning it on different servers).

The kill order I always default to is right>left>middle (making sure to mark them before we start). None of the bosses deal all that much damage, even if you're appropriate geared for it, so the only really "dangerous" thing is the big guy's pin. When he's down, it doesn't really matter what the other kill order is because the remaining 2 have the same amount of hp and you'll still deal with 1 that ignores threat while you're killing the second with the last one responding to threat regardless.

While it doesn't really matter to me what kill order is used, the one thing that *always* perturbs me is when someone runs up to the upper platforms: inevitably, they'll be the one called out resulting in the 2 untauntable bosses running all the way up there (and potentially back down if the rail person isn't inept and knows to take the fall before they're jumped and pinned) which splits the group up and cuts down on the damage the group is throwing out (even if you're burning the center boss first, it still reduces damage output because you're not benefiting from incidental AoE). Don't bother with doing the rail/platform thing. Just stand in the center with everyone else and burn the bastids down in whatever kill order the group decided on beforehand.

Also, when the adds spawn after one of the bosses dies, stay grouped up so that you can burn those adds down faster. It's also a bad idea to use your knockback on those adds: they die crazy fast if they're all together and using a KB just spreads them out and makes them take longer to die (I often see healers running around like crazy or using KB as soon as the horde gets close which is *so* annoying; even if you're in recruit gear, they barely tickle and you're just making it more annoying for your tank to pick up all of them and your DPS to burn them down).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Codle
01.05.2013 , 06:20 PM | #10
From a healer;

Please kill the commander first. The big one's pin is genuinely a breeze to heal through, and I prefer to have the tank be in control of aggro so it's not on me. I commonly get targetted by the two adds (if you can call them that) and it's just annoying.

So yeah, Commander, then the Hulk, then the tiny one.

THANK YOU
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD