Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

hardicon
01.04.2012 , 01:07 PM | #71
difficult fight, not impossible though. I died my first two times. first time was kind of a screw up where i wasnt paying much attention and let khem val get too low on health before i tried to heal, couldnt keep up.

second time i just tried to go for max damage as fast as possible and burn her down before I died, didnt even try to heal, got her to maybe 5 percent.

third time i actually used interrupts, did some dps, healed khem, back to dps, kept shields going and otherwise played a bit smarter, easy peasy kill.

so use your class abilities, and think about the fight. she does force storm, stay out of it, keep khem out of it and you should be fine, or interrupt her. as asassin gets plenty of interrrupts, shouldnt be a problem for a asassin.

Darthneubauer
01.04.2012 , 01:38 PM | #72
learn to interupt its easy
MisterTea

frumpkin
01.05.2012 , 03:35 PM | #73
One of the reasons I had a hard time with this quest was the lack of target of target. I'm pure heal spec, so I usually let Khem tank and swap back and forth between heals to DPS. Unfortuneately, without target of target, it's nigh impossible to interupt dependably or see what is being cast.

And yes, I adapted and went full out DPS mode for this fight, but that doesn't change the fact that things are often made difficult in this game simply because of poor UI design or basic features that aren't included. Healing in this game is a PITA and I hope they change things before I start raiding.

OverpowerStorm
01.05.2012 , 03:52 PM | #74
Super easy, kite her around use you're instant spell dots and run away, she stops to cast her lighting spell,.dot dot run , than again I can heal my self .

Taegost
01.05.2012 , 03:56 PM | #75
I went after her at L29 full heal spec and couldn't get her down past 15% after a dozen tries geared out in all orange gear with green mods and Khem only half equpiped. So I went back the next day with a friend who was L25, he could barely touch her, but he could interrupt. We just focused on interrupting her heals and big damage, after my buddy and Khem dropped I LoS'd her to heal and finished off the fight with almost no force and no health... It was pretty epic and I was so enthused because I had to actually work for it (Plus, I was 3 levels below her).
I also didn't know at the time I could get Khem to move out of AoE by setting to passive... Probably coulda gotten her by myself if I did.
Ever since then, I purposely go to each planet and do the quests 3-4 levels below what I should be... Otherwise it's a cakewalk... I prefer the challenge of being underlevel and undergeared

pinkfreudHC
01.05.2012 , 03:56 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
The class quests in this game are really separating the baddies from the adequates, aren't they.

Zash is easily doable if you interrupt, stun and knockback her big damage abilities.

Actually the same goes for any elite / boss mob in the game
Except for those Gold mobs that like to play "I jump back and forth and pwn your face, BTW I have no cast time abilities."

Taegost
01.06.2012 , 07:22 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by frumpkin View Post
One of the reasons I had a hard time with this quest was the lack of target of target. I'm pure heal spec, so I usually let Khem tank and swap back and forth between heals to DPS. Unfortuneately, without target of target, it's nigh impossible to interupt dependably or see what is being cast.

And yes, I adapted and went full out DPS mode for this fight, but that doesn't change the fact that things are often made difficult in this game simply because of poor UI design or basic features that aren't included. Healing in this game is a PITA and I hope they change things before I start raiding.
<Alt>-T is the hotkey for "Target of Target". I use it all the time for soloing and instances.
Healing in this game is just the same as it is in any other game that doesn't allow add-ons that hold your hand... Except with less spells, which is good.

Partizan_Cholek
01.06.2012 , 07:53 AM | #78
This fight is 110% about interrupts. Watch for her long casts for the lightning AOE or the casted heal, and be sure to do the following:

Electrocute -> Jolt -> Channel the Force -> Jolt -> Electrocute -> Jolt

Use that basic combination above and just apply either Electrocute or Jolt to interrupt her casts when applicable (don't just spam the strategy there or you'll blow your interrupt CDs), and she'll be down in no time. Finished on my 28 Sorc after experiencing the same issue you described, once I followed that strategy, one-shot her immediately.

drollzito
01.06.2012 , 07:59 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Pashgan View Post
Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.
Sorry man, you are doing it wrong...
I did it as a deception assassin.
REALLY Easy, killed in the 1st try.... no one helping me...

blubomber
01.06.2012 , 08:16 AM | #80
Try interrupting the heals.

your welcome
Feel the wrath and power that it holds
I will make you a goddess and angel
You will be remembered forever
Honor me, the Angel Maker
I give you your wings

Beta Squadron 367