Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

**** off gumpy!

grimshawsalex
01.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #1
heya i have a lvl 26 gunslinger and im getting really pissed with gumpy deciding were i role and not letting me put cover were i want, does anyone know how to stop it?

VigDiath
01.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #2
don't target an enemy and drop cover where you find suitable. If you are already targeting someone, in and out of combat you can still click any surface to clear your target and drop cover without rolling. One of the most annoying things is to run into a room and click targets to see who you want to attack, and then roll right up into cover right next to an enemy
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

SKYSHADOWTHREE
01.05.2013 , 10:36 AM | #3
If you look in your ability list under your base class name, you should find a move called cover in place (or something like it). There is also a premade key stroke you can use but it currently eludes me. Check the Keybindings section for what it is.

grimshawsalex
01.05.2013 , 10:37 AM | #4
i no! its just i saw a video on youtube were he just droped cover even when he was targeting someone and gumpy had a cover spot for him

Gassygunslinger
01.05.2013 , 04:35 PM | #5
First off, it's Gumby (with a B). Second, I would suggest using two cover buttons. Personally, I have "Take Cover" set to 'F" (NOT on the quickbar. It will always be slower if you put take cover on your quickbar), and "Take Cover in Place/Crouch" set to middle-mouse button. So I press F if I want to roll, and just stand down wherever with my portable cover if I want to just drop a knee where I stand. And note that even if you just crouch in place with portable cover, you'll still get the full cover bonus if you're behind something that partially obscures you. You can even get full cover from places that the Gumby doesn't appear. Get creative!
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.