Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Regen Issues

Borobob
12.20.2011 , 09:22 AM | #1
So i just popped lvl 21 and I'm having a hell of a time healing the Heroic instances without completely running out of force during boss fights. Am I just doing it wrong or does anyone else find it extremely tough to keep our force pool up? The fights have been very very close, but we have beat them, just a bit of a struggle (3 dead and one alive at the end of Athiss after 3-4 fails haha). Am I missing out on some regen gear and/or force pool gear maybe? lol

Thanks guys!

Jaerion
12.20.2011 , 11:07 AM | #2
I've heard that some sages are encountering this problem. It could be that the AC is punishing for poor decisions (no offense, really), and it could be users. Again, no offense.

Are you being generous with heals? For instance, dps doesn't need full health to kill things faster, so they can dip a little bit. Being a bit stingy is actually more effective for you, long-haul.

Good luck, and thanks for healing.
AAAAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAHH!!!

harry_manback
12.20.2011 , 11:22 AM | #3
Make sure you have 5 points in the Telekinetics tree. 100 more force and 9% cheaper abilities. They are a must for every build out there.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that separate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Binkster
12.20.2011 , 11:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by harry_manback View Post
Make sure you have 5 points in the Telekinetics tree. 100 more force and 9% cheaper abilities. They are a must for every build out there.
QFT! It may not seem like much, but it makes a big difference.

SalBasss
12.20.2011 , 11:29 AM | #5
^^^^

Also, are you using Force Armor? How could you say no to an instant, low cooldown (albeit expensive) protection ability that will mitigate a TON of damage? It always blows my mind when ANY ~20ish Sage isn't using it, especially a healer, so try it out and see

Sagerk
12.20.2011 , 11:58 AM | #6
once you get rejuv and the talents for a cheaper force shield you will be in better shape. However since the 5 points in TK is a must it takes longer than it should to get them, bu trust me, once you do it will be a different story.

greenmartin
12.20.2011 , 12:07 PM | #7
Same issue though on Athiss at lvl 18 and to some extent on Hammer Station but we finished that one at least.
I am glad it is more challenging now actually.
I was definitely using a lot of force keeping dps alive. I am just not sure if that was a player caused issue or an unavoidable issue at this point. If everyone will always be taking damage like that in these instances there is gonna be a lot of dead bodies.
Just early observation though.

Khadroth
12.20.2011 , 12:31 PM | #8
If you're 21, you should have access to Noble Sacrifice (gained at lvl 20). Assuming you're not taking dmg yourself this can be a very good way to make sure you keep your force pool high (especially if you've got a sentinel in the group with you spamming their occassional group heals from zen). With the +100 force talents, NS will refund 48 force instantly, while only sacrificing 2 fps over the next 10 seconds, meaning that you'll have a net gain of 28 more force over those 10 seconds (at the cost of 15% of your hp) than you would have had.

The key is to make sure that you absolutely DO NOT let the NS 10 second force regen buff overlap ever (then you'll have gained 2 total force at the cost of 15% of your hp). Keep in mind you can also pop a medpack to heal yourself from some of the life tapping you're doing. Also make sure to maximize force potency's efficiency by using it on your big heals.

Towards the later levels this ceases to be a concern as you gain the ability to use NS penalty free on proc via Seer talents.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Llenyd
12.20.2011 , 12:46 PM | #9
Another thing to consider is Force regen is proportional to the amount of Force you have left. As your Force depletes, your regen slows down, so you have to pace your casting to try to stay at high Force levels.

Khadroth
12.20.2011 , 12:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
Another thing to consider is Force regen is proportional to the amount of Force you have left. As your Force depletes, your regen slows down, so you have to pace your casting to try to stay at high Force levels.
No it doesn't. In fact that's the primary benefit of the force power bar, it's not tiered like the energy bar's regen mechanics are.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin