Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

Melacon
03.10.2012 , 10:33 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Twizztednight View Post
Seriously? This quest was a challenge but it wasn't that difficult. I 1 shotted this but then again, I specced as heals and just sat there healing Khem the entire time while he dpsed her down I was also level 34 when I did this.
All of which doesn't apply to this guy lol

Not saying it can't be done, but saying it's not difficult but having zero relevance to what the OP has to deal with is sort of funny

MichelvanMeerten
03.11.2012 , 06:20 AM | #122
Level 32 Assasin here. Smacked her over the head and left with a dead Khem but myself at 70% health. Interrupts, dots, working brain and sometimes a bit running around. Ofcourse I used my heroic moment spell, health pack.

If your interrupt is on a CD just run - dont eat the damage.

She's level 34 either match her level and beat her with both your hands tied behind your back or learn2play your class. I finished her off when I was level 32.

Leveling a sorc and a assasin. They aer the same level.

Dafroog
03.11.2012 , 08:45 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Pashgan View Post
Yup - he's dieing in seconds. And I thought this quest can't be done with another companion (others can't be summoned within the instance).
you need to manage your interupts and stuns, the big aoe spell she does is a pain if not interupted, the extra stun in deception (low slash) can be a big help too as can bouncing agro with khem, but the most important part is interupting and stunning whenever she is about to cast
opinions are like bacteria, everyone has them but no one wants to take anyone else's on board

Chanze
03.14.2012 , 04:18 AM | #124
This was one of the most simplest class quests I have ran into. Lrn 2 interrupt.

Alavastre
03.14.2012 , 07:49 AM | #125
I have an Assassin, and I think I failed the first time, but stealthed away and regrouped.

Basically you have to figure out what her AOE spell is and interrupt it, and she might be healing, I can't remember it's been a long time. If there are heals interrupt that, knock her out of the AOE if you can.

You basically have 3 interrupts, you have the ground pound thing, your Jolt interrupt and then finally your stun. Just manage those, it's not that hard. Use your heroic ability. Use all defensive abilities, have a few stims around to heal and buff you before the fight. Khem will probably die when you are an Assassin, don't worry about it, just hit her as hard as you can until Khem dies, then be a bit strategic with your interrupts.

Honestly, people tend to have a problem when they have to think, Rift was that way with the bosses, people had the hardest time figuring out what to do.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Erevan_Kindelar
03.14.2012 , 08:08 AM | #126
I spanked her (something of a fantasy of mine, until she turned round during the pre-fight cutscene) as a lvl 31 Tank assassin with Khem (yes, I know, two tanks, but I had been told he made it easier to do... did not realise at the time that was just for Sorcerers).
Wiped once to figure out how much damage her attacks do, then on the second attempt interrupted the worst stuff and LOS'ed or kited if neccessary on both Khem and myself.

Then when I tried this with my lvl 31 healing Sorcerer, it was a faceroll and both Khem and I were around 80% health at the end of the fight.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Mr_Pancakes
03.14.2012 , 08:13 AM | #127
i did this as alvl 29 dps assasin wasnt that difficult just use a stim and a medpack

Relith
03.14.2012 , 08:29 AM | #128
no idea why this post was resurrected, but I just wanted to say I found it humorous. Yes...swtor is so difficult. Basically every problem can be solved with the interrupt button, but, oh no, can't do that. And lets not try to properly gear ourselves or our companions.

lets forget the mmos from the late 90s, early 00s where you would get nostril ***** with regularity.

plaktow
03.18.2012 , 02:13 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoth View Post
Killed the boss on third attempt after I stopped being so f***ing supid. Khem was dead but I still had 80% life left.
Took your advice, let Khem tank and called him away for the duration of the lightning storm. No probs whatsoever with the fight, tho I failed several times before reading your post.

Control Khem. Don't just let him do all the work for you, inquisitors.

Edit: What really annoyed me about this series was that it's a) bugged and b) forces you to travel all around the world, and then some. Several bugs in Black Temple alone. I don't remember Warrior's legacy quest line being this broken...just sayin...
<insert witty signature here>

Sivenom
03.18.2012 , 02:36 PM | #130
A lot of these class boss-type fights are essentially a trial and error version of learning your class. Rather than letting you go 1-50 without needing to figure out what your 20+ some buttons do, these quests FORCE you (violently sometimes) to figure out how the hell to defeat tough opponents without having a full blown raid.

Plus, theatrically, that's just an epic way to do things.

Essentially, interrupts, stuns, knockbacks, your two companion buttons ("attack" and "not attack"), and environmental awareness are your quest objectives. Your quest: learn what it means to be your class. The emperor didn't rise to power overnight, why should you be allowed to cruise control through the game without some brain activity?
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett